A Visit to a Floating City

Started by Mikalae Gildar, November 03, 2003, 10:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikalae Gildar

OOC: From now on, there are to be NO people posting other than myself and Ashyra, unless we specifically request someone to post.  This is a CLOSED RP.  Thank you.

"To follow Kilk would be madness, m'lady.  I follow no one, as of yet."

He sat down in the chair again, ceasing his pacing.  He gazed at the other wildcat, so enthralled he was with her water-bound city.  He nodded, and then removed a piece of parchment from a pouch at his side and laid it on the table.  He took a piece of charcoal from the same pouch and began sketching a map of his domain, in comparison to hers, as well as nearby enemies, friends, and neutral parties.  He finished and drew a little city in the water, by the coast.  He grinned.

"And there we are.  Now, my forces are mostly congregated around this point."  He accented his speech with a jab at the paper with his free paw.  "If I move my forces back, closer to the coast, and concentrate my fortifications around this area here-" again he pointed, "-We would be able to defend our lands with much more success.  Now, the only problem is the matter of troop loyalties.  Do you think your soldiers would take orders from me, if the situation were to arise?  My soldiers would listen to you...if I instructed them to, of course."
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"