Last Word

Started by Peace Alliance, April 18, 2004, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krowdon

I've read all the Redwall books multiple times!

Taggerung was actually my very first Redwall book I ever read, so I'd say it's a great place to start!

I do kinda agree with Windhound, reading them in Publication order is good but to be quite honest, they're pretty much all standalone books. Very few share the same characters.

For instance, I would read Redwall BEFORE Mattimeo, but that's pretty much it.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

windhound

Fair, it's not like your typical series that follows a single character all the way through; most heros only show up for a book or two and nearly all the villains are single-use. 
There are some reoccurring chars, we see Cregga long past her prime in Tagg.   
And we'll see descendants pop up fairly regularly - https://redwall.fandom.com/wiki/Redwall_Family_Trees
Plus the general lore around Martin, the Abbey, Salamandastron, etc. 

It's been a long while but Slagar is the only villain that comes to mind to appear in two books...  [spoiler]most of them die[/spoiler]
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Krowdon

Cregga is probably my favorite character in the whole series haha
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Dark Claws

Chronological order was how I did it back in the day
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

windhound

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

JesterAverageJoe

yikes, Salamandastron definitely sounds like the sort o' story where it's beneficial to have read the preceding titles. Possibly to have more an investment in the denizens of the Abbey & such~
In the interim, I'll definitely try to keep an eye out for the first entries in the series at my local second hand store, but I'm currently happy with Taggerung for my first :D
Quite.

Krowdon

That Reddit thing is actually pretty darn funny.

Also @Jester let me know what you think of Taggerung! It's honestly one of my favorites but it also is one that gets a lot of criticism.

Krowdon

Yesterday, April 1st, was my 12th anniversary of signing up for the RWL forums.

Thanks for the good time everyone! This is still one of my fave sites on the internet.

windhound

Time flies.. 
Crazy to think RWL is nearing 19 year old

JesterAverageJoe

Speaking of age, Happy birthday to our resident Wizard & incorrigible ne'er-do-well, Sevz. ~Now that you're the age you are, your demise cannot be far; Happy Birthday~
Jk :D
Quite.

Krowdon

Happy Birthday Sevz!!!

windhound

windhound

iirc Kilk made those, date on the imgur post is May 30 2011

JesterAverageJoe

LoL, omg
It's all arbitrary, irony, fun & games until someone is driven to the extremist echo chamber & decides it's a good idea to shoot other human beings~
Quite.

Krowdon

Quote from: windhound on April 22, 2021, 07:23:10 PM

iirc Kilk made those, date on the imgur post is May 30 2011

I remember when he did that! Most people had pony icons for a while. Not as long as you have though!