Redwall: Warlords

• February 25, 2021, 02:59:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RWL Home Page
Check out our page on the Redwall Wiki! Read up on the history of RWL and the people who worked hard to make it what it is today.

Pages: 1 ... 1349 1350 [1351]

Author Topic: Last Word  (Read 371509 times)

Flitchaye Warrior

• Post Master
  • Eira
    • View Profile
Re: Last Word
« Reply #20250 on: February 19, 2021, 09:15:41 AM »

Heck yeaahhhhh, I'm excited for the new show to come out. It means it'll be time to get my friends into Redwall

Krowdon

• Queen of the Krowbar
  • Permanent Resident
  • Redwall: Spamlord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20251 on: February 19, 2021, 09:59:16 AM »

Heck yeaahhhhh, I'm excited for the new show to come out. It means it'll be time to get my friends into Redwall

I try so hard to get my friends into Redwall and one of them read one book but thatís it :(
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

JesterAverageJoe

• Enthusiast
  • Advocate of Abandonware
    • View Profile
    • Promisance Fan Page
« Reply #20252 on: February 19, 2021, 01:19:19 PM »

I figured a book would be a solid place to start~
Still keeping an eye out at the local Savers & second hand stores for at least one copy here; would make selling my friends on it via our book club that much easier :D
Quite.

Flitchaye Warrior

• Post Master
  • Eira
    • View Profile
« Reply #20253 on: February 19, 2021, 01:59:59 PM »

I've tried to get my friends to read the books before, even lending it to them but they never seem to get around to it : (

JesterAverageJoe

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Promisance Fan Page
« Reply #20254 on: February 19, 2021, 05:39:27 PM »

Over quarantine, I'm happy to say I'd been able to finish 3 books I'd been meaning to get around to; considering I tend to collect books more than I read them. But recently my friends started up a lil book club where we designate some literature, then discuss & share our thoughts on the subject matter afterwards via videochat. Just finished A Wizard of Earthsea, my most recently acquired vice, & I'm personally excited to proceed with the next part of the series, unless this next one we opt for something with more mature themes, in contrast to the episodic, highly YA oriented read that is these early works of Le Guin.

/rant
so yeah, I feel like if there's anytime to pick up a very digestible, & especially whimsical story, it's definitely now -for those of us who do want to be more well read~
Quite.

Krowdon

• Queen of the Krowbar
  • Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20255 on: February 19, 2021, 08:51:07 PM »

I want to read more and I bought a whole bunch of books and I havenít touched any of them. Iím getting another book in the mail tomorrow I know I wonít touch for a while either. Makes me sad, I used to read all the time.

Flitchaye Warrior

• Post Master
  • Eira
    • View Profile
« Reply #20256 on: February 19, 2021, 09:54:36 PM »

Over quarantine, I'm happy to say I'd been able to finish 3 books I'd been meaning to get around to; considering I tend to collect books more than I read them. But recently my friends started up a lil book club where we designate some literature, then discuss & share our thoughts on the subject matter afterwards via videochat.
-snip-
That sounds pretty cool! Makes me kind of tempted to do something like that with my friends.
Quote from: Krowdon
I want to read more and I bought a whole bunch of books and I havenít touched any of them. Iím getting another book in the mail tomorrow I know I wonít touch for a while either. Makes me sad, I used to read all the time.
I feel that- I've been trying to read a couple of books over this past year and haven't made a ton of progress. Recently though I've been listening to the Mariel audiobook and it's been making me wanna read some more

Durza

• Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20257 on: February 20, 2021, 12:36:43 AM »

Wait, there's an old one? & Here I am waiting around like a sucker~

Nelvana made it in the early 2000s!!! I know the whole thing used to be on youtube but it may be harder to get now that the new show is coming out.

I remember getting home from church and watching the recorded episode on a VCR tape for the week.  ::)
Anyway wcostream.com is where I would recommend, looking at the playlist right now.

