Started by Gen. Volkov, August 25, 2015, 04:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do non-Americans think of America?

Generally favorable
Generally unfavorable
Mixed thoughts (explain)
I don't care

Gen. Volkov

This question grew out of a discussion with my Dad, where I was telling him about a book I was reading, which was written by an Australian, and very pro-'Murica. He said that he thought most people who don't live in the US had a generally favorable opinion of the US. So I thought I would put it to the international members of RWL, what do you think of the US?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Uiblis

I've lived in the U.S for most of my life, so I probably couldn't give you an accurate answer.

However, the general tone/outlook that I get from most of my family members (big-city China) is that the United States is respected for its obvious economic status and political power, and envy the higher salaries and quality of living. However, they look down on most Americans and see most of them as sheep/uneducated/racist/etc. They also believe that the political system is corrupt and unfair, though if you push them hard enough they'll acknowledge that China's as [screwed] up, if not more [screwed] up than, the U.S's.

tl;dr pro - cleaner air con - white people :P
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow

Ambivalent. Depends what aspect of America you are talking about - there are just too many to discuss all of them. Any particular topic that came up in the discussion with your dad that you disagreed about?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Rolandnut

Thank you for the way. It helped me a lot. It is very helpful to me.

Gorak

Carrying on with necro'ing old topics, because... me

It's pretty mixed here. However the stereotype here is pretty standard. Which is Americans are extremely ignorant, rude, arrogant, trigger happy, violent and pretty stupid.
Again, that's not entirely how Americans are seen here, but it is the stereotype.
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.