boring!!

Started by austfit, September 10, 2018, 12:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austfit

Sevz, I think it would be easier for me to handle you being an emp if you didn't keep scraping land once you got past 500k. You're completely within your rights but it's tough looking around to make land for a run and going "well...that guy's got 2k, this one's got 4k, land farm has 8..."

Gotta admit though this new quest to take you down is pretty fun!

Gier

You call this fun? This is the dullest prom-game I have ever played. That's pretty hefty knowing I've been playing prom since 2002. How will this game ever keep new players on board. In my opinion a prom player should only have one goal (at this state of the game): keep the server as active as possible.

windhound

Quote from: Sevz on September 20, 2018, 12:14:06 PM
I don't know what the issue is. For the first month I was a passive scout.
Players were active but 3 months is a long round.

The game slowed down when you started choking it...

Sevz..  the problem is that you're essentially running unopposed at the moment. 
The majority of the other players either don't have the skill or time to setup a meaningful response, and in the meantime you're continuing to batter the remaining players. 

It's not fun to face an opponent you have no chance of beating.   
And guess what, when this game is no longer fun people wont play. 
Your current tactic is killing the game. 

And I quite honestly don't get the appeal. 
I rejoined for a few rounds to send messages of encouragement and aid packets to new players but I'm currently kinda busy irl.  It's honestly a little irritating seeing you beat the server down to prop up whatever frail ego thing you've got going on. 

What, exactly, is the point?
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

austfit

So, Sevz, we tried rats like you suggested and then you bought them off the market, stole your money back from us, and knocked all of us down to 2k land with standard attacks or hitting us with rats and now you (or your ally) is sitting close to 700k land. I'm pretty close to quitting. How can someone "easily" make 250 million rats when we're below 10k land? For pete's sake, lake sturgeon is at 380 acres!

Sevz

I agree that this total annihilation isn't cool. Its not fun for us to win so easily but it is the end of the round and self sabotage would not make anyone happy.
Myself and Snare are too strong right now.
We dropped our defenses to encourage breakers but there's no satisfaction.

Obviously next round I'll be fighting Snare. I wouldn't mind making a clan each and having a big ol war. Maybe we just fight against each other and let you sore losers play amongst yourselves
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Disl

Quote from: austfit on September 24, 2018, 11:11:59 AM
For pete's sake, lake sturgeon is at 380 acres!
That was my fault. He was a good sack target and I was desperately trying to indy solo. My 3 weeks of solo runs ended up feeding them quite a bit of land in hindsight.

QuoteMaybe we just fight against each other and let you sore losers play amongst yourselves
This assumes anyone will be here to play next round.  You demoralized the only players left into vacation/idling. Gier and austfit were running solo until I asked them to help me, and you know how they feel about the round.  They are still new to this promisance and then they see your +1 month of net building and discard any chance of fighting back as futile. I don't blame them.  Us 3 know the code well, but they don't.  Keep their spirits, up they are fast learners and have a good tutor to bust you down.

I take full blame for the market robbing.  I didn't expect Sevz to spend 1 trillion cash buying out our $1300 rats, then stealing it all back.  It was a high gambit that paid off because I did not assign anyone the role of 100% leaders/land. Brilliant move admittedly, not one worth giving up over though.  Regardless the goal is the same which is to break the lock. So far you have bleed networth going from 9 billion to 6 billion networth. I say that is progress and incentive to keep the fight going.

[spoiler]Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 2,734 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
7,970,236 Rats
In their defense, Summertime lost:
41,466,703 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 642 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
2,539,137 Rats
35,978,532 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 841 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,154,433 Rats
46,333,102 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 203 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
5,738,354 Rats
37,465,838 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,674 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
7,703,264 Rats
25,258,693 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 938 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
2,964,357 Rats
23,583,105 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 2,350 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
3,381,978 Rats
17,945,768 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,138 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
9,364,464 Rats
17,506,966 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,755 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,378,563 Rats
4,029,213 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 2,057 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
4,628,160 Rats
24,624,723 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 2,314 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
5,772,994 Rats
19,339,762 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 480 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
5,227,712 Rats
23,672,753 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,141 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,484,297 Rats
20,111,426 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 2,743 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,982,693 Rats
3,103,955 Rats

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 11 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
732,125 Rats
2,138,109 Rats
You also grabbed $41,607,439 Cash!
You also grabbed 131,142,710 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,318 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
32,911 Rats
4,356,737 Rats
You also grabbed $38,059,784 Cash!
You also grabbed 119,960,838 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 225 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,251,248 Rats
5,753,916 Rats
You also grabbed $29,710,725 Cash!
You also grabbed 93,645,393 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 817 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
3,807,566 Rats
973,718 Rats
You also grabbed $26,014,231 Cash!
You also grabbed 81,994,396 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,857 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
5,106,726 Rats
6,401,078 Rats
You also grabbed $30,503,134 Cash!
You also grabbed 96,142,992 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,246 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
552,637 Rats
2,970,990 Rats
You also grabbed $36,548,446 Cash!
You also grabbed 115,197,242 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 877 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
324,828 Rats
12,547,695 Rats
You also grabbed $25,118,985 Cash!
You also grabbed 79,172,665 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 613 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
3,091,398 Rats
4,336,094 Rats
You also grabbed $24,843,392 Cash!
You also grabbed 78,304,021 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 691 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
3,198,120 Rats
7,442,929 Rats
You also grabbed $26,097,365 Cash!
You also grabbed 82,256,426 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 729 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
3,478,580 Rats
9,988,504 Rats
You also grabbed $30,364,549 Cash!
You also grabbed 95,706,187 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 289 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
325,234 Rats
4,988,472 Rats
You also grabbed $33,025,027 Cash!
You also grabbed 104,091,761 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 922 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
5,997,234 Rats
667,480 Rats
You also grabbed $31,122,868 Cash!
You also grabbed 98,096,334 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,862 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
1,197,098 Rats
540,189 Rats
You also grabbed $23,467,785 Cash!
You also grabbed 73,968,239 Food!

