Disablings

Started by Quamicauzilot, October 18, 2003, 10:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quamicauzilot

Looking at the scores list, I wonder why I see four new disabled warlords [Blood Wake (#280), cold stone (#11), Hope Threeturnal (#603), and Pentephraxis Legion (#7)]  Some of these have been explained to me, but not all, and I'm really quite interested in why they were all disabled.
If I think of anything I forgot, I'll just edit it in.

To think I almost forgot this.  For those of you that aspire to rule: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

For the CAFI folks.

Quamicauzilot, leader of The Sockferrets, #10.

Blackeyes

I was just wondering the same thing.
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

Scarwake

As am I, for I know that I've never known any of those 4 to cheat in the game before, to my knowledge.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

bjornredtail

It's the oldist, and diritist trick in the book, signing up with the same E-mail as another player. The game is smart, or depending upon how you look at it, dumb enough to automaticly disable both hordes.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Ashyra Nightwing

Yess... That's evil. Someone's used my email adress to make a new account. *eats the evil hamster*

Kilkenne

Or what they do is log onto someone else's account from their computer, then log onto someone ELSE's account from their comp, and WHAM, two IP addresses are the same, and that = destroymentation.

caedo caelestis

Quote from: KilkenneOr what they do is log onto someone else's account from their computer, then log onto someone ELSE's account from their comp, and WHAM, two IP addresses are the same, and that = destroymentation.
Nah, that would mean all the family accounts would automatically disable.

The Lady Shael

I thought that the admins personally look into family accounts, and fix that so it doesn't disable. It would be a lot easier to catch multis by IPs.

That's odd though, I still don't know how they were disabled...isn't weird how they're just disabled now? This is confusing...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Retto

Someone had the brilliant idea to disable a bunch of people by signing up with proxies and others' e-mail addresses. Their accounts have all been deleted, and the others have been undisabled.
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

fingo

Do I get undisabled cause I still am!

To all those other people who got disabled did you have the password as "hahaha"?
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not

Veranor

Retto, why not just stop someone from signing up with the same E-mail, and not disable the account... seems like the easiest way to stop such a thing...
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

Retto

It is a much better idea, and we are definately putting it in for BAX
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

bjornredtail

How about getting rid of innactivity delete too?
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Ashyra Nightwing

YAY! I'm undisabled! Whoo! *worships the admins*

No, the password for the other account was 'sparkey' for me...

fingo

QuoteI'm undisabled

Yay me too.
What a nice surprise I've been hammered.
The noises of the world cannot hurt the clouds
The only certainly in life is death
Remember where ever you go there you are
There are 3 types of people, ones good at maths and the others not