Hacked, again.

Started by wolf bite, November 11, 2004, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

Quote from: Lereac*coughs*

Why don't you read some of his posts in the eyes of an impartial judge?

Also, as an admin, I sympathize with you.  I think your anger is fully justified -- however, you are doing the wrong thing.

To me, you're coming across as highly immature.  You're calling Beatles a liar when you're lieing about him being a liar.  Also, why can't you just back down and admit, "OK, I did something which was stupid.  I'm sorry."

No.  You have to keep on trying to make Beatles look bad, all the time degrading yourself in the eyes of other people.  Who in this thread in the last few pages has really supported you?

Also, as for the real names... hah!  How many people do you think really use their real names?  I mean, c'mon!  Also, what would Beatles gain out of copying everybody's IP and e-mail?  I mean, so what!  He's got your IP and your e-mail address, that is, if he did even look at them or copy them down.

You CAN NOT go around saying, "Well, he might have done something, so that means he is a bad person".  You're the admin here, but if you take a "Guilty until proven innocent" stance, well, then I, for one, am going to look down on you.

You ignore people's points which you can't answer.  You ignore the flaws in your own logic.  You just keep restating the same bleedin' points without any proof or backing.

Your argument doesn't stand.  You're talking from the floor.
Considering you, yourself have not addressed any real points or used anything to prove your validity, that's a little rich. Come back when you have something to say.
That goes for Beatles, too.
I will not deleted this

bjornredtail

Holby: As a matter of fact, Lereac adressed a number of real points in that post. He pointed out the flaws in the argument that the information compermised was of any value, and that it acctually copied down. He adressed the issue of burden of proof. Although, I do agree that Beatles has, to a certain extent, dodged the issue.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Veranor

Quote from: NohcnonkWell, I don't like Beatles so I support Wolf.
I hope that was sarcasm.

QuoteNo I do not. However he as an illegitimate Admin on the server had access to them. If someone takes top-secret documents, or is in the dressing room of the other sex, we don?t have to know they looked to know it was wrong. Beatles was where he knew he was not allowed and may have seen that information. There is no way for him to prove he did not copy what he wrongfully saw.

There is a difference here, for your analogy to correct it would mean that the door to the other sex's room was locked and someone had the key. It does not mean Beatles viewed the database, but he did have access which is wrong (I agree). Also, please will you stop shifting the burden of proof. Nev makes a good point that he doesn't have to prove that he didn't copy it, it's your job as accuser to prove that claim.

Sure do! When I played, a friend sent to me a copy of my stats that was sent to him from Beatles playing account. I had never been successfully spied, only an admin could have copied it. So he does have a history of copying information and wrongfully using it. Also I was once the only one on line, besides Beatles Admin account, OFF LINE players started attacking me! The only way that could have happened was if Beatles went on their accounts under his admin powers.

Or the online identification was broken! Besides something that happened perhaps a YEAR AGO with no evidence or proof besides your words is hardly something we can count on Wolf.

QuoteIt had been reported to me from several people that they had verifiable knowledge that Beatles did this deed. Can I prove it, no. Do I believe those that told me, yes.

Then stop saying "he did it." Say "I think he may have."

QuoteBut all he did was tell me the reasons he hates me and that he deleted me intentionally, along with it seems 19 other people,

Again, incorrect (nice use of "seems" to allow you to make this statement without taking a fall). The bug allowed a user to increment any variable in their database record. Such as disabled, which controls admin/deleted etc. Thus, Beatles incremented Kills to 20. There were not 20 dead people on that day.

QuoteThe last 2 pages have been spent attempting to disprove parts of points Wolf has made. You've completely forgotten the fact that Beatles exploited a bug, made a mess out of the game, deleted Wolf out of spite, and continued to circumvent his ban. Explain to me how this was right, how his motives were for our good? They weren't, it was wrong, something Beatles won't admit.
You can't defend the wrong staring at you in the face.

