A Visit to a Floating City

Started by Mikalae Gildar, November 03, 2003, 10:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikalae Gildar

Cold.  Icy winds blow over the waters of this great ocean, stirring waves into white froth, blasting the shore with winds and torrents.  Waves crashed upon the shore, and rain started to come down; slowly at first, but soon increasing in velocity and fervor.  The droplets smashed into the foamy crests, disappearing into the deep.  A wildcat and two weasel guards stood on a rock overlooking the ocean, and a floating city just offshore.  The wildcat wearily brushed his headfur back from his face, and wiped the rainwater out of his eyes.  He was regal in bearing, though somewhat battered by the elements.  His two guards had long, flowing black cloaks, and stood with their spearpoints in perfect alignment, testement to their strict military postures.  Mikalae DarkKnight stood, paw resting on his longsword, watching the small boat being rowed out to meet him.  He nodded to his guards, and they followed him down to the beach.

Within minutes all three were aboard, rowed back to the city by a silent crew of two, who spoke not a word during the somewhat rough travel.  They lightly bumped against the nearest raft, and Mikalae disembarked, nodding his thanks to the boatsmen.  He removed the hood from his face, and revealed to all his noble countenance.  He now waited for some delegation or party to meet him on the raft.

OOC: CLOSED RP!
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

Gen. Volkov

*A young fox bounced down the pier, he spies Mikalae and stops short* Uh.. wait.. are you Mr. Darkknight? I was supposed to meet a Mister Darknight... but you don't look like the picture. *He pulls out a small tablet, on it is engraved a picture of a much younger Mikalae* Well, if you are I bring you greeting and salutations from the General.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

As the boat touches the raft, a short rat scuttles out of a nearby hut. "So... You're Mr. DarkKnight, yesno? You're here to see Ashyra?"
The rat turns to the fox. "And you're here to see Mr. DarkKnight? Pleased to meet you both!"
He grabs each creature's hand and shakes it vigorously. "Please step this way, avoid the puddles, and don't worry about getting wet, it happens here a lot... You see the huge raft over there? The one with lots of houses on? That's where we're going."
The rat runs off, past houses and shops, every so often turning around to check that the others are still behind him. Finally he stops outside a huge wooden house.
"Enter."

Mikalae Gildar

Mikalae scratched his chin in mock puzzlement as he looked at the engraving of himself.  That must have been ages ago... ( :D )  He nodded to the fox.

"Yes, I am Mikalae DarkKnight.  And I send my greetings and salutations in return."

A rat exited a hut and walked up to him.

"Yes, I am Mikalae DarkKnight, here to see Ashyra Nightwing, thank you."

He shook the beast's hand, smiling slightly at his antics.  He followed past many scores of houses, remarking at the durable construction and general ingeniousness of design.  Finally they arrived at a large house.  He bowed respectfully to the rat once again, and straightened his headfur before entering.

As he entered the somewhat dark room, he was immediately warmed from the slightly cold environment by a collect of lamps and other heat-making devices; light was provided in abundance by them as well.  He stood, unsure of himself in the presence of such an experienced and strong warlord as Ashyra.  He bowed low.

"M'lady Nightwing."
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

Ashyra Nightwing

The wildcat smiles. "There's no need to bow."
She pushes a plate across the table in front of her. "Want some cheese?  I would like to request an alliance. You are the leader of a strong clan, Kasier. I am a leader of another strong clan, KOI, and I think that we would both benefit to be allied.. So, what brings you to my floating city?
Ashyra picks up a piece of cheese and nibbles on it, waiting for Mikalae's answer.

Mikalae Gildar

He took a piece of the proferred cheese and remained standing.

"My mistake to correct you, m'lady, but I am merely the representative for Kaiser.  My commander was unavailable to meet you personally.  Though, I am high ranked within the clan."

He finished off the small piece of cheese and nodded to her.

"Yes, an alliance would be most beneficial to both parties."

He looked around for a moment, and then replied.

"This city is beautiful, m'lady; extremely ingenious in design and well built.  A very large improvement over Valaria, I assure you."

"Then you kill them?"

