"A dull pounding..." comments

Started by Peace Alliance, October 05, 2003, 09:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Beatles

calria

The Lady Calria stared out across the vast expanse of ocean that was her home in her self-made exile from the ever-warring plains and forests of Mossflower, and made her decision.

"Scourge!" she yelled to the boatswain, "Make course to shore. I would see what is left of my lands, if even it remains mine."

"Aye, m'arm. We sail!"

~~~~~~~~~~

That night, as dusk set in on the plains of Southsward, the crew of the Lady's vessel crested the rise above her ancestral stronghold. She took in the sight before her, sighed, and drew her crew around her.

"It is as I thought... the lands are no longer mine."

"What shall we do then?" asked a sailor.

"What I have done many times before, my lad. We shall begin again."

Another voice piped up. "But whose flag shall we uphold, my lady? The empires of old return, and their might is too strong for us to fight... and the peaceful way of your goodly knight-protector has passed on into memory!"

"Ah, yes... Sir Ad's frosted flag has fallen, I believe. At the very least, I no longer find a life of agriculture rewarding. I suppose that we must search out a flag to fight for. It is true that we shall need a clan to rally round as we grow. At the very least, however, we shall pick off these small ones who have defiled the lands of L'Mal Terre."

~~~~~~~~~~

Translation: I'm back in the game, as The Bad Earth (#611) (L'Mal Terre, my traditional horde name, is French for The Bad Earth...) Also, I need a clan... anyone want me? Maybe someone *good* for a change? (I always seem to end up in clans where I'm one of the top 3 members of it, and that gets kind of boring...)

Menatus

ooc: Cal, you can join KOI. It was my clan before I quit oh-so-long ago, and I just rejoined as a weaking. Or, since I'm lost right now, I'll do it in RP form. In bad form, because I suck at RPing.

~*~

The Blackhordes of Menatus marched. (ooc: oh yes they did indeed.) Alert, always in the front, the orange and black marked fox stared ahead, rarely blinking. They were marching towards the Lady Calria's horde, The Bad Earth.

Later that night, when they had reached a point in which they had to stop, Menatus sent her messenger a scroll. The message being an invitation to join the Knights of Invicticus.

"Do not return without an answer." the fox warned.

The weasel messenger nodded. "Yes, m'lady." and with that she was off.

calria

Cal looked quickly from scroll to scroll, one in her left paw and the other in her right... one from her old friend and comrade Menatus, and the other having been quietly sent from the long-dead Kilk himself...

"Tell the messengers," she finally said, after due consideration, "that I would first accept Kilk's banner, if his offer indeed be true. However, let the Blackhorde know that this is no dishonor to her that I do, but merely my own belief in the glory of the black cross."

Mikalae Gildar

It came in the morning.

Wave after wave of multiple hordes spilled over the plain, annihilating all within their grasp.  Mikalae stood on a grassy knoll, tears, dragged out of his body by the smoke of warfare, dripped down his face and only the ground.  He hurriedly wiped off his eyes and tried to get the dust out of his eyes.  His forces were almost competely destroyed, and his skiffs lay burning in the harbor.  He spoke bitterly to the air, laden as it was with the sounds of war.

"Alas, the last of the true defenders of His Majesty are fallen!"

With that, he hurled his sword from his side, and watched its rusty blade, propetically, shatter on a rock.  He removed his helmet and tossed it at the side of his broken sword.  It rolled and splashed in a pool of water, and there, its beautiful plume became saturated and sank into the mud.  Mikalae turned his back and walked slowly towards the forest.  An aid ran up to him.

"Sir, the army is destroyed.  We have no buildings left in our possession.  Our leaders are-"

Mikalae cut him off with a gesture of his mailed paw.

"Burn them."

"What, sir?!"

"Burn every building we still possess.  Throw salt on the fields.  Slaughter the civilians.  Cut down the trees.  I want them to have nothing; is that clear?"

"Yes, sir, but-"

Mikalae again cut him off and sent him away.  He gestured for his general, who kept pace with him as they walked along.

"General, I want a force of two hundred stoats and one hundred rats to travel with me."

"May I ask where we are going, sir?"

"We are going, General, across the sea."

A mixture of incredulity and wonder filled the general's eyes, and he hastily saluted and left to get the select soldiers ready.

In under a half hour, his forces were ready.  Mikalae gave one last look at the countryside that he had called home.  It was now a burning wasteland, and the carcasses of thousands littered its now fallow fields.  A last messenger arrived, and gave him one more ill tiding.

"Sir, the Emperor Audres was executed by the victorious soldiers."

Mikalae hung his head and felt a tear trickle down his cheek.

"It is over, then.  Does his son live?"

"Aye, sir; but he is in troubled waters."

"So I thought."

He then turned again back to the wasteland.

"I will return.  Tell the Son of the Emperor this.  Look for my coming when the shadow of Salamandastron touches the Great Fir of the shores; on that day shall the Rightful Line be Emperor once again."

