Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

The root contains safrole. This is a minor carcinogen, discovered in the 1970's by the FDA.  The chemical is found in other spices, but in a (much) lower quantity, especially when compared to sassafrass tea. 

SOURCE: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-674-sassafras.aspx?activeingredientid=674&activeingredientname=sassafras

Many plants are slightly poisonous (black walnut trees are a good example) to better facilitate the survival of the plant

Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Krowdon

How many root beers would you have had to drink to die.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Durza

Probably a fair amount, chemistry is not my strong area and i don't know where I could get explicit values
Question Mark (?)

Krowdon

@shadow I think you do chemistry. How much root beer would I have to drink if I wanted to die.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Flitchaye Warrior

More root beer than I would be dumping

Durza

A lot over a long period of time, similar to alcohol in that sense
Question Mark (?)

Briar

Is real sassafrass even used nowadays?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Durza

Quote from: Briar on September 19, 2016, 12:38:02 PM
Is real sassafrass even used now in days though?

Just saying that sounds very grammatically poor.  To answer the question, it is not used in anything commercially distributed.  That being said there are recipes to make your own, according to your search engine of choice
Question Mark (?)

Krowdon

Briar

Who knew "now in days" is actually "nowadays"?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Twilight Shadow

Quote from: Krowdon on September 18, 2016, 10:34:20 PM
@shadow I think you do chemistry. How much root beer would I have to drink if I wanted to die.

I'd think it would be relatively equal to the amount of water. Plus it depends on your time frame if its half hour or hours :P

Briar

Krowdon

Krowdon

If you have options do not make a soda float with Tab.

I love Tab but it just makes a float taste like medicine tbh.

You can't beat a good rootbeer float.

Shadow

I don't do chemistry, I do biophysics!

But, probably a lot?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..