boring!!

Started by austfit, September 10, 2018, 12:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austfit

What do we do now with an emperor that just keeps scraping more and more land? I havent' run turns in about 3 weeks, because there's no point. I'll pop up to a about 80-120 mil, lose all my land, sell everything in order to scout for more land again. I know this is whining, and we can't do much with such a small playerbase, but wow... how do we make this fun?

Shadow

Sevs is the only one who cares enough to be consistently active, so he wins because nobody bothers fighting. Not much that can be done about that. It's unclear to the rest of us what he gets out of beating an inactive server, but there you go.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Disl

Join UFA clan or private message #24. For 3 weeks I have been trying to mass rats solo but realized I cannot recall my troops from public. I need a clan mate, preferably Rat race to help break them. Ally clans have x3 Foreign Aid limit, while clan mates have x5 FA limit. Either way I need a partner to FA spam to keep costs low. 2 vs 1 but only 3 empires are running turns on the server from what I seen.

Quote from: austfit on September 10, 2018, 12:53:44 PM
What do we do now with an emperor that just keeps scraping more and more land? I havent' run turns in about 3 weeks, because there's no point. I'll pop up to a about 80-120 mil, lose all my land, sell everything in order to scout for more land again. I know this is whining, and we can't do much with such a small playerbase, but wow... how do we make this fun?
They are mostly food net from my understanding. It is incredibly difficult to protect land against Rat race and unlimited Foreign Aid in this game. We can eventually break them but it requires some cooperation. 22 hit limit is our biggest enemy if they stay solo. If they clan up we can leader suicide them.

Fun is subjective. But if ya want that land us 2 can do it.

Disl

Wanted to mention anyone can help with minimal effort: All I need is for you to sign up and create an empire, break protection, join UFA clan so I have x5 networth Foreign Aid access. I load you up with Rats, you put them on public market for $1300. We can coordinate a time for a break once we reach our offense goal.  Only turns used after protection would be on aiding back Rats when the time to break comes. No skill is needed in this regard. Some mouse clicking effort is required of course but I can do all the fighting turn by turn and math needed to break. Thanks in advance!

Gier

Pm me ingame if someone wants to work together.

Krowdon

I'm waiting til the reset to get back to playing.

It was fun until all that drama with my clan that I didn't even WANT happened so I'm sitting this one out. My clan wasn't even a "teaching clan" until Wolf Snare decided for some reason that it was. Which, I dont mind the help but that wasn't the purpose of my clan to begin with.

Already planning a new themed clan for next round gonna try again.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Drakus

Sorry about that Krowdon. Lmk what you are next time so I don't mass murder.
meow

Krowdon

I wasn't upset about getting Mass Murdered! I didn't care. Summertime flipped out and left my clan.

My name is usually "Krowdon".

If you wanna mass murder me to play the game that's fine. I just don't like people making my clan things it is not.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Disl

Well we broke summertime (1 trillion rats), couldn't break Sevz though (guessing 2 trillion):  [spoiler]After a failing struggle, your army is repelled by Summertime's defenses. In the attempt, you lost:
20,163,837 Rats
In their defense, Summertime lost:
59,992,526 Rats

After a failing struggle, your army is repelled by Punisher's defenses. In the attempt, you lost:
32,594,218 Rats
In their defense, Punisher lost:
69,025,940 Rats

After a failing struggle, your army is repelled by Summertime's defenses. In the attempt, you lost:
42,766,062 Rats
81,797,411 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 285 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,193,840 Rats
24,097,347 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 634 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
34,619,517 Rats
53,634,308 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 311 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,978,468 Rats
1,233,568 Rats

After a failing struggle, your army is repelled by Summertime's defenses. In the attempt, you lost:
1,785,705 Rats
1,124,692 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,468 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
36,516,092 Rats
66,461,771 Rats

33,612,275 Rats
48,685,504 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 432 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
2,314,224 Rats
58,876,135 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,041 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
18,924,480 Rats
3,108,125 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,402 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
14,397,716 Rats
57,561,390 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 874 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
11,415,615 Rats
11,820,421 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 196 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
19,421,420 Rats
26,732,099 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 679 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
430,828 Rats
13,600,857 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 949 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
6,288,070 Rats
36,716,587 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,390 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
23,331,977 Rats
12,166,005 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 368 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
22,969,728 Rats
13,709,732 Rats
You also grabbed $1,573,745,711 Cash!
You also grabbed 50,914,689 Food!

