"Dibbun Talk"

Started by Badrang the Tyrant, May 16, 2003, 04:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badrang the Tyrant

When nOObs communicate, they talk like Dibbuns, so I gave the way of talking a name.

Bran Stoneshield

I guess so! What is this board coming too?
RNN Reporter!

Rawpaw's Horde Reborn.

I am back.

joe34

haha wut r u taklng abot i dontak lik a diben lol
GENEFORGE, RULER OF ALL THE NORTLANS!!!!!!!11!!!1

Bran Stoneshield

Quote from: joe34haha wut r u taklng abot i dontak lik a diben lol
Should Be:

Haha what are you talking about? I don't talk like a dibbun lol!

Go get a Dictionary!
RNN Reporter!

Rawpaw's Horde Reborn.

I am back.

joe34

cant u ley of my bak dood???1?!?!!?1 <_<  

Bran Stoneshield

Quote from: joe34cant u ley of my bak dood???1?!?!!?1 <_<
Corrected:

Can't you lay off my back, dude?!?!?!?!?!?!?! <_<
RNN Reporter!

Rawpaw's Horde Reborn.

I am back.

Beem

Bran Stoneshield correcting the mistakes of others when they are obviously joking is pointless and annoying.  The reason in correcting grammar is to show the errors to the person at fault so they learn from them.

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Peace Alliance

is this really a general discussion kind of topic?

Abby The Rat

The forum is getting attacked with even worse newbies.

And n00bs is for new comers. Newbie is the way you act.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Ashyra Nightwing

I think the newbs should be gagged... I wish there was a way of making sure someone could spell at least simple words before they came here.

TR Shadow

I think we should welcome the newbies here.  If we don't welcome the newbies, they won't eventually become middlebies.  I personally think we need to stop trashing them.  Yes, we can teach them how to spell, but we have to remember that most of us were newbies once too.  I was probably the worst of them and I know what it's like to be a newbie.  I was a happy pony raiser, I didn't care about my spelling, and I posted really random topics.  I even made up my own newbish language.  A few people really gave me a hard time about it and I'll admit, it didn't make me feel too good.  We need to be able to calmly tell newbies to straighten up without being mean to them.  I would hate to be part of an online community that doesn't welcome new people.  I know there's a difference between a new person and a newbie.  We, IMHO, are givving newbies a hard time.  Comments like Ashyras are unneeded.  Some of us are complaining that the forums arn't getting any bigger, but if we don't welcome newbies then I can see why they arn't.  I'm not saying we all must love them, I'm just saying that they deserve better treatment.

~Julie~

Badrang the Tyrant

I don't think joe is kidding around.  I mean the first post could be, but the second post just showed that he is a newbie.

Ruatine

Julie, it would be one thing if they tried to be nice and at least make their posts legible. People tried to tell them nicely at first, but they just got mad. That shows immaturity on their part. Personally, I felt that they should just be ignored if they weren't going to even try to improve. Unfortuantely, others kept egging them on. These newbs that just signed up have insulted quite a few people just because they didn't like to be constructively corrected. There is no excuse for rudeness though. This goes for all--newbies, middlebies, and oldbies.

There's nothing wrong with being a newbie. There is something wrong with having an attitude when someone corrects you. That also goes for all. Only immature people can't handle being corrected.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

joe34

King or Cripple? What have I become? Beneath these kingly robes there lies a fragile man.

Pippin

The Federation CPO approves of this topic.

talkie lika dibbun

ikkle wikkle babbeh rolo outsmarted the crows in season 2 mattimeo! GO BABY ROLO!
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres