Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Aqualis on February 20, 2007, 05:42:11 PM
I'm not too worried, yet. I don't think my truck will go much past 100mph.

And, the motorcycle ... the motorcycle ... never again past 85 on that thing.

why not?? something bad happern?? :-P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Arguia Zsah

I went up to 30mph. xD And that was fast enough for me... it felt so fast... o.0 But then I've never driven at that speed before so... xD

Aqualis

Quote from: Alazar is Back on February 21, 2007, 03:19:23 AM

Not exactly. The redline for this bike is 9500 RPM and there are six gears. And there is no rev limiter.

One day I went out to one of those nice little, straight one-lane back roads that are so prevalent around here (this one chosen because there where no trees, no ditches and very few intersections (two in three miles)) to find out how fast my bike went. I duck down so my helmet is resting on the gauge pod and gun it. I spend most of my time looking back and forth between the speedometer and the road. I look down at the speedometer and it's resting squarely on 90mph and the bike isn't accelerating anymore, so I decide to let off the gas. But, before I can the engine dies and I finally look at the tach to see it coming back down to redline. Apparently, I was at about 11k rpm.

And that is why the bike doesn't go past 85mph. Because that's were it redlines in 6th.

[EDIT: I should add that the engine did not shut off due to internal damage. It shut off because the fuel petcock became clogged with rust from inside the gas tank. Getting home was interesting. It was basically get the bike started, accelerate as fast as you can for as long as possible before it shuts off again, then coast for as far as possible.]
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gorak

thats where pouring money into a vehical to go faster somes into play
and yeah, those bikes aren't designed for speed, they're essentially a dirtbike modified for street use
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Aqualis on February 21, 2007, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: Alazar is Back on February 21, 2007, 03:19:23 AM

Not exactly. The redline for this bike is 9500 RPM and there are six gears. And there is no rev limiter.

One day I went out to one of those nice little, straight one-lane back roads that are so prevalent around here (this one chosen because there where no trees, no ditches and very few intersections (two in three miles)) to find out how fast my bike went. I duck down so my helmet is resting on the gauge pod and gun it. I spend most of my time looking back and forth between the speedometer and the road. I look down at the speedometer and it's resting squarely on 90mph and the bike isn't accelerating anymore, so I decide to let off the gas. But, before I can the engine dies and I finally look at the tach to see it coming back down to redline. Apparently, I was at about 11k rpm.

And that is why the bike doesn't go past 85mph. Because that's were it redlines in 6th.

[EDIT: I should add that the engine did not shut off due to internal damage. It shut off because the fuel petcock became clogged with rust from inside the gas tank. Getting home was interesting. It was basically get the bike started, accelerate as fast as you can for as long as possible before it shuts off again, then coast for as far as possible.]

Lol, i remember a time like two years ago when me and my friend were four-wheeling and we had to do that exact thing! The wheeler ran out of oil and we didnt know it, bad situation!!!

Aqualis

Hehe.

In case I haven't mentioned it before, my bike is a ... wait, it's in my sig. Nevermind.

~the mighta awualis

Alazar is Back

Aqualis

All hail the duck-beaver!

~the mighta awualis

Arguia Zsah

Gorak

Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Aqualis on February 23, 2007, 08:43:50 AM
All hail the duck-beaver!

*takes crack pipe from Aqualis....* wat is a duck beaver?????

Aqualis

duck-beaver == platypus

~the mighta awualis

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Aqualis on February 23, 2007, 10:33:42 PM
duck-beaver == platypus

lol, ok i thought maybe id have to come take your crack pipe! jk man! :-P

Aqualis

Nope, I don't get to play with those. The men in white coats try to keep a pretty strict watch over that kind of thing.

~the mighta awualis

Alazar is Back

hahaha yeah i suppsoe, just keep it clean keep it clean! :-P