Your Army breaks through Summertime's defenses and captures 1,767 Acres of Land! In the effort, you lost:
6,384,832 Rats
1,758,316 Rats
You also grabbed $34,987,629 Cash!
You also grabbed 110,277,696 Food! [/spoiler]

Don't leave your ally behind, teamwork is imperative in this game!

Sevz

Redwall players have been weak and feeble since the first week I played here.
Approximately 15 years ago I stumbled upon this game and challenged them all.
I joined mid round and won the first round I played. All the best players have fallen before me. They said wait until Ereptor comes back. They said Shadow was the best and he could do things nobody could explain. They said I wouldn't stand a chance against WolfBite.
Juska could break my walls but I could always make a bigger warlord.
Volkov thought he could take me on and got humiliated. The firetooth and sharptooth brothers hated me for a decade and only felt my wrath. Windy never dared to fight me. PA made excuses to avoid me. Holby took my emperor strategy and needed 3 filled clans to even resemble what I'm capable of.
I laughed because I always knew who I was. I knew my capabilities.
I am the ultimate redwallian. The best of the best and in a realm of my own.

Sadly redwall has always been reliant on teamwork and teamwork makes individuals weak.

How about next round I challenge an entire clan?

Myself versus everybody else? Make a team and beat me to death?
I'll happily fight a losing battle.
You will see a pure warrior.
When I have zero chance of winning I can accept defeat but unlike others I don't go down without a fight.
I'll show you what one warlord is capable of.
Offensively and defensively. Give me a challenge that nobody can handle and I will embrace it.

Next round theme is Kill Sevz.
Ryu/Disl. I trust you to lead the team.
Its time for me stand down as the front runner and bring back the essence of war.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

Sevs are you a navy seal?

I never thought I would see one of those in real life but it just happened.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

When you read my post make sure you play this song

Denzel Curry - Ultimate.

Disl

I am the ultimate redwallian. The best of the best and in a realm of my own.

Sadly redwall has always been reliant on teamwork and teamwork makes individuals weak.
You could only keep the current lock through the sheer effort of Wolf Snare (who in my opinion is one of the best teammates you could have in RWL and promisance in general) doing the trench fighting and scraping from us, holding troops/food for you while you run, buying your public market etc. How you could omit his indispensable roll currently as a teammate and thus utilizing teamwork, while chastising others is beyond my comprehension.  When we teamed up and you disappeared it was always Snare playing at 100% carrying your side of the slack. I can imagine it is the same now.

Having teamed with you recently I am quite knowledgeable of your ability: which consisted of tantrums when your strategy (locking) was not accepted and going inactive/burning turns when the competition became overwhelming.  Snare on the other hand was fighting in the trenches day after day as an indy when it was us 3 vs 5+.  He can also run a leader player at optimal capacity like staying under $100 mil networth for the 24.5% mission bonus, or utilizing the 22 hitlimit/70 ratio theory > 175 ratio.  While you on the other hand would have 175 ratio and 25 million leaders with 550 turns telling us it was not good enough for you to use missions on, only to later completely lose your ratio and pulling your weight down again with every missed opportunity.  You play a good indy, but still are sub optimal in maging/leader due to your habits and pride leading to a missed opportunity cost.  This alone simply means you are not the best at this game, if such a thing did exist.

QuoteMyself versus everybody else? Make a team and beat me to death?
Next round theme is Kill Sevz.
Ryu/Disl. I trust you to lead the team.
Its time for me stand down as the front runner and bring back the essence of war.
Unless I am mistaken it is not possible to kill anymore as it is coded out. And without Snare to carry your slack I sincerely doubt you alone could lock or even net competently.
I actually am enjoying the challenge so far, but I am also crazy. And I do not represent all the others playing. Relax mang, you can run your empire how you desire for all I care but if you drive away everyone then the small pond you rule will leave you as the 1 big fish with nobody to compete with  :wink:

Shadow

That's pretty much already the case, and has been for a while.

Not sure why beating an inactive server is fun, and bragging about it is pretty cringy.

Krowdon

When does the next round even start?

Could we just do a reset early since it's clear this round isn't going anywhere
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Shadow

It resets in 2 days, and I think it happens automatically now (windy confirm?).

Krowdon

Oh okay two days isn't that long. Gives me time to finalize my clan idea.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

austfit

What's your clan idea?