Suggested Role-play Guide

Started by The Lady Shael, October 06, 2003, 03:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Pippin on October 24, 2009, 05:52:01 AM
Quote from: Zara_rose_wolf on September 16, 2009, 05:15:33 PM

It's funny how i've just found this and no warning of w/e has been issued.

And, just wondering, how does describing rooms in detail help with a roleplay? I see a few points but, it's confusing.

If anyone wanted to do a RWL-related role-play, using in-game events and RWL members, and the idea that RWL has a headquarters in Mossflower, it could help. I wrote that years ago though...forgetting that all the action happens outside and not inside the RWL headquarters. =/ Where Shael usually spends all her time as a non-player.

Wow. This is OLD. I used the word 'spiffy'.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

Quote from: The Lady Shael on October 27, 2009, 10:02:42 PM
Quote from: Pippin on October 24, 2009, 05:52:01 AM
Quote from: Zara_rose_wolf on September 16, 2009, 05:15:33 PM

It's funny how i've just found this and no warning of w/e has been issued.

And, just wondering, how does describing rooms in detail help with a roleplay? I see a few points but, it's confusing.

If anyone wanted to do a RWL-related role-play, using in-game events and RWL members, and the idea that RWL has a headquarters in Mossflower, it could help. I wrote that years ago though...forgetting that all the action happens outside and not inside the RWL headquarters. =/ Where Shael usually spends all her time as a non-player.

Wow. This is OLD. I used the word 'spiffy'.
Now you've traded up for bigger and better words? 'Spiffy' is pretty good.

Actually, I think a new RP guide would be great-Kind of a checklist to get started. There seem to be quite a few RP's that have survived haphazardly, but structure might encourage others to join in?
I will not deleted this

Krowdon

And rules. So we know what things we can or cannot do. I didnt find a "Role-play rules" topic.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

The Lady Shael

That is a great point. RWL has never had any kind of role-playing rules whatsoever, in this forum (and everywhere else) we've always let people do their thing however they want. But it would definitely help to have a guide to help those who aren't as familiar with it. I'll make a topic with the basic rules, and we can discuss there any other rules or guidelines we want to add.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.