Extreme Bravery from the young.

Started by ~>John<~, June 15, 2004, 11:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naltaca

Yes of course, what was I thinking. It was the children's ellaborate scheme all along to let their friend die so they could talk to the press. Yes, that must be it.
COOL STORY BRO

Ashyra Nightwing

wow.. poor kid.. That's so sad.. * ::cries::  

~>John<~

vinneolle just.....stop talking.
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Nohcnonk

VinnieOlle

I know it is sad but i just think its half true. That is all. Everyone can have their own opinion and you should respect that.

Nohcnonk

He's dead.  You're alive.  Be happy and no buts. ^_^

Larrusus Deathspear

umm, I'd be kinda sad if i knew the kid, but if they know they cant swim and they know the pool has water in it, why would they go so close to the pool that they could fall in? Five year olds are not totally incompetant of rational thought.

Another scenario, however unlikely, is that the rescuer was the one who pushed her in the pool in the first place.

Jesus Is a LIE
One of my classmates remarked that I "emanate evil"
MY science teahcer thinks i'm a muslim extremist
The mormons came to my house and I told them I worship satan
My neighbour think that I perform evil rituals on my porch when i burn candles
maybe I should run for president......

Regular Era 2
#391 Slasssk Troopers
Regular Era 3
#92   Slazzar Ectalask
#214  Slasssk Troopers
Regular Era 4
#37    Slasssk troopers

Trogdor 22

I once had an experience like this, a small child fell in a pond trying to catch a fish, and she was drowning.  An adult was present and saved her, no lives were lost.  What I don't understand is, where were the children's parents? Were they so clueless as to think that a debris filled pool is totally safe for little children who can't swim? I don't mean to offend anyone, but those parents shouldn't be all that surprised.
Hooray for Santa!
user posted image

Nohcnonk

I agree with you.  The parents should have been watching them.  Bad parents.

Ugnoth

QuoteBut I make this point to lereac: He is just as human as an unborn child.
Wow!  Just how low do pro-life arguments go?  Taking advantage of this kid's death to make an emotional appeal . . . man. ::disagrees::

Besides, that may depend on your definition of human.  If you are defining human as a member of homo sapiens, that has never been the question.  No one's doubting that a fetus is human in that sense.  However, a fetus is not an intelligent being (another possible definition of human), which is the point pro-choice people generally make.

So as to not further derail this topic, could you please reply to this in the abortion topic in the Ultramoderated forum?

Lereac

Please, if you're going to drag my name into a topic in which I haven't even posted, do capitalize it.

And you can keep your inflammatory comments to the appropriate topic.