It would be worth your while

Started by Burninate, December 15, 2003, 04:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

Quote from: AdenIt's usually good when an admin does NOTHING, because that means the forum is running well.
This is the most senseable thing said on this topic.  I agree with this exactly.  My past positions in forums as either being a admin or just a forum goer is that admins are there when you have questions or need help and to enforce a legitament rule.

Some of these enforcments of this forum by mods and some by Ad have been childish IMO.  Other than that retto and Boze do a fine job.   Favoratism should never be a part of your job no matter what it is.  I like Ad as do most and am sorry to see him go.  But things must change i suppose.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Dixie Ros?

Oooh, okies, Aden.

I agree with Ming, but something  ate my brain and I forgot what I was going to say. :blink:  
user posted image

"I love you, Retto! And I don't even have a plushie fixation! Aren't you relieved?"
 "Sarah! That was so uncalled for! *grumbles in a threating way*"
"*huggles a Retto plushie secretively*"

Peace Alliance

My input (OK i know you don't want it, but what can i say, i have no homework!):

Whats an admin for?
An admin is in charge of the more business part of things. In terms of this forum, they would be in charge of Moding when they se anything modable,  making sure things work, and dealing with complaints.
Whats a Mod for?
Moderators have to make sure things are within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme. They would watch the language and make sure people are taking direct personal jabs at each other. Although as for flame moderation, I have a whole other opinion on that. You people seem to have it in your head that if i say "well that point was dumb" that i have just flamed you and your family and your race and your ancestors and you cat. anywho, not gonna get into that.
Whats a family(ot whatever your agent of socialization was) for?
To teach you all how NOT to be jerks. To teach you how to respect others and how to ne kind. Ig johnny smith decides he wants to be a jerk to a newb, it was because johnny smith hasn't had the proper socialization. If your expectations for an admin or moderator are that they have to re-socialize everyone on the forums... Then i do believe you are a nutball.
Whatsthis post for?
Its to point out that you can't blame all of lifes problems on the admininstration of a RWL forum. Ad broke down not because of the breakdown of the RWL forum, it was because of something in his own life. People need to learn how to accept things. I've said this 1000000000000 times before on tese forums, but i'm going to say it again.
Do not get so dang upset from the comments of someone who you don't even know who lives miles and miles away from you and who you will never actually meet and should care about!
And stop being so negotive, if you would all just reolize you are here to talk about a game, then maybe you wouldn't get so emotional that you end uo closing forums and crying (no offense ad).

baska

mice of might

I agree.

Its important not to get offended by everything you see. If everyone were to do that, the world would be full of everyone walking on their tip toes making sure they don't step on someone elses.
user posted image
Love the (forum) skin your in!

Myrhakel

*Blinks* Peace..that was so true.. And can someone try logging into Homnelands? It always tells me that "The AG server is currently overloaded due to hardware problems." I'm wondering if it's the fault of my computer or not.  
The man
Of virtuous soul commands not, nor obeys:
Power, like a desolating pestilence,
Pollutes whate'er it touches, and obedience,
Bane of all genius, virtue, freedom, truth,
Makes slaves of men, and, of the human frame,
A mechanised automaton.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

user posted image

Burninate

Quote from: RiverpawAhem. You dare destroy my vacation from RWL to do homework? (Okay, not vacation, torture.)
:)

QuoteBoze and Stormy work on the coding. Just because they don't come around every so often banning members doesn't mean they aren't active.
I was talking about the forums. On top of that, I thought Stormclaw resigned as admin. And nowhere did I say being an admin was about banning people.

QuoteI'll tell you what, try AIM-ing one of them. You'll find them to be very responsive. (Okay, that applies to Ad at the very least, but I assume tit goes for the others as well.)
I have. I've IMed Ad about RWL related stuff. He normally says to send him a PM. I've IMed Retto. If you require something done, he does it. Retto is alright.
I've IMed Stormclaw. Unfortunately, he has very little to do with RWL... Ah well, funny fella.

