Attracting new players

Started by West, March 08, 2021, 07:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West

Hi guys,

Has there been given any thought about actively marketing this platform on other Promisance games for example "Earth Empires"

The gameplay is more or less the same (based on same sc) but has a decent amount of players. Creating some topics on their message boards and sending out in-game messages should do the trick to get the active player numbers up....

Not complaining about the activity levels of course  :-X I just think it deserves more attention. let me know what you think and how to coordinate.

Krowdon

Would you even be allowed to do that? A lot of sites don't allow advertising.

I think the Redwall TV show may help us, it'll create renewed and new interest in the series but whose to say when that's gonna happen.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

JesterAverageJoe

It seems a hard sell for me; I've intermittently run the Promisance FB page for a while, even opting to "boost" posts as a means of advertisement w/o too much out-of-pocket. I believe the RWL FB page has done so as well, possibly even more successfully with having such a dedicated community for as long as it has.

But despite my efforts to promote the game via FB, Reddit (where it seems most of my Prom-posts seem to get auto-removed), & the odd forum community, actual returns are sparse, with most seeds only seldom bearing fruit. Now that I think about it, I haven't actually tried posting since the Redwall Series announcement... Someone else who has better luck on Reddit should try xP

It still is my firm belief that if we had a compatible IOS/Android app that could competently execute the functions in-game, that would do alot of good to facilitate approachability to more new, potential players. I do recall Uiblis mentioning a willingness to attempt its composition, so I'm conscientiously hopeful, & would most certainly support more independant or cooperative efforts.
Quite.

windhound

Yeah, Shael tried facebook ads in the past..  not sure we got even one new member from it.       
The collapse of the Redwall Online Community (ROC) hurt us the most, a solid chunk of our membership came from places like Terrouge.   
We never really drew from the common Promi player pool, I think yall didn't like us much for whatever reason.   

Promi is a tough game to translate to mobile -- there's a lot of text, bunch of pages, and a fair bit of info to click through when making a run.  Most mobile games are graphics-based, and we're a text-based game. 

The game meta right now is also super non-intuitive.  ie for mage you can ignore everything but huts and leaders. 
Re-balancing is hard, tried with RWL3 and it seems like most existing players preferred classic.         
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

BamBam

Never thought I'd be playing promisance again, yet here we are. I should have kept a black book from all the QMT players, get a reunion going :)