"Nothing is Impossible!" Revisited

Started by Vengerak, July 08, 2003, 03:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengerak

Hey, wow, so I do.

Of course, having replied, it's now at 238...

Heh, if I remember correctly, Shael, I never actually had my argumet rebutted directly, even after 10+ pages. ^_^

Oh, & the egg came first, because lizards etc were laying them before the chicken existed.  

The Beatles

Mighty spork! Don't start that again...
17 pages of beautiful arguments wiped by an incorrect software upgrade.
And Xanthippe still wasn't convinced ...
g-a-h
And I'm a dude called 'I PWN YOU' and planning to eliminate all living players in the game with bounties, because 10T dollars really helps, oh well, what am I saying....

Ashyra Nightwing

*nods* 'Twas the egg. The chicken had to hatch from somewhere...

The Lady Shael

But something had to lay that egg...it's like asking if man were brought into this world as a newborn or an adult. And that would also go for Raine's statement, something had to lay that lizard's egg...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

The step from feathered lizard to bird must have been made in an egg, if you think about it.

The Lady Shael

But, for that statement to be true, evolution must have been inevitably correct. You can't really prove that evolution happened. If there is a God, and he created the world, and man, then he created all the creatures within as well. If that's correct, I'm sure we can very much doubt that he created an egg rather than the creature itself. That's only assuming that there is a God, so don't go on contradicting me about that. And I'm also unwilling to start a religion argument here, so we'll leave it at that, I hope.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Vengerak

*Deep breath* Well-  *Muffled bang* Ack! *Topples from soap box* Uuuh- *Thud.*

The Lady Shael

*pats Raine* Don't trip when getting back on your soapbox.

*bumps*

Scarwake

Hmmm....I conclude that the egg was brought upon us first by the reptilian life forms...The reptilian life forms as thought by one of the major evolutionary theories were brought by transformations of something...*can't remember*  So therefore the lizard also came first...Then the transformation from feathered-lizard into chicken began, but eggs where still around before chickens so.....There is your answer thanks for using the Scarwake Let's Figure Something Out HotLine.....*runs away before he gets beaten to death*
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Vengerak

*raises topic from the dead*

You will all tremble before the Thread Necromancer!

Heh, good times.

The Lady Shael

I made a mental note two years ago to read this when my brain was capable of doing so. *makes mental note again*

Maybe we should just have a separate forum for topics like this that we resurrect over and over again...*ponders*

Nohcnonk

Nothing is impossible.? If it is nothing, it is impossible.? If it is something, it is possible.? Simple as that...

Gen. Volkov

No! Stop! You evil evil person! This thing of all the montrous threads on this forum should just DIE. And STAY THERE.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Vengerak

Quote from: The Lady Shael on September 29, 2005, 03:54:43 PM
I made a mental note two years ago to read this when my brain was capable of doing so. *makes mental note again*

Maybe we should just have a separate forum for topics like this that we resurrect over and over again...*ponders*

Most forums stick venerable threads in an archive.

Gen. Volkov

Kill it! Kill it before it wakes up!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES