Dynamic Market

Started by Shadow, October 05, 2018, 11:56:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

That would immediately be abused as a way to safely store cash on an inactive account, I guarantee it
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Disl

How about a 3 day grace period if they do not log in?  We have to keep in mind that after 7 days of inactivity an empire goes into vacation. So something less than 7 days to prevent abuse, but more than a few hours to nerf market stealing.

Shadow

I'm not sure I really want to nerf market stealing, though. I was to make it so that the market is not a safe storehouse that you can just dump stuff to and take it off at the end of the set. Having the fear of market theft at any time helps with that.

If anything, I want to make it so that people playing non leader based strategies can steal from the market, too.

Gorak

This is why I keep harping on removing sales limits on black market. Yeah the #'s suck compared to public market, but when the alternative is potential market theft....
It just gives indy players options for funding turns.
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Shadow

You can sell your marketed goods directly to mercs from the public market sell page without impacting your overall merc sell limit (I think), so if you first public market stuff there is effectively no sell limit to mercs.

But yea, I don't see any reason not to remove those limits.

windhound

I think the market needs to be slightly tweaked in regards to super-high demand items. 

There's currently 0 food on the market.  I list 500 mil, which causes the price to tank, someone buys it all which causes the price to skyrocket -- but there's zero food left on the market.  So when I list another 500 mil the price tanks again, and someone buys it causing the price to skyrocket. 
There's not enough 'memory' at the moment. 

0.3 hours ago    You sold 500,000,000 Food on the market for $2,700,000,000  ($5.4 ea)
2 days, 4.6 hours ago    You sold 500,000,000 Food on the market for $2,700,000,000  ($5.4 ea)
2 days, 19.8 hours ago    You sold 500,000,000 Food on the market for $2,700,000,000  ($5.4 ea)

When there's other listings on the market (causing it to not zero out) it seems to work fine
5 days, 22.2 hours ago    You sold 500,000,000 Food on the market for $7,650,000,000  ($15.3 ea)

But listing food and having it immediately sell for $6/ea (I'm assuming the missing $0.60 is market tax) isn't sustainable
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

Yea, that happened early last set, too. Once there is a decent mass of food on the market it's OK, but you're right that if it is consistently getting bought out it's an issue.

I could set min values for the reference point, which would require that the market reach "critical mass" before prices could start to drop and adjust.

Disl

As it stands it is highly in an empire's favor to buy out the market completely, and continously do so.  This means new listings will be $6, rather than letting the market average out around 12$ or so.

The demand for food on my part is due to food being costless networth, which with x5 networth foreign aid makes a very cheap run overall. Networth range is important and food allows us to go higher. Also food is very scarce, mercs gives about 100 mil daily depending on land.and 1 of the ferrets simply isnt  marketing their food.

This is an issue of there not being enough market players for food. But a code change on averaging out food even when bought out is a good idea. $6 food is an absolute steal

Shadow

Given the inability of the food market to get off the ground this set, I have tweaked it so that prices will not start to drop until at least 5 billion food are on the market. Price will always be above average as long as less than 5 billion food is present.

This will be a gradual change over the next two days or so as the market equilibrates.

Kind of clumsy, but let's see how it shapes up.

kell

any other big gameplay changes? i thought you could no longer make your clan tag none?
am i remembering right or was there a train button in the use turns tabs?
one more turn until im out of protection, positive ive already messed it up
founder of eire

first emp on the new server

Disl

Quote from: kell on January 30, 2019, 04:33:03 PM
any other big gameplay changes? i thought you could no longer make your clan tag none?
am i remembering right or was there a train button in the use turns tabs?
one more turn until im out of protection, positive ive already messed it up
None restriction can be bypassed with 'space', and many other unicode characters like U+200B. There is no 'industry' button (+25% production) in this code. Next best option would be Foreign Aid if clanned, or raise defences/anything really and F5+Enter spamming the public market every 5 turns if solo. 100% allocation stoats for example, sell to mercs 1 line when you need cash and switch into next allocation/spam/repeat. 

To mess up a protection strategy is to use no turns at all tbh. For indy the hardest part is getting your first couple billion cash.  $4 billion can easily turn into 200 million networth with 100k land for example. #10 is giving free aid btw

Gier

Quote from: Shadow on January 29, 2019, 12:52:12 PM
Kind of clumsy, but let's see how it shapes up.
There seems to be some kind of bug. It currently is impossible to buy food. Clicking the purchase button does nothing. Troops are working fine.

Shadow

Works fine for me... try again and let me know if it's still an issue please

Gier

It's indeed working as it should now. A few hours ago both me and someone else were having the exact same issue.

Shadow

Very strange. The change I made did not relate to that functionality. If you encounter the issue again please take a screenshot of the page with all your relevant stats and send it to me.