Extreme Bravery from the young.

Started by ~>John<~, June 15, 2004, 11:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~>John<~

Boy Dies After Rescuing Friend From Pool

CHICAGO RIDGE, Ill. (AP) - A 6-year-old boy who rescued a playmate from a debris-filled swimming pool but couldn't get himself out of the water has died.

Donald Houser-Richerme had been hospitalized in critical condition since June 7, when rescue crews found his limp body in a half-empty pool at an apartment complex.

He died Monday, Police Chief Tim Baldermann said.

Donny had been exploring the area with his younger brother and a 5-year-old friend, Karah Moran, when they found the gate to the pool area unlocked and went in.

Karah either jumped or fell into the empty, shallow end of the pool, then slid on debris into the water gathered at the deep end. Though Donald couldn't swim, he jumped in after her and was able to push her to a ladder, family members said. But he couldn't save himself, and authorities said he was under water as long as 20 minutes.  
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

RazorClaw

Aaaww... That's so sad... ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  It's a cruel, cruel, world!!!

~>John<~

But I make this point to lereac: He is just as human as an unborn child.

However  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::

:(  :(  :(  It's really sad that he died.
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Naltaca

That is so very true John, just like all your other points you have made but hey, look at the bright side, at least he's in a better place now.
COOL STORY BRO

IFman

::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  ::cries::  poor kid
I'm so tired of being lost in a world,
Where no one can find me.
I want to break free of the cage,
That has been enclosing me for too long.
I know that I am alone and no one will save me,
So I am to escape for myself.
I wander down a path,
That will go on for eternity.
I shall never reach the end,
I am trapped no matter where I go.
Though I finally manage to reach the end,
I must fight the monster inside of me to pass.
It is filled with so much anger, hate, and despair,
The only antidote is love, courage, and hope.
The three things I do not have,
And never will.
It is there that I give up,
I have nothing left but myself.
So I lay down forever,
Never going to get up again...as I fade away from all existence.

calria

Very sad... bet the parents of the other kid feel guilty, too.

Sonoras

Wow....that's just...sad...sacrificed himself....it's because of killy Mgee up there.

Nohcnonk

Cool kid.  To bad he had to die from it... :(  

VinnieOlle

not that i dont think this is sad but how could the boy push the friend to the ladder but he couldnt get there?you cant really push someone far in the water... actually you could only push them maybe a couple feet (unless when they say "push" they mean carry) and if he could get that close as to be able to push (or carry) the person to the ladder he would have been able to get there also I think the family lied plus how would they know they didnt see if they did they would have saved them both and wouldnt let his body sit in the pool for 20 min.

calria

Quote from: VinnieOllenot that i dont think this is sad but how could the boy push the friend to the ladder but he couldnt get there?you cant really push someone far in the water... actually you could only push them maybe a couple feet (unless when they say "push" they mean carry) and if he could get that close as to be able to push (or carry) the person to the ladder he would have been able to get there also I think the family lied plus how would they know they didnt see if they did they would have saved them both and wouldnt let his body sit in the pool for 20 min.
There were two kids there who saw the whole thing, you know. After he went under the water, they would have to:
1) Realise that he was in trouble.
2) Go back to one of their houses.
3) Have the adults get there.
4) Have the rescue people get there.
And with all the debris, it's possible that he helped the girl get up onto the ladder out of the water, but then slipped on the debris just like she had into the deep end, only maybe getting hit on the head in the process or something.

Wildwood

Apparently people are getting angry at me for having too long of a sig. when all you have to do is press three buttons to not veiw someone else's sig. if you do not want to see it so I no longer have one *grumble* lazy people *grumble*.  Whew! Run on sentence.

Oh big fish I took out the pictures.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Lol big fish is the word for cr.p
user posted image

~>John<~

Quote from: VinnieOllenot that i dont think this is sad but how could the boy push the friend to the ladder but he couldnt get there?you cant really push someone far in the water... actually you could only push them maybe a couple feet (unless when they say "push" they mean carry) and if he could get that close as to be able to push (or carry) the person to the ladder he would have been able to get there also I think the family lied plus how would they know they didnt see if they did they would have saved them both and wouldnt let his body sit in the pool for 20 min.
As cal said, there were 2 witnesses.

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

VinnieOlle

I still think its imposible. Possibly true, but probably exagerated.

Naltaca

What happened is what happened so why would they change the story of their friend dying?
COOL STORY BRO

VinnieOlle

to get recognized and possibly charge the press for interveiws lol