My return

Started by West, March 05, 2021, 06:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West

It is I! Lord West returns after 16 years to the land of Promisance.. Keep your lands close for I have my eyes set  : :o ::) :-\

Anyway. duck this has changed. I'll need some time to get up to speed. Advice is welcome

JesterAverageJoe

I can relate; have you played critter-prom before, or were you -like me, more familiar with the vanilla themed high-fantasy variants?
the mechanics that tripped me up when I first started coming 'round here was that Wizards/Magic Users are Leaders here, & advancing/regressing between eras is moving to Mossflower (leader-strat) & then to Northlands (indy).
Also for a marginal boost in cash/food, check out the Headquarters in the game for some good ol' fashion commie rations :P
Check out the strategies section here to better hit the ground running~
Quite.

West

Hi Jester, thanks mate.

I started playing in the time of QM and later Valhalla I believe... Long time but anyway. Whilst playing DND, Scorpion and MagicianOfBlackChaos mentioned the are playing here. Hence I signed up.

Just reading the above paragraph gives me the chills... *Officially a nerd*

JesterAverageJoe

Happy to hear Valhall people still exist; always a laugh when I remember my first time there, I made an empire, & upon leaving protection, a random dude asks me where my hole was xD
The most Prom I'd ever played though was on tgamerzone.net (which you can only find on archive.org now) & NWO promisance later. I could never really call myself a consistent player since I burn out quick, but since coming here, it's been a good experience. All of the good ol' slugfest I remember w/o all of the egregious toxicity despite the couple old threads that do indicate the RWL community was not completely immune to petty griefing & the like :P
Quite.

windhound

Hey West, welcome to Critter Prom! 
One of the last standing promis

We're based on nearly two decades old QMT (...heck) and diverged from there.  Core is still QMT tho, you should pick it up quick.   
Let me know if you have any code questions, for strats others are better suited

But yeah, RWL was never quite as toxic as some of the other promis.. some tiffs here and there but largely amicable.   
Also forgot the wordfilter was set to duck, 'spose I could go in and tone that down
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

West

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I guess Morv and Q are happy about their legacy. Very much looking forward playing with you all.

Do you guys remember the guy who ended up managing Valhall? We used to call him "East" back at QMT but at Valhall he went by... ?. Darnit..  can't remember .

Anyway! Happy to be here!

Scorpion

16 years already?

[wash my mouth out!!!] me..

You mean Mawerick?

West

Maverick YES! And yes 16 years or more. I think we started playing 19 years ago actually.. We were still in high school... Any way... Time flies :(

BamBam

It has been a while, sure, some might say years..others a blink of an eye ;)