"Nothing is Impossible!" Revisited

Started by Vengerak, July 08, 2003, 03:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengerak

Just for something to debate, this, since Shael seems to have tired of the subject months ago. ^_^

My (ironclad) argument is this: If NOTHING was impossible, that would mean that it was IMPOSSIBLE for something to BE IMPOSSIBLE, correct? Therefore, since IMPOSSIBILITY WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE, it would STILL BE IMPOSSIBLE for NOTHING to be impossible. Because, after all, if it is not possible for something to be impossible, then not everything is possible, is it?

Thoughts?

Ruatine

*grins* Why dig it up? Why use that argument? Man definitely has impossibilities. I think that there are some things that are impossible for man to do and impossible places for man to go. *shrugs* That's my two cents.
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Aqualis

Something may be impossible for one man, but possible for another. It is my opinion that nothing is impossible. For example, one man can take apart a carburator and put it back together with his eyes closed, but man B doesn't even know what a carburator is.

Maybe a better way to phrase this would be everything is possible.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

TR Shadow

I am so confused!  Does this mean that if nothing is impossible, than NOTHING is impossible, so therefore it is impossible to do nothing or for anything to be impossible?  *Gets even more confused*  *Throws hands up in the air*  I give up!

Trident

Possible possibly possibler possib-shut it.  Heh.  

Kenny Boy

Alrigtht, I will now and forever be called "The Confusionary"
Hi! I'm Ken and I am cooler than you!
-----------------------------------------------
Turbo

K Money (#25)

highest rank:3
------------------------------

Hello everyone, I have given up on regular and now I only play turbo.
user posted image

RazorClaw

So, the impossibility of impossibility itself is impossible, meaning that if nothing is impossible than impossibility is impossible, therefore something is always impossible? Interesting theory. I agree. You could say that everything other than the impossibility of something being impossible is possible, I suppose.

TS/RULES!

If Nothing is impossible doesn't that mean its impossible for everything to be impossible?  

Hmm... After saying possible so many times it sounds strange...
If only I was a Mario... I could Jump on bullies, Use Yoshi to spit random fruit juices at them, and basically beat the crap out of them...

Almkman

It's easier to say.Everything is possible or nothing in impossible.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

Pikepaw

I am confused, a lot.  *Faints from the confusing words from the confuser.  Is near death in a coma.*
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.

Almkman

It should be a coma.A comma is this ,.
Oh come let's sing Ohio's praise
     And songs to Alma Mater raise
  While our hearts rebounding thrill
With joy which death alone can still
   Summer's heat or winter's cold
The seasons pass the years will roll
  Time and change will surely show
   How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

RazorClaw

So, the confusing of impossibility is not impossible, therefore is possible, and the confusing confuser could possibly confuse the impossibly confused, correct? And the impossibility of confusing confusion is now possible due to the impossibility of confusion being impossible. Got that all down? :)  

Abby The Rat

If everything was possible, then wouldn't it be possible to have something impossible but that means everything isn't possible? However, isn't it possible to make something impossible possible?

How's that? Less confusing?
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Ashyra Nightwing

Just thinking about this makes my brain want to explode...

Nothing is impossible.

Pikepaw

Very confused now.  *So confused by RazorClaw that his brain starts emploding and heat beat stops in his coma and people scream and worry.*  
Never muck with me because I'm a Canadian mercenary
Pikepaw has returned! He has become more evil! But I am back, to rule all and destroy the Earth!
If you knock me down, I'll get back up and knock you down, then I'll chase you with my torch and pitchfork and big club thingy.
In the words of the wise barbeast: "Yer true friends stick up fer ya! Yer best pals pay fer ya!" After this, the barbeast fell over drunk, after his last words of wisedom.