Tchaikovsky

Started by Menatus, December 15, 2003, 02:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Menatus

Everybody knows who Tchaikovsky is, right? Composer of a lot of songs and dances, and Christmas songs, etc. What everyone probably didn't know was that he was gay. Okay, he tried to get married twice, but that didn't work out so he almost committed suicide. Then later on he fell in love with his nephew, who was like 40 years younger than him.

He wrote a lot of letters, but his nephew hardly wrote back (Mommy, uncle Peter is scaring me!). Then he was so ashamed that he committed suicide. So he was a pedophilic, incestuous, homosexual man. Of course, in that time, homosexuality was much, much less accepted.

Just wanted to let you know. Try not to think of that every time you hear "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies".

calria

Certainly makes you reevaluate all those men in tights in the Nutcracker Suite, doesn't it?
*falls over*

Dixie Ros?

No kidding, Sarah. *joins Sarah on the floor*

That sounded dirty...
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

The Lady Shael

o.0

For some reason, I'm not as proud as I once was for performing onstage with the Moscow Ballet for "The Nutcracker" anymore...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ereptor

This place is great!  This topic is almost as funny as the "should girls go topless" one.
This place is halarious.

(Just fixing something I found rather crude. Nothin' major)
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Burninate

~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."

calria

It is kind of interesting/intriguing, though...

Then again, by many accounts, Shakespeare was gay.
And yet, his love scenes have defined the face of our society's conception of love for centuries now...

Juska

Wasn't Julius Caesar Nephew, I forget his name, well was the first Roman Emperor gay? I swear I've heard that from somewhere.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

calria

A LOT of men in the Classical age (Greeks/Romans) were gay. It was socially acceptable then-- even expected among the upper classes.

The Weasel Liberation Mov

Quote from: calriaA LOT of men in the Classical age (Greeks/Romans) were gay. It was socially acceptable then-- even expected among the upper classes.
Hehe...

What else went on at those orgies....

Sick, I am....  :P
Highest rank on Regular: 1st
Highest rank on Turbo: 9th

Menatus

Orgies........I'm spagging orgies.....

Tchaikovsky wasn't from Roman/Greek times. Of course THEY were gay, they did the Olympics nekkid!

The Lady Shael

*laughs* That reminds me of this video we had to watch in Latin on Roman life...one of the female historians said, and I quote, "I think Caesar was a very sexy man."

The other historians went on to state that Romans of Augustus' court enjoyed having "wild, sexual orgies".
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Menatus

I remember one movie we watched where the narrator was like "the men got angry when the women went away together, as they thought they were fornicating, having orgies, or *gasp* eating red meat!"

(irrelivent :))

~>John<~

I don't know about being expected among the people at all, calria. That is a statement that really can't be factuallu proven, but can be disproven
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

calria

Well, as in, it was normal and the majority did it.
That's what my Latin and World History teachers said, anyway.