With that, he left Southsward with his fleet, and sailed across the sea.  On the shore, attached to a large boulder, was the following inscription.

Self-Proclaimed Emperor of the Northlands:

I would greet you, but I feel that it would be inappropriate for your level of treachery.  Thereupon, I speak only these words: I will return, and you will feel the wrath of myself and my vassals.  Fear my coming, and fear the consequences of your treachery.  I bid thee a short reign.

~Mikalae

OOC: *evil grin*  :snicker:  
"A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place, to force them to acknowledge your greatness."

"Then you kill them?"

"...Only if it's necessary."

--Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, "Sacrifice of Angels"

Menatus

windhound

windhound sat in his small, simple castle, pondering his latest move.  Had he been simply parinoid to expect an attack so soon? especially from a nation called Peace Alliance..  but, Peace had threatened to overthrow him..  He shuddered as he thought of the millions of rats callously slain.  windhound had never liked rats, but to simply kill off so many, and without proof..  And what would Kilk's return mean for him.. Round and round thoughts circled in his head, and the last one to surface was that he had never really wanted to be the emporer, that he had fallen into it almost by default after his leader had been slain, and with this the confused fox fell into a light, uneasy sleep.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

calria

ooc: Kilk messaged me on the board PM system and said to message him in-game if I wanted in, which I did, but then he never replied to that. *sobs*

The Beatles

Beatles got out of the carriage his bodyguard were taking him on, and went forward to march side by side with his captains. They greeted him, and he gave some instructions to them. "Ratler, take 600 stoats, and search out Dead Eye's regiment. I am sure he is going faster than this horde can march, so tell them to march Northeast faster and try to surround them. Tell them to kill anyone, but take Dead Eye prisoner if possible." Ratler nodded, and went off towards the main contingent.
"Slash, I want you to take your fastest scouts and scout out any major troops within 2 days marching distance of our horde as we move. Tell them to be as swift as possible." Slash, nodded, then said "Sir, we will have to go 3 days ahead maybe, since the main horde moves also." Beatles replied: "Do what you will, but make sure you are thorough."
He walked quietly along with his captains, and finally said that oh-so-cliche phrase which nobody dared tell him was so funny, "Quick's the word, sharp's the action". Some captains barely stifled their laughter, but Beatles was too preoccupied to notice.
To the right of the marching horde was a large mountain range, and a stream flowed out from it. It was nearing dusk, and the officers debated camping down. Beatles saw that there was still marching to be done that day, but he decided against it. "Yes, you can camp here. It is a good spot. Let the horde have a good rest, for tomorrow I feel there will be a showdown. Post double guards tonight."
The officers nodded, and scattered off to their duties. Beatles returned to his carriage, grimly surveying the Northern landscape. In the distance he could see a mountain with white at the very top. They had finally arrived. This was the beginning of the Northlands.

calria

The Lady Calria sat in her hastily erected tent pavillion, and ran her paw yet again over the strong cloth of the flag her horde now flew... amythest studded to defineit as the Bad Lands' own, and with the black cross of Kilkenne on it.

The stoat's eyes shone, reflecting the fire not far away from her. Were the rumors true, that the true emperor had not only returned, but that he had offered to the Lady Shael the powers of the throne? She would find out tommorrow, when her horde came to the Northlands, and the stronghold of her leader...

Even now, her army grew and her lands increased. Yet, she bided time... bided time and waited for the right moment to claim more lands. She had learned from many seasons wars not to be hasty.

Abby The Rat

~moves~ Should be in the Role Playing forum
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

Kilkenne

(OOC: TY Ad, you've probably killed it. No one looks there anymore.)

calria

Wrapped tightly in her thickest winter cloak, Lady Calria and her horde arrived at the gates. As they had approached in the distance, she had seen Dead Eye go in, and she reconized the banners of the Lady Shael among those within the fortress.
The rumors are true, then. she thought.

With a sweeping curtsey, she requested entrance to the gates, which was quick in coming, since each battalion of her armies carried her new banner.

Once inside, she left her horde in the common areas, with the other soldiers, and went into the great hall, where she had heard Kilk would be.

===========

ooc: Am I the ONLY one on these forums who uses the "View New Posts" link? I NEVER go into the separate areas unless I'm starting a new topic...

The Beatles

A hawk landed in the courtyard now, and slowly hopped over to Kilk. "Juu Kilk rright?"
Kilk stood back in surprise. "Yes, I am Emperor Kilk"
"Ggood. Beattttles send letterrrr." And with that, the hawk dropped a piece of parchment at Kilk's feet, and winged away, back into the sky. It headed slowly south.
An assistant jumped for the letter and handed it to Kilk. Kilk looked at it, and read it. First, his eyes widened, then he gave a small chuckle and glanced over at Dead Eye.

QuoteKilk -

I hope you have not forgotten our agreement. Dead Eye is rightfully my prisoner. Do what you want with Aubres, it was never my intention to kill him - my soldiers had too much fun. But I want Dead Eye.

Beatles

The Beatles