It's too quiet in here.

Started by Gorak, October 25, 2018, 12:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disl

Quote from: Gorak on December 15, 2018, 09:10:17 AM
Quote from: Shadow on December 14, 2018, 10:23:27 AM
All i have is a big pile of undefended food, that won't last haha
And no, I don't use the market. Prices are [poop] and I'm not giving my hard earned cash to one of you lot
You could buy Shadow's food and steal it all after it leaks from bank (~6 hours).  And if score ranking placement concerns you so much, follow up with poisons on him. With all that food it should put you in 1st (11 bil food is about $300 mil networth)

Gier is doing well, especially compared to last round.  Really impressed how consistent he has been with leader, and his cooperation/communication.  I asked him to clan up because indy is expensive without a foreign aid partner to spam to. That was my call. Gier had 14 mil leaders on 80k land, and snare had the poison and eventually steal on him all in the same run thanks to war declaration. Leader suicides are no joke in this game.

Still waiting for Sevz myself. I signed up specifically to deter him. Hope the mongy is doing well, he has been ignoring me these past 2 months :(

Gorak

Quote from: Disl on December 15, 2018, 10:03:05 AM

You could buy Shadow's food and steal it all after it leaks from bank (~6 hours).  And if score ranking placement concerns you so much, follow up with poisons on him.

How do you think I pissed him off the first time
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Gorak

Hmmm, seems Sevz has taken offence to me now as well. Must've been something I said.
Should make for an interesting end to the set.
Honestly, I'm just grateful for the attention

Shadow

I've never done the foraging thing before, I think turn for turn it basically keeps up with indy, without the upkeep. Defense is garbage obviously, but raw output it's about par, and you can scrape really well since your output isn't tied to hp anymore, not to mention extra healing as a ferret.

Good times.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

So without me to muck things up, did the little Sevz/Snare/Disl pact break up then? Interesting. Also hi guys, I took a break for awhile, real life stuff like wrecking my car and whatnot kind of got in the way, but I'll give the new set a try.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

I had one specific goal this set.
My aim for this set was try and stir up all kinds of crap in hopes of garnering more activity.
It didn't really work

Disl

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 30, 2018, 06:17:20 PM
So without me to muck things up, did the little Sevz/Snare/Disl pact break up then? Interesting. Also hi guys, I took a break for awhile, real life stuff like wrecking my car and whatnot kind of got in the way, but I'll give the new set a try.
I was a quite annoyed Snare/Sevz were able to get a total land lockdown 2 rounds ago, which I failed to break. So I signed up to make sure it didn't happen this past round. I ended up partnering with Gier which I didn't regret. I would partner with Snare again but we would run away with the set in all honesty  :D
Welcome back Volky!

Quote...in hopes of garnering more activity.
I enjoyed the posts you made to break the silence weekly. I see them but don't always participate.

Gen. Volkov

LOL, yeah, I feel like whoever you partner with will probably end up doing well. Anyway, thanks for the welcome back.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

So..  clearly I haven't been paying much attention to current game trends

We have:
3 Lizards (1 in protection)
2 Rats
1 Ferret
3 Fox  (1 in protection)
1 Wolf  (in protection)

Indies outnumber leader players?  With one leader player in the top 5? 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

getting control of the market was a big thing last round. Of course, with that setup there won't be anyone around to buy, or even theft, so I doubt that will stay.

Juska

Leaders suck Windy. About time you learned that.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

windhound

The indies are only keeping their net because the leader players allow it
I notice I haven't been sacked once this round, just captures.  Shows a bit of wariness to engage, which is absolutely warranted.  I'm just waiting on a target. 

Seriously though, this is kinda fascinating -- Indies keeping net out in the open, and leader players lagging (though I'm guessing more due to inactivity than anything else (?))
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gier

I don't see any point in sacking at this stage. It only gets you in trouble while grabbing less land. Unless you deliberately want to do damage or someone is sitting on a ton of resources, like Sevz and his pile of food, using the drive attack gets you more value.

Shadow

Quote from: windhound on January 14, 2019, 09:56:15 AM
The indies are only keeping their net because the leader players allow it
I notice I haven't been sacked once this round, just captures.  Shows a bit of wariness to engage, which is absolutely warranted.  I'm just waiting on a target. 

Seriously though, this is kinda fascinating -- Indies keeping net out in the open, and leader players lagging (though I'm guessing more due to inactivity than anything else (?))

Pretty sure this new market makes forager a viable strategy if you are active enough to make market robbing hard. It was pretty fun last set.

Gorak

Sack just doesn't yield enough to really be worth it. I feel like it's been heavily nerfed in the years I was away. Now it's kinda pointless