Your battlefield healers move quickly around the battlefield, healing the injured.
Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 145 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,478,746 Rats
18,328,230 Rats
You also grabbed $1,579,908,309 Cash!
You also grabbed 51,114,065 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 139 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,903,456 Rats
15,544,099 Rats
You also grabbed $2,018,247,348 Cash!
You also grabbed 65,295,451 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 92 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
11,727,962 Rats
26,024,141 Rats
You also grabbed $2,191,108,788 Cash!
You also grabbed 70,887,960 Food!

our Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 459 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
2,488,253 Rats
21,986,971 Rats
You also grabbed $1,748,713,643 Cash!
You also grabbed 56,575,348 Food![/spoiler]

If anyone wants to donate cash, food or especially loyalty for the breaking cause that would be helpful. Send to #11, #24 or #26.

PS: Does anyone know how to make spoiler tags, the one with the clickable box? -Thanks windy

windhound

Fairly sure the spoiler tag isn't part of the default SMF install, but there are mods for it. 
What would you use it for?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Disl

Quote from: windhound on September 19, 2018, 08:46:11 PM
Fairly sure the spoiler tag isn't part of the default SMF install, but there are mods for it. 
What would you use it for?

Copy/paste of attack feeds like in that Dpaste.de link in spoiler tag form. That way viewing and scrolling is optional

windhound

Not a bad idea

[spoiler]test
one
two
three
four[/spoiler]

Eh, whatevs
Not exactly what I was looking for, but it'll work
Just use [spoiler ][/spoiler ]
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sevz

I don't know what the issue is. For the first month I was a passive scout.
Players were active but 3 months is a long round.
In this game it's very easy to catch up and break big warlords. That's the whole reason I volunteer to scout land into the game. To give everyone a fair chance and headstart knowing how easy takedowns are.

Two easy ways to break me would be a few leader suicides and use missions against me. The other would be by reaching $250m networth and using rats with chaos to weaken my cheapest entry point.

I'm not good at doing the maths but I'll estimate how easy it is. 250mil net is 250m rats? A stupid player could buy them at $500 each which is $125b cash. A smart player would pay $90b and any Indy could generate them for less than $30b.
Your 250m rats are as effective as 500m in my hands. Using a Rat to do the attacking avoids desertions against bigger players and has the offense booster. Coupled with chaos and the relatively cheap upkeep its at least 2.5op vs 1.1dp.
10 failed attacks would do substantial damage. From then it becomes easy pickings. Sacks would finance the break so whoever had the courage to strike would make a profit during to attack phase and be able to use the acres to ensure consistency accessing the land.

If I've got 2,000,000,000 rats and you use chaos with 100,000,000 10x you could kill 750m for a fraction of what it cost me to buy.
Of course the land discrepancy means I need about 50x your land count to theoretically maintain invincibility.

I'm happy to trade my warlord with anyone who thinks they can fill my shoes.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Disl

QuoteI'm not good at doing the maths but I'll estimate how easy it is. 250mil net is 250m rats?

Each Rat = 1 networth. Military range is ~x10 networth. Leader Range is ~x20 networth. Each Rat has 2 offense and 1 Defense. Rat race has +25% offense. Wolf/Ferret has +10% defense. +5% defense for tie breaker. Gier can buy Rats on mercs for $357 with enough camps.

2.5 offense vs your 1.15 defense = 2.17 advantage. So to break your 2 trillion rats it would take about 922 million rats to break.  I wanted to do failed hits on you as well but I was running out of loyalty which I was using heal mission with to keep my health near 100% for maximum offense. It was either break Summertime or fail hits on you.

As we discovered 2 rounds ago Sevz, mercs has a cap of 99 mil rats making it very difficult to buy out enough rats to defend vs indy Rat and unlimited foreign aid in a timely manner. Even infinite cash cannot speed up the rat buying out process.

The goal is to simply break you. It would take extensive team effort to out net you guys with so little time left, so instead the goal is to free the land.  To remain invincible you would simply need more net, enough to stay away from ~x10 military range.

Sevz

Military range is 20x networth but desertions cap at 10x net.
You'll get 10% desertions max if I'm 11x-20x your size.
Leaders range is 10x.

Mercs do not have a 99m cap. With my land I can buy around 290m rats each 3hrs.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.