Also, i now need to re-read Earthsea again...should make a nice pallet cleanser between Heinlein works
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Krowdon

• Queen of the Krowbar
  • Permanent Resident
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20258 on: February 20, 2021, 07:19:07 AM »

I have a few of the Redwall audio books, thatís a good idea actually. Audiobooks arenít usually my thing but it may be what I need right now. I love that the Redwall ones have a full cast and that they actually sing all the songs.

JesterAverageJoe

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Promisance Fan Page
« Reply #20259 on: February 20, 2021, 09:49:48 PM »

I feel like audiobooks are the sort o' thing where it's oh-so important to have a good narrating voice, say, if someone like the late, great Tony Jay had more audiobooks under his belt; I'd be all over it.

For Earthsea, this'll be my first time going through it & am otherwise happy with the first book, but I think I'm a little more excited to get through Tombs of Atuan as it seems to have some elements that we, as a group, were left wanting for: more strong female characters, & perhaps a deeper exploration of some of the territories that seem such a blur in A Wizard of Earthsea.
Any folks who've read it (or other/similar works) feel free to chime in; but do you find that the series gets better as you read it? or might there be any suggestion to jump straight up to  Tales from Earthsea, et al?
Quite.

windhound

• Fish Are Loyal
  • Administrator
  • Permanent Resident
  • omnomnom
    • MSN Messenger - windhound96@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - windhound96
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - windhound96
    • View Profile
« Reply #20260 on: February 22, 2021, 07:27:20 AM »

I feel like audiobooks are the sort o' thing where it's oh-so important to have a good narrating voice, say, if someone like the late, great Tony Jay had more audiobooks under his belt; I'd be all over it.
It is, and it's super disappointing to find that a person who did a great job on a series you just finished doesn't have any more.   

Jim Dale is another example, excellent job with all the Harry Potter books but basically nothing else. 

Audiobooks are basically how I 'read' these days..  though I listen to podcasts more often
Been meaning to track down the Discworld audiobooks, read them a long while ago and it'd be fun to return
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
Pages: 1 ... 1349 1350 [1351]

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • JesterAverageJoe: Blackberry Brotherhood in the house! *chirp* *chirp*
    August 06, 2020, 08:51:41 PM
  • JesterAverageJoe: You reset now!
    August 31, 2020, 05:07:16 PM
  • JesterAverageJoe: You like it!
    August 31, 2020, 05:07:29 PM
  • Disl: lol
    September 01, 2020, 06:14:33 AM
  • windhound: Reset!
    September 01, 2020, 09:33:51 AM
  • JesterAverageJoe: Much obliged, noble sir :D
    September 01, 2020, 09:40:46 AM
  • JesterAverageJoe: ~10 active players?
    September 28, 2020, 11:30:55 AM
  • JesterAverageJoe: If only we could start next set w/ such popular enthusiasm :D
    September 28, 2020, 11:31:59 AM
  • JesterAverageJoe: Will the most honorable admin do the... um.. honors?
    October 01, 2020, 05:30:01 PM
  • windhound: It is done
    October 02, 2020, 07:18:08 AM
  • JesterAverageJoe: yo dawg, I heard you like shouts, so I posted a shout in your shout box... as prompts can be an accessible means for me to participate in the community :D
    November 30, 2020, 05:22:13 PM
  • windhound: I do like shouts
    December 09, 2020, 08:58:54 AM
  • windhound: Happy New Year!
    December 31, 2020, 10:29:19 PM
  • Ryu: Happy New Year!
    December 31, 2020, 11:40:39 PM
  • JesterAverageJoe: Happy New Year :D
    January 01, 2021, 04:44:23 AM
  • JesterAverageJoe: this is your courtesy reset alarm, Feel free to follow up with your correspondence as convenience permits!
    January 31, 2021, 05:52:15 PM
  • windhound: Knew I was forgetting something
    February 01, 2021, 09:08:40 PM
  • The Obliterator: Hi everyone how are things going?
    February 04, 2021, 10:56:55 PM
  • windhound: Hey Oblit!
    February 05, 2021, 04:07:36 PM
  • The Obliterator: Hey Windy long time no see
    February 05, 2021, 04:55:57 PM