Suggested Role-play Guide

Started by The Lady Shael, October 06, 2003, 03:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

The following is a role-play guide I typed up, for Retto's Trails, actually, but it works here too. Keep in mind the topic title, it's only optional. But it's suggested. Meaning, you don't HAVE to do it, but it would be really, reeeeally nice if you used it. Plus, it's spiffy. It's nice just to read through it, and get more into the spirit. It's definitely not finished, and I'll be adding on to it at various times.

---

Outside: The HQ is sort of like a mini-castle in the middle of a clearing in the Mossflower Woods. It looks abandoned, with vines, and moss spreading the walls. There are battlements surrounding the main building.

Inside walls, outside main building: Looks deserted. There's nothing growing, just a few stubs of dead grass, and a fallen birch tree near the wall. Much dry dirt.

Main Entrance Hall: Completely contradicts the outside appearance. Walls trimmed with carved mahogany, dusty family crests lining the walls, lamps flickering in the halls, decorated carpets, etc. This hall leads to the Supreme Warlord's Office through a side door, and at the end of the hallway, leads to the Grand Parlor.

Supreme Warlord's Office: (can belong to any RWL admin) Small, crowded, with desk and fireplace, desk is cluttered with papers.

Grand Parlor: Before seeing this, the thought that should come to your mind is, "I haven't seen anything yet." Very large parlor, with a ceiling that extends to the bottom of the second floor, with an exquisite chandelier above, and paintings decorating the walls. There's a staircase (think ?Titanic?, except a little steeper) leading up to the clan conference rooms and dormitories. From the Grand Parlor, you can go to the Bar and Hearth, Formal Dining Area, Kitchen, Grand Conference Room, and the Lower Levels.

Bar and Hearth: This is sort of like two rooms in one. It?s not even that large, but this is where you?ll most likely find anybeast you?re ever looking for. In other words, this is where everyone hangs out. (imagine it as the ?General Discussion? forum) There?s a bar with tables and bar stools on one end, and on the other end is the hearth, with a fireplace, soft armchairs, some couches, and a couple tables. The doorway in the hearth leads back to the Grand Parlor.

Formal Dining Area: Just what it sounds. This is used for big events, or when the HQ leaders (admins) say so. It?s a rather large room, a little smaller than the bar and hearth, with dim lighting. There?s a long, mahogany table centering the room, with four chairs heading one end of the table. The entire table can probably sit fifty creatures. Two doorways, one from Kitchen, other from Grand Parlor.

Kitchen: Where the poor helpless slaves work. Here they prepare the food for the bar and Formal Dining Area. Some warlords even barge in here to taunt and tease the slaves. The kitchen leads to the back area of the bar, Grand Parlor, and Formal Dining Area.

Grand Conference Room: This is a neat room. It?s a large circular room with a large circular polished table in the middle, and an enlarged map of the entire Mossflower Country spread out in the middle. There?s only one entrance to this room: from the Grand Parlor. On the side opposite the doorway sit the four admins. Then on either side of them sit the mods, then clan leaders, in descending status all the way around the table. This is where the admins confer with others about problems, wars, alliances, all the main important stuff that involves a lot of clans and/or hordes.

First Floor Hallway: Not exactly a hallway, more of a circle-ish hallway. The Grand Parlor is basically a large dome, and this hallway borders it all the way around, and circles the exquisite chandelier mentioned in the Grand Parlor. It?s rather large though, with many doors along the hall. Each of these doorways lead to a small, professional-type clan conference room. Most are unused because there aren?t many clans, but as you walk you can see doors with signs inscribed with ?Athel Loren?, ?Winter? or ?Blades?. You must have the clan password to enter these rooms, because inside each of these rooms are the strategies and tactics each clan discusses.

Second Floor Staircase: Designed like the First Floor Staircase. This is at the opposite side of the top of the First Floor Staircase though.

Second Floor Hallway: Different from the previous floor. This one is a straight hallway, rather like the Main Entrance Hall. From here you can go to the Second Floor Staircase, the Library/Lounge, the dormitories of admins and mods, the Third Floor Staircase and the Second Floor Balcony.

Library/Lounge: This is quite a large area. Note I say area, not room. This takes up most of the second floor, and includes hundreds of shelves of books pertaining to Mossflower, Southsward, the Northlands, and lands beyond, both fiction and non-fiction. These are also where maps are stored. Scattered throughout the library are couches, armchairs and tables, for leisure and comfort when reading. Here it?s quiet and serene, and it?s a good place to think and strategize to yourself.

Admin/Mod Dormitories: On the opposite side of the hallway of the Library/Lounge, are the admin/mod dormitories. The door actually leads to a smaller hallway, from which each admin and mod have their own separate room. Mods are on one side of the hallway, and admins on the other. Obviously, the admin rooms are a little larger and more elaborate than the mod rooms, but the mod rooms are agreeably larger and more comfortable than a normal warlord?s room. Currently, there are two mod rooms and four admin rooms. The mods are Teufel and Shael(both females), and the admins are Ad, Boze, Stormclaw and Retto(all males).

Second Floor Balcony: This is on the Library/Lounge side of the Second Floor Hallway. There are glass doors leading to the balcony outside, which is marble white. It?s not a very large balcony, and probably only holds 6 vermin. There is only a long deck chair, since a table and other chairs won?t fit.

Third Floor Staircase/Hallway: These are all normal warlord dormitory rooms. It seems like a long hallway, with dozens of doors on each side, but it?s just like the Second Floor Hallway. All of the dormitories on this floor belong to the following: triple-digiters and under in the First Era, clan leaders, ex-Emperors, and one room slightly larger than the rest which belongs to the current Emperor. If you do not qualify as any of the titles just mentioned, your room is not on this floor. This hallway also leads to the Fourth Floor Staircase and Third Floor Balcony.

A Normal Warlord?s Room: It?s not too small, and not too big. Admittedly, it?s not as big as the mod/admin dormitories, but that?s understandable. This room includes a bed, a nightstand, a window, an armchair, and a table to lay out strategies and plans.

--

Happy role-playing!
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ashyra Nightwing

Wow. Tis very spiffy. I've just posted..

Bladetail the Ferret

i really did'nt know that it must have taken 2 years

Bladetail the Ferret

sorry for the rude comment i could not resist

RazorClaw

Whoa, kind of VERY old topic-bringing-uppish...

Nohcnonk

Yes.  Nice work on Shael's part though.

RazorClaw

A nice, basic guide. Aye. STOP BRINGING UP OLD TOPICS, PEOPLE!  :angry:  :ph34r:  ::disagrees::  ::disagrees::  ::disagrees::  ::disagrees::  ::disagrees::  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  

Arguia Zsah

DemonSlavers

allo i am Demonslavers.  Feel welcome to P.M me anytime

Aim: Babylocke991

Email: Lockedapimp12@yahoo.com

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

Guthorm Swordmaster

Juska

How does yelling stop spamming make you feel?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Guthorm Swordmaster

nothin really but he just spams every topic he sees.

DemonSlavers

The # 1 Turbo Playa'

RazorClaw

That's right, Guthy. He only spams in 9/10 topics he sees.  

DemonSlavers

::disagrees:: hahahaha funny :snicker:  Not... :angry:  

The # 1 Turbo Playa'