QuoteShael mods a lot. So what? She helps to keep the forums clean. Besides, what exactly do you consider an "admin action"?
Shael is a good mod. She does not make admin decisions. An admin action? IMO, an action made as admin that is generally for the good of the majority of the community, that can solve problems and put worked up minds at rest, while still maintaining a fun place to be in. However, equal and fair treatment must take place in any action made.

QuoteAnyhow, don't say anything about Ad and Retto. Try getting to know them in-game first. As for emotions, that's a good thing.[/

Don't say anything about them? I assume you just mean in a negative way. I have not said anything about Retto. I have said that Ad is incompetent because he gets carried away with his emotions, that he ignores things that he doesn't want to deal with. I don't see how it is wrong to point out things that need fixing. Emotions don't help an admin, they are not a good thing when you are biased to one side because of the way you feel. I know Ad, he was the first person I ever IMed. We used to talk for long periods of time and often, but not so much anymore. In regards to in-game, Ad follows the same pattern in playing. I don't understand why watching will help me out any. :blink:  

[EDIT] Forgot to sign my name ^_^

-Holby
~Veranor, The Beatles, Nevadacow, Devari~
Dear Forums,
This happened once before,
When I came to your door,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
They said you were not home,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

?Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world..."

Menatus

I also think it's good for Ad to take a break. I didn't know the forums were locked, (I didn't even know you could do that) but that wasn't right.

I'm not one of the "olbies" (hate that term, hate it) because I joined the forum at the very end, so no one really noticed me. Then I became the "spammer" I suppose I am now.

But seriously, you (generally) keep whining about how you want new admins, and haven't specified anyone.

Things that need to change:

- The word filters. Come on. Some of the "filters" are flames. Like "I am a fool", that's Ad "flaming" you. "." Hehe.

- Emotions. If you personally are offended...it...just no.

- Playing sides. There can't be any of that.

But you also can't pick the admins to be people you like. They may be your friend, but also not fit for admining.

Overall, my forum is a billion times more fun because there has been absolutely NO controvery, there's no word filters and I've never seen one extreme swear, there has never been a flame, and yet, magically, we still have fun.

Burninate

Hey, molto cool. Who I would like as admin is not the same as who would want admin.
Beatles, Xenocide, and Wolf Bite would all be top-class. Unfortunately, not sure how much they like the idea, hehe.

*Thonks* Can I forget /again?/ Arg.
-Holby
Dear Forums,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

Burninate

Quote from: BurninateHey, molto cool. Who I would like as admin is not the same as who would want admin.
Beatles, Xenocide, and Wolf Bite would all be top-class. Unfortunately, not sure how much they like the idea, hehe.

*Thonks* Can I forget /again?/ Arg.
-Holby
Have to agree there, except with the addition of you on that list.

-Vera
Dear Forums,
No reply.
I tried to telephone,
That's a lie,
No reply, No reply.

mice of might

Quote- Playing sides. There can't be any of that.
May I ask why not?
user posted image

Orcrist

Because an admin/moderator should be impartial with his/her decisions, to be fair. Also, I would say that good candidates for an admin/moderator are Beatles, Xenocide, and Wolf Bite.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

calria

I think there need to be more mods... ones with cool tempers.
We've got almost half a dozen admins, and NO mods (Teufel resigned, right?)
That's a recipie for disaster.

Also, I need some anger management classes. That would help the forums as a whole.
And some Midol. A whole jumbo box of it.

Ever notice that these upsets occur once a month?  :ph34r:  

mice of might

Quote from: OrcristBecause an admin/moderator should be impartial with his/her decisions, to be fair.
Oh sorry, I thought she was talking about forum members. The members should certainly be allowed to play sides.
user posted image

Menatus

Well, obviously. What's a person without an opinion?

Also, the banning of certain topics on Serious discussion forum as got to go.