"A dull pounding..." comments

Started by Peace Alliance, October 05, 2003, 09:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Furthermore, are there supporters of this great force? Rumers will begin that The great Kilkenne has some of the most vicious warlords working with him.

calria

*has chills going up her spine*

Something tells me the new expansion is going to be an interesting first game... too bad I'm so bored of regular or I'd join it *again*

The Lady Shael

Whoo, Kilk is back! *cheer* Sorry, I don't have much time to write much, I was going to write something in-character...hold that thought. *races off to school*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Menatus

*reads* I want to add something, but I'm too weak right now and no one cares about a poor little one-day-old horde.

Slowly but surely, the return of Menatus's hordes are gaining in rank...
:)

The Beatles

In the ranks of the Warhammer, there was silence. Rumors had been circulating all day, but their leader had called to none of them, stirring not from his tent. This behavior was unusual for the warlord, who was generally a fearsome and brutal, but respected, leader.
Finally, the tentflap opened. Nearby hordebeats held their breaths in anticipation. After a few moments, the mighty Beatles strolled out. He quickly beckoned to one of his officers. "You, Feyla, come here" Feyla sprang up and went to Beatles. "Yes, sir?" Beatles replied "I want to know of the rumors that Longeyes started. His patrol was not due for two more days. What news does he have, and why does he not bring them?"
Feyla replied nervously. "Sir, Longeyes is exhausted, and has marched his patrol at a running pace for two days. He brings news that bring fear into the hearts of the weak, and thrills into those of the strong. The Black Cross has been seen over a castle up North"
Even Feyla was not prepared for what happened next. Beatles, the mighty leader of Warhammer, gasped audibly. "What? That means but one thing. Kilk is back!" At the sound of the name, Feyla winced, but Beatles seemed quite elated. "That is indeed surprising news... I always thought he did not die, but I did not know he could regain his horde. Well, well, this is of great importance." Now, more loudly, Beatles proclaimed to the nearby officers. "Ready the troops! We march at daybreak tomorrow!"
His senior officer, Ratler, cleared his throat, and asked: "Sir, where?"
"North!"

windhound

A tired stoat stood before windhound and related to him the news.  "There are many hordes marching north, Sire, and there has been a rumor that Kilk returns.."
Sighing, windhound bade the soldier to be seated.  "I've told you many times Rushas, do not call me Sire, windhound is the only name that I wish to be known as.  As for Kilk's return, it is of no real surprise to me.  I did not think that he could had gone...  Weather he is deemed a threat to our horde or not remains to be seen..  gather a small group together and send them to see if he wants peace with Blue Tang.  Go quickly, and tell Sarras to keep the gaurds on their highest defence at all times, it is of the upmost importance..."
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Beatles

And so shall the Yellow Thingy fly with the Black Sphere and the Blue Cross again... and the red and black man (Duke Man) with the little round hat on top, tilted sideways, too. *nod*

Quamicauzilot

*The warlord had given his personal bodyguards specific orders that he was, under no circumstances, to be disturbed.  None were let close enough to his tent to see clearly what he was doing, thanks to his meticulous orders regarding campfire proximity to his tent.  Eventually, however, he poked his head out of his tent, roused into such drastic action by the sounds of a scuffle from outside.

His expressionless gaze turned to gaze at the pair of guards restraining one of his rats that served as a scout, and he nodded to them to let it up.  Not bothering to get up, the rat turned towards him.* "Sir, we've recieved reports of the Black Cross flying in the Northlands!"

*The expressionless stare continued for a few more moments before he finally replied.* "Congratulations."

*The rat just gawked.* "But, sir!  What do we do?"

"Recent major assaults on any in the clan, or the clan itself?"

"Not so far, sir."

"So, for now, leave it alone."

"But sir!  Warlord after warlord flocks to the Black Cross!"

"And we'll not be among them, nor among those to stop its rise, unless a reason presents itself.  We'll stay where we are.  Nice and roomy here."

*with that, he nodded to the guards, who proceeded to heft the rat up, and shove it away from the tent.  As he turned to go back into his tent, he reminded himself to have the guards broaden the perimeter around his tent.  He never got enough sleep as it was.*

[That's right.  I used quotations AND asterisks.  I think it was so I wouldn't confuse myself.]
If I think of anything I forgot, I'll just edit it in.

To think I almost forgot this.  For those of you that aspire to rule: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

For the CAFI folks.

Quamicauzilot, leader of The Sockferrets, #10.

Menatus

"Kilk's back, eh?" Menatus smiled wryly to herself. "I don't doubt it. He has a way of coming back when we're none the wiser."

The marked Fox sat up and walked over to the flap of the tent. Once again recovering from a great fall, the ranks of Hope were steadily increasing in the ranks. For the third time of late, Menatus was struggling to get her hordes back to the top.