Gen. Volkov

(*rewinds a bit, then roleplays the walk to the house*)*The young fox seems nervous in the presence of such august company, he nods to Mikalae* Yessir, I will sir. *Looks down at the rat, tehn folows, shaking the water from his paws when he steps in a puddle, his lip curls everry time this happens, he bows to Ashyra and watches the negotiations* I'm not permitted to speak on the General's behalf, I'm here to report what happens in this meeting, then bring his message to you once he finds out what has happened in this meeting, so pay no attention to me. *With that he sidles to a corner and settles in to watch them, he still seems quite nervous*  
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Ashyra Nightwing

The wildcat smiles again. "Thank you... Sometimes I think that a city on land would be a better idea.. This wooden thing costs a huge amount to maintain, and if anyone sets fire to it, it'll burn down before we can stop it.. The first floating city we built sank as soon as it got into the water. Too much stone, y'see.. I had a castle on land before. It's still there, but half of it is in ruins, and I think another warlord's taken to using it now.."
She walks over to the fox and offers him a piece of cheese.

Dead Eye

A small boat bumped into the city. A fox grabbed his rapiers and jumped up onto the wooden platform. He wore a black robe, and was barely visable. He threw his hood over his head to hide from rain, then moved silently through the city. He saw Ashyra chatting with two other beasts.

Dead Eye had no need to rule skiffs any longer, and had long since given up on being better then Ashyra. Now he was traveler, a bounty hunter, a mercenary. He jumped up onto a pair of boxes and looked around. On a few of the houses were guards with crossbows. Obviously Ashyra had need of protection in case something went wrong. He jumped back down and with great stealth got behind Ashyra. His tounge hissed as he said "Greetings to my love. It has been long."  
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Mikalae Gildar

"Except that cities on land are constantly attacked by others; others that seek glory, honor...and power."

He stopped talking to ponder that statement, realizing the truth that it told.  He was about to inquire again as to the alliance, when a fox jumped down behind Ashyra; she did not notice.  He instantly drew his sword and held it in front of him, looking behind Ashyra.  With the tip, he pointed at the fox.

"You, get away from her.  Slowly step out in the open and keep those blades back."

Behind Mikalae, his two soldiers had produced from the voluminous folds of their cloaks crossbows, which they loaded and pointed at the fox.

"Any sudden moves and you die.  Now move."

"Then you kill them?"

Ashyra Nightwing

{ooc- Ashyra is paranoid. Very paranoid}
Ashyra spins around, knocking the plate of cheese flying. She grabs a large claymore from the wall and points it at the fox.
"What do you think you're doing? Oh, I know! You were trying to kill me, weren't you? Weren't you?? Now, do what Mikalae says!"

Dead Eye

Dead Eye snorted. He walked up to Mikalae. "Why aren't we a brave one. You no doubt have courage. But there is no need for swords here." he turned to Ashyra "I thought that you would be a good host and show a poor lost traveler food and comfort. If I had wanted to kill you I would have just stabbed you in the back and be done with it. Now my lads. Touch any weapons and I will be forced to kill you. As of now your at my mercy, trust me"
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

Mikalae Gildar

"If there are not any swords needed, fox, then sheath your own first.  You are the one who drew first, and you are the one who incited us to draw.  Sheath your swords."

His soldiers continued pointing their crossbows at the fox, ready for any sudden moves.  Whether the fox lived or died depended on his speed at removing his swords from their threatening position.

"Then you kill them?"

Gen. Volkov

*The young fox is cowering in the corner, even though he didn't really want the cheese, to be given it by such a famous person, what an honor, now that very person is in danger, and he can do nothing.. oh what will the General say?* My my, what's all this? *A large fox steps into the room, surveying the occupants, he is well muscled, but not over-muscled, he has the bearing of a lifetime soldier, he also wears a grey fur hat with a strange red symbol on it.* Gen..General? *The young fox looks up amazed* What are you doing here? *The general looks down* Its not that I don't trust you.. but the minute you left I had a vague suspicion, and now that I'm here it seems to be born out. *With that his gaze levels on the rapier wielding fox* And what are you doing here good sir? Surely that long knife can't just be for cutting your meat?

Ashyra Nightwing

Ashyra stopped and stared at the newcomer. "Dead Eye..? Is that you? You look so... different.. Put down your sword, it's implying that you want to attack me.."
She picked up one half of the broken cheese plate and gave it to the fox. "Eat. It's tasty. This cheese is rare, it's only made here..."
She smiled. "Mikalae, this is Dead Eye. I think I've forgiven him for what he did to my skiffs about a month ago.."
The wildcat turned to Dead Eye. "Yes, I knew it was you who started the fire."