Honestly Holby, you never explained how he "screwed up the game" after I posted that all he really did was delete wolf bite (someone who wasn't playing and was sitting on the top from aid), in a game that had been hacked 1 week prior and was sitting in a sort of limbo awaiting a reset (if it would ever come). Yes that was wrong but it's hardly "screwing up the game" OH NO, JOSH'S NET (which was rightfully Beatles) HAS BEEN DESTROYED! What ever shall we do!

Finally, we don't need to make any points. I am not arguing that what he did was morally just, because I know it wasn't, but Wolf Bite states more than the facts and leads a crusade that exaggerates how terrible this was.

EDIT: Grammar is my friend.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

How much?

Hullo... time to clear some points up here. I think the best approach is to take care of the what, when, how, why, and then turn on my attackers.

What Did I Do?
-found a bug in RWL
-messed about with the game variables
-told the admins about it
-bought and sold stuff cheap on the public market
-deleted wolf bite

In What Order Did I Do It?
-found the bug
-IMed Retto about the possibility
-waited a day or two
-made an account, messed with the game variables
-IMed Retto repeatedly
-deleted Wolf Bite for a prank

How Did I Do That?
I pretended to the game that 'turns' and 'disabled' were building types, and built some of them on my free land. So I built thousands of turns, and increased my 'disabled' level (that controls if you are an admin or disabled). With Vera's advice, we also pretended to the game that 'food' was a building type, and demolished lots of it, making land.
(By the way, I also increased my 'kill' count to 20)

Why Did I Do That? (And What?)
-Found bug because: Ego rush
-Made account because: wanted to draw attention to bug so admins would respond
-Deleted Wolf Bite because: feeling impish (contrary to what he says)

Last Words, Or Do You Want A Cigarette?
-I didn't really dislike Wolf Bite, but now I certainly do! Mostly because he is a slimy character.
-Yes, I'm sorry for deleting wolf bite. I disagree with the amount of damage you think that's done. Wolf Bite admitted that that was Josh's cheated networth. If I've hurt Wolf Bite's feelings by deleting his account, well ----------.

Comments:
-Nev, I included the insinuations because if you say "I think ----" it is almost the same as you had said it. For example, if you say "I think but can't prove that you killed the President." is pretty much slander.

To turn on my attackers:
-Holby: you are confusing the organ which people use to think. Use your brain, not other, cheaper products.
-Wolf Bite: I've said enough to you. In olden times, they used to wash out one's mouth with soap for the kind of thing you are doing.
-Volkov: Put yourself into the same situation and see if you can drop it. I certainly won't as long as I am slandered.

RazorClaw

Quote from: How much?

you are confusing the organ which people use to think. Use your brain, not other, cheaper products.
Okay, this wasn't a nice thing to sya, and not to encourage this, but I'm saving this in my word processor. To cherish and use forever and ever.  

Gen. Volkov

Well I see your point Beatles. I am more trying to get Wolf to drop it, cause he's the one doing most of the talking... and I'm getting kinda tired of reading really long posts from him and others that are rehashing the same topic over and over. I think wolf doesn't want to close it, because he wants to talk more, not out of any consideration for you. But that could just be me. I get weird impressions sometimes. Now I understand that you want to defend yourself, but I think you've had adequate chance, and have done so quite well. So why don't you be the better person and drop the subject? Your arguments make sense, and I believe you, and I think most of the people who have posted here believe you, so I think you have aquitted yourself admirably. So lets all just drop it eh?
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Lereac

Just a quick note to Holby: I had something to say, so that's a bit rich you saying "Come back when you have something to say."  Also, just because I didn't address all the points doesn't mean that I didn't address the points.  Maybe you should read what other people posts in the eyes of an impartial judge, too, before blowing your mouth off about how stupid I am and making yourself look like an idiot.

Hm?

Holby

This topic is dead. Don't resurrect it. As much as I'm tempted to blast your ears off, it should not be done here.
My AIM is Holby0, MSN is holby_72@hotmail.com. IM me if you have the and your filters turned up.
I will not deleted this

How much?

He's right, you know. I hadn't wanted to say it, and you blocked me on IM, but I had wanted to say that you were being a bit rich, actually quite rich as far as riches go, with your comment.
And yes, the topic's dead. Good show, all.

The Lady Shael

Good. I hated reading this topic.

*closes*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.