Recently, the Warfox and her horde had joined up with her formerly founded clan of before, which was still thriving despite her absence.

Menatus walked out of the tent and promtly collided with a messenger from her league carrying a scroll.

"Watch it!" the orange and black fox growled angrily.

"Lady Menatus, I've just recieved news from the north. The emperor Aubres, he...well, he has fallen."

Snatching the scroll from the messenger, Menatus quickly scanned the notification. She furrowed her brow for a second, quickly regaining her composure.

"Everybeast up!" the oddly marked Fox shouted. There was a glint in her eye as she pulled the double-edged spear from behind her back. "We're marching to go see an old friend..."

spy

Your siggy says you're the true emperor of the Northlands... yet you've never actually held the top spot for more than ten minutes at a stretch... and that when the Northlands did not exist yet.
I am Spy.
Out of service, but still the same.

calria

Spy- Shaddup.

~~~~~~~~~~

From her sunny seat in the window of the captain's cabin on her sailing vessel, The Taimakara, which sailed slowly through the coves of Mossflower, Lady Calria Ulloa unrolled a scroll.

She looked sharply at the scraggly young cabinrat who'd brought it to her.
"Where did you say this came from?"

"F...f...ff...from the warlords you know on the land, Captain M'arm..."

"Ahhhh..." she said thoughtfully, reading its scrawled words quickly. "The great warlords of old have returned to claim their former glory... how wonderful."

"What does that mean, m'arm?" asked the young rat boy.

"Well, I'm not entirely sure, as yet... but tell the navigator not to stray too far from the old hordelands, will you?"

"We're going back to the land? To wage war and fight big battles?"

"Not just yet, boy" said the stately stoat, "but perhaps.... yes... perhaps... I have never fought with the greats, but there is always the hope of new fortunes to be made when great emperors fight. Keep your eyes open, boy. We're in for a treat."

Mikalae Gildar

It had been a cold day in Southsward, which was unusual for that time of year.  Mikalae, ruler of his Dark Knights, was perplexed and astonished by the numerous reports of a new-- or rather, old-- warlord in the Northlands.  Mikalae paid most of the reports little heed; who knew what the feverish minds of warlords could dream up in their darkest hours?  He was safe, his friend was Emperor, and he was safely situated in a nearly impregnable area of Southsward.  His time would come, to be Emperor.  Someday.  On these thoughts he retired for the night.

He awoke early the next morning, hearing the usual hustle and bustle of his army preparing for possible strikes.  It was in his morning meal that his first premonitions began to grind at his brain.  He saw, out his castle window, what faintly looked like...smoke, on the northern horizon.  It made him anxious, for he knew his Emperor was not the most popular of Emperors.  His fears were confirmed when a stoat, sweaty and terrified, burst into his room without knocking.  Mikalae stood, more frightened then angry; frightened at what his report would say.

"Sir, the Emperor has been dethroned!  His horde is destroyed!"

Mikalae slammed his fist against the table.

"What?  How?"

"We don't know, sir.  There were millions!  It was unreal!"

"Did he survive?"

"That we do not know either, sir.  We do have reason to believe he escaped and is rebuilding his forces."

Mikalae slumped down into his chair, holding his head.  The stoat took it as a sign to leave, and he exited with a crisp bow.  Minutes later, a rat entered the room, in the same condition as the first messenger.

"What is it?"

"Sir, the Warlord from the North..."

Mikalae was on his feet again, eyes blazing.

"What about him?"

"He, uh, severely damaged our forces.  Our soldiers suffered a-"

Mikalae was out the door in moments, and he saw tens of thousands of the enemy sweeping across the plain, heading towards his pitifully small forces.

" No. "
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

spy

Okay Calria... I will shut up.
*changes sig*

||
||
||
\/
I am Spy.

Dead Eye

Ha Spy! Your emperor of Southsward. Yet you hide behind a mask, telling no one your name. Kilk claims Nothlands, and doing so he challenges anyone to take it from him! You hide behind a name "Spy" and tell no one who you are. Not only are you not the King of Southward, you a a coward. Even the Mercenary told us who he was, and his job was to kill people in stealth. And by me saying this you wish to fight me, then tell me your name so you can at least have some honor.
Dead Eye Trueflight of the Seas, Servent to the Emperor and Empress of the Northlands<br><br><a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Itha</a><br><br>Spokesperson for The winter clan. <br><br>Part of the ROC since some time in October-Nov

spy

Quote from: Dead EyeKilk claims Nothlands, and doing so he challenges anyone to take it from him!
Fool! Kilk claims the Northlands and challenges anyone to conquer him? He has never held the northlands! How can one claim what one has not?
I am Spy.