Market / Clunys hut / Steal

Started by West, March 26, 2021, 10:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West

Is this really true? Why??

When I found out, I couldnt actually kill someone I thought of buying out the markets, keeping an eye on NW's that were going up and than performing Steal. However, the cash goes towards cluny's hut first and only drips out of the bank into the regular account, which also makes that a worthless strat.

I get the feeling this code is designed to protect the time and effort people put in to playing this game.

The common denominator of successful games is competitiveness.

I'm sorry if I sounds like I'm complaining a lot, just trying to help.

windhound

Critter prom yo.     
We've tended to have a younger, less pure-competitive playerbase and we protected them.   

Those players are mostly gone so I'm willing to make some concessions; kills were a part of RWL til relatively recently so it's not a huge stretch to bring them back. 

As far as successful games...  afaik we're the last of our era.  QMT, Vahalla... all super competitive and all super gone.  

We've had others make the argument that our game is too soft.  I've always offered to help those people setup their own promi, none of them have taken me up on it. 
The last gen QMT and FAF code bases are super mature and easily setup, I'd argue FAF was probably the best.  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gier

Buying out someone's market is a viable option. Ryu and I did it very successfully a while back. It takes a lot of preparation making the cash though and it is very high risk when doing it against people that log in every few hours. If you get caught, you end up with not much.