Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

I got so excited I literally cried when I saw that this morning. Redwall is my favorite thing ever, I hope they do it justice.

@ Netflix hire me for Redwall
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

windhound

Wow Krowdon, it's been over five months since your last post

Thought you'd forgotten about us
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

windhound

Same tho. 
Book adaptions are always a toss up, esp children's book movie adaptions. 
With the Over the Garden Wall guy on board we have a better chance tho...  if you haven't watched that miniseries you should, it's great. 
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Krowdon

Quote from: windhound on February 10, 2021, 02:19:28 PM
Wow Krowdon, it's been over five months since your last post

Thought you'd forgotten about us

I've been like,,, sad. Also my January was taken up by playing the entire BioShock series for the first time. If it wasnt evident by the fact I beat them all in a month I LOVED BioShock. Bit sad I wasn't into the series when it came out but glad that I did it now that I'm older because I think I can understand and appreciate the game/themes better than when I was in middle school lol.

Quote from: windhound on February 10, 2021, 02:22:24 PM
Same tho. 
Book adaptions are always a toss up, esp children's book movie adaptions. 
With the Over the Garden Wall guy on board we have a better chance tho...  if you haven't watched that miniseries you should, it's great.

I have seen it!! Although it's been a few years. I may have to give it a rewatch sometime soon. I do remember enjoying that series, I thought it was very well done.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

windhound

Aw, hope you're doin' better

Bioshock is a great series, I need to put it back in my game queue for a replay.  Been a while. 
iirc I didn't pick it up til I saw it for cheap during a steam sale and gave it a try, glad I did

Krowdon

Quote from: windhound on February 10, 2021, 07:48:24 PM
Aw, hope you're doin' better

Bioshock is a great series, I need to put it back in my game queue for a replay.  Been a while. 
iirc I didn't pick it up til I saw it for cheap during a steam sale and gave it a try, glad I did

I am doing better! Starting to turn around and have plans on improving some things.

I got Bioshock for free with PlayStation Network sometime last year or the year before? They have us all 3 games. I never played them because first person makes me really motion sick, but I made a new friend who is REALLY into them, so I adjusted my game settings and played them in like 45-60 minute increments.

Although for BioShock Infinite I played Like 4 hours straight to finish the game because it was just getting so good.

I did miss Rapture though. Art Deco Underwater City is such a good aesthetic, and admittedly I think Big Daddies are really cool.

The plot in the second one didn't do much for me though. The first one laid everything out so nice and the second one was kinda convoluted, and I think they missed the mark with some of the moral choices I had to make.

JesterAverageJoe

That's about inline with what I heard about Bioshock 2; I beat the first one handily, but the second one seemed like alot of effort for not much return, given watching my friend try & error to acquire some extra ADAM :X
Maybe I should just jump into Infinite? It does look a good deal o' fun~
Then again, there's also System Shock 2 which is much older, so maybe not quite as pretty, but I understand it's a pretty similar game by the same developer(s)
Quite.

Krowdon

I wouldn't say Adam is hard to get in BS2. I saved all the Little Sisters but if you let them harvest 2 bodies and then harvest them you can get a lot more. It'll have an effect on your ending though.

I would recommend doing BS2 before Infinite. You don't HAVE to but I think it's still worth a play.

Infinite IS fun and if you do play I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

windhound

Agreed that Bioshock 2 is worth a playthrough, and the entire Bioshock series is currently 75% off on Steam btw   
Looking at the list I'm not sure I ever went back to play those DLC's, esp Infinite's 
's been over five years since I last played that series, crazy...  worth another playthrough for sure.   

Just have to finish Cyberpunk 2077 first, I'm determined to clear all the zones and being a ~responsible adult~ keeps getting in the way of game time. 

...on a side note, Elder Scrolls: Online, Standard Edition is 60% off on steam           
Almost all overworld content is doable solo, and there's almost seven years of content to explore.   Poke me if you sign up, I'll make you training gear :P

Krowdon

How do you feel about Cyberpunk 2077? My sister likes it but I don't know anyone else who does.

I have ESO but unfortunately my gaming mode of choice is the PS4 and not the computer. I have a Mac laptop and that's it right now so no PC ESO for me. I haven't touched that one in ages actually.

My online multiplayer game of choice right now is Fallout 76. It had a rough start at launch but it's SO MUCH BETTER now.

When they added human NPCs it added a great deal of life to the game. Some of the early quests just fell completely flat with the only people you could talk to being robots.

Red Dead Online is also really fun. Love bein an outlaw (technically. I'm actually really well behaved lol)

windhound

Cyberpunk is fun. 
I figured it was going to be overhyped and it was, but most of the severe criticisms come from last gen console players where it apparently isn't running well at all..  to the point where Sony took it off the store, which is crazy. 

I'm playing on PC, albeit a few years old laptop so everything is on low and I've got a desk fan blowing on it in a vain attempt to keep temps in the 80's.  Getting a solid 30-40fps which is playable, given the min specs it's better than I expected (GTX 1050Ti mobile)   

Bunch of minor glitches, a handful of quest-breaking glitches, the NPC AI is overall just dumb, the police system is just bad, but really I'm having fun with it.  Even on low graphics it's a very pretty world.   A good percent of the side quests are unique and fun, there's some fetch / go and kill this guy generic side quests but even those are fine as there's usually a bit of unique lore attached in the mission briefs and info 'shards' scattered around.   The main quest is interesting with decent character building.

CDPR got away with dumb NPCs in Witcher 3 because it didn't really matter.  It's more obvious in a large city setting, and we're six years on with other games doing it much better, so it's just .. yeah.   
The police system is truly half baked, I can break into a cop car and drive off two blocks and they'll forget all about it.  Kill an NPC in the middle of nowhere and police will spawn on top of you, but again drive (or even run) for a few seconds and poof.  It's all good.   

But yeah, huge open world games traditionally have a bunch of launch bugs just because of their scale.  And Cyberpunk 2077 was definitely rushed out the door, despite being pushed back by months.  They have an improvement roadmap with free DLC's so we'll see how it goes. 
Suspect they would have had a much better launch if they hadn't released the severely broken last-gen console editions. 

I played FO76 for a bit pre-NPC launch.  It just seemed kinda..  empty. 
Been meaning to go back after the NPC launch but haven't yet.  Based on ESO's launch I'm not surprised FO76's was a bit rough as well, glad they're improving it. 

ESO runs on mac :)

Durza

YES new Redwall series.  Time to re-watch the old one in celebration.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

JesterAverageJoe

Wait, there's an old one? & Here I am waiting around like a sucker~
Quite.

Krowdon

Quote from: JesterAverageJoe on February 17, 2021, 01:07:48 AM
Wait, there's an old one? & Here I am waiting around like a sucker~

Nelvana made it in the early 2000s!!! I know the whole thing used to be on youtube but it may be harder to get now that the new show is coming out.

Krowdon

Windhound I dont wanna quote that huge message but I'm glad you're liking Cyberpunk!!!

FO76 I think is worth a second try. I like it SO MUCH BETTER now that there's human npcs with lots of quests. If you're a Brotherhood of Steel fan, they just arrived. I dont really care for them but I'll do their questline anyway lol.

I'll think about ESO on Mac. I may try it again on PS4 before I decide to get involved on the computer versions.