Connectivity Issues

Started by Retto, January 26, 2003, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retto

Despite the fact that I haven't edited anything on the pages, it seems to be going angry...

For those of you who can't get to the xepher.net server at all, go to this address: http://66.14.18.238/~rwl/

For those of you wondering what's wrong with the game, I'm looking at how to fix it. Updates will come as I go.
UPDATE - 10:41 AM: Not only am I tired, but I've identified the problem. It's that, somehow, the $action variable, which is what you use to go to different pages, is getting set to null.
UPDATE - 11:00 AM: I don't really know what went completely wrong, but I do know that it had something to do with an oddity in getting the passed variables.
UPDATE - 11:05 AM: Wacky things are happening. I'm not the only one frantically trying to fix things this morning. Database is down, for now. When it's back up, I can start working again.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Bloodrath

Can you estimate the longest this could take to be fixed? Like is this just some bug that is major but not deadly or is this thing going to last for a long time? Just wondering. :unsure:  

~>John<~

hmmm i take it we arent getting turns while this is happening?
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

I hope we are. If you need any help i can offer it cuz i assume u built the page on php.

General Austin

In God I trust, and in Him alone shall I put my faith.

Retto

Okay. This is fixed, though liberal extra code on each page while xepher goes and fixes its self. Enjoy. And be grateful, because I spent 3 hours on this.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

General Austin

Thank you! *shakes Retto's hand heartily*

Bloodrath

Hey, thanks for getting it up. Down part of this is I was on protection and still am, even though I should be out by now. I guess no one got and turns though.

Me wanteee turns.. WAHHH!! O well, thanks anyway Retto!

Retto

we gave everyone 100 extra turns because of the time the server was down.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Holby

I came back with 350! :P

I used 2/3's of them up, though.
I will not deleted this

Bloodrath

Wow, ya I have 100 extra to use. Sweet. B)  

Der fuhrer

Thanks Retto i was trippin' out about someone hacking redwall and oh no :blink:   but i feel happy now thx  :D  

General Austin

How come my vacation was extended another 100 hours or something? *sighs*

Abby The Rat

What..... Then there must be something wrong with mine. I got like 400 turn or something??? 378 right now?

That is over a 100 extra turns.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]