Insta aid

Started by wolf bite, November 01, 2004, 09:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Somewhat like the skiff races, but you don?t have to enter and it runs once a week.  The winner is picked at random and is given the equivalent of the average of everything that the average player has.

Such as (Money X all players / number of players) and have this for each thing but land.

This way, anyone will randomly have the boost to become a player, but not enough to threaten the top unless the player was already rather high. This will give all players, no matter their rank, to have something to hope for and stay with the game.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Veranor

I don't like it. It's good to help people feel special but it takes skill out of the game. It's like a super lottery...

No likey. Maybe random chaotic good/bad things could happen as you run turns but I don't really like this.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

bjornredtail

Ahhh... Sortof like the indapendant warlord fund of old? But now clans are not quite as powerful, given the likelyhood of a clanwar, which benefits noone in most cases today (unless the emporer decides to get involved). I do agree with Veranor on this perticular implementation.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

RazorClaw

Sort of on-topic, I think the lottery should be more skill-based... So everybody pays 100M to get in, and the person who gains the most overall net gets all the money.  

Juska

Bad idea razorlcaw, the ppl on the top 10 will just own and no one will play it. Besdies how are you goign to judge net gained? You will lose net aswell. Is it when you payed to when it ends?
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

RazorClaw

It goes for say, a week, and net gained does not include net subtracted... Because if you included net subtracted, then the highest-ranking guy in the lottery would attack everyone and get their net down while gaining net...