Favorite Author

Started by RazorClaw, June 05, 2003, 10:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodrath

Of course Tolkien is on my list, along with Tom Clancy, Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins, JK Rowling and Stephen King. I have some more, but those are more of my favourites.

Sonoras

I like:

Brian Jacques(sp?)
Lemony Snicket
JK Rowling
J.R tolkien

I think thats it.

Deathclaw

1 - Brian Jacques
2 - Lemony Snicket
3 - J.K. Rowling

Hm........ a Redwall-based site, who should I expect to be winning?  ;)  
Glory, Glory, Man United!

calria

*cough* CoolClaw...
Probably because she hasn't written very many books yet.

*coughs again* ...and that's still not a complete sentence, but let's not go there...

WHY exactly was George Lucas put on there? HE'S A FILM DIRECTOR, NOT AN AUTHOR!!!
I swear, kids, if you guys can't tell the difference between a movie and a book, I give up.

*grin*
My favorite authors:
- JK Rowling
- Nan Ryan
- Sylvia Plath
- Anne Sexton
- JRR Tolkein
- Mercedes Lackey
- Morgan Llywellyn
- Anne McCafferey
- JD Salinger
- Billy Collins

(Okay, okay, so three of those are technically poets... Plath did write a novel, Sexton wrote short stories, and Collins' poems are really quite long... BAH!)

TS/RULES!

Lemony Snicket is my favorite writer, he has a great style of writing you don't even have to read who its by to tell if its's a Lemony Snicket book.  They are very fun to read.  His sieries or however you spell that word, Sierie or however you spell that word of unfortunate events is a awesome seiries or however you spell that word.
If only I was a Mario... I could Jump on bullies, Use Yoshi to spit random fruit juices at them, and basically beat the crap out of them...

Sonoras

I'm in the middle of the 5th book.

Pikepaw

I bought Triss, Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix and The Hobbit on June 21st.  I read Triss, finished Harry Potter just last night(a few days it took me to read it, 4 or 5) and have begun The Hobbit.  People are amazed at my fast reading.
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Sonoras

Wow,very impressive!I got Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix the day it came out and I am still not done with it.(Mainly because It's Summer vacation so I don't read as much.)

Almkman

I'm the fastest reader in my grade.I don't even compare to some of the people here.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Bravehart

I don't believe this, 3 pages and not one person even mentions T.H. White?  That's a criminal offense!  Okay, fave authors: T.H. White; J.R.R. Tolkien; T.A. Barron; Brian Jacques; Timothy Zahn; etc. etc.  I love so many books, hard to decide who's the best author.  (Note: Those listed are in no particular order.)

In the fast-reader contest, I read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy all in 8 days. The Hobbit in 1, FotR in 3, Two Towers in 2, RotK in 2. ;) How's that for fast?

I?ll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree
I know you can hear me
I can taste it in your tears

Holding my last breath
Safe inside myself
Are all my thoughts of you
Sweet raptured light
It ends here tonight

Closing your eyes to disappear
You pray your dreams will leave you here
But still you wake and know the truth
No one?s there

Aqualis

I think I'll should add L. Ron Hubbard to my list of favorite authors (that was in this topic ... right?).

I read fast, I don't know how fast.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Abby The Rat

I agree with you Teufel.

But Julie winning... ~nod wisely~ She's whom we call Others.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Brock

My favorite author... other than Brian Jacques, Tolkien, and JK Rowling, is my brother... seriously... he's a great writer.  Go here to read some of his stories.
I like Chicken, I like Liver, Meow Mix,Meow Mix, Please Deliver!

calria

*wonders why J. K. Rowling wasn't listed*

Also, why is it that more girls than guys over a certain age like Harry Potter? I just finished book 5 yesterday, so I'm rather HP-ish.