Hacked, again.

Started by wolf bite, November 11, 2004, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

Beatles is helping us out.

Screw things up? Who's actually trying to play competivily at this point? Retto is never one, and Beatles wanted to make sure we all gtot he point this is a big problem.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Veranor

Nohc, listen. BEATLES TOLD RETTO HOW TO FIX IT.  
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

wolf bite

After telling him to "grow up" and that he is ?na?ve? and having attacked Retto?s server with it. Kind of like attaching it to a rock and throwing it through his window.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

RazorClaw

Quote from: Nohcnonk*wonders why Beatles doesn't mind about his own game instead of RWL*

*or maybe tell Retto what he's doing wrong and not screw things up*
He did tell him what was wrong...

Ereptor

Last year a college student brought a bunch of box cutters through a airport security check point and eventually i believe onto the plane.  When they were found they had a letter attached that said something to the fact that he was proving the air port security was a joke.

The fact is, wether security was or not a joke, what he did was illegal.  Do you agree or not?  It really doesn't matter because its the law.  Laws and rules are placed for a reason.  No matter how you justify breaking it, you are still breaking it.

Beatles a much more efficeint way to deal with this situation was to tell retto about the bug, before going into the game and hacking it to prove a point.  I suggest you need to do some "growing up."
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Gen. Volkov

You guys wanna know why he does it? Its very simple. To get attention. If you really don't want him to do stuff like this anymore, how about you try not making three page threads every time he does something like it? *Rolls eyes* I personally like it when he does stuff like it, cause its funny, you people get all up in arms about it, and he has never actually damaged the game. Its friggin hilarious. And Wolf, quit whining. We all no you can retake the emperorship anytime you want. How about you let the rest of the game have a chance at it? What children. (This kind of stuff is half the reason I was gone for half a year)
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

And that post was the reason you should go away again.
I will not deleted this

RazorClaw

Beatles believed, and with his past, it is reasonable, though he should have told first, then if he was dibelieved, proven it, that the admins would not listen and that he had to prove the bugs. *psst, Holbs, don't scare away people. Attract them like flies! Then we can swat the ones we don't want, hehehehe...  :eye:  

wolf bite

Whining? I don?t think I have whined, only pointed something out.

First, since it was well known that we were looking for the bug, I think we would have tried everything brought to our attention without that person proving his point.

I do think this topic is useful because it is showing how one person?s actions can disturb many people.

As far as me complaining, I am not upset about the account being deleted. Frankly, most of that 13 billion I had was a gift of the ill-gotten gain of Josh?s cheating. I was simply holding it to give to the person that found the bug, who would have been Beatles account had he PMed the bug to me. So that is not the big deal.

The problem is that Beatles? action of deleting the only playing Admin in the game was a direct attack against those in this server. He has no right to disturb the property of another.

I used this analogy earlier today: If someone comes to your home and deliberately breaks your TV because of a want to harm you, just because you were planning on throwing out that TV anyway does not change what the intent of the person was.

Beatles took it on his own to not only test the beg, which he could have done on his own server, but to then exploit the bug. Then destroying my property with the bug. His reasons were not to help RWL, but to degrade us.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Lady Shael

In other words: Wolf doesn't care about being emperor. He plays to keep track of things, keep a look out on possible multis and reports them to me if he finds anything suspicious. You just came back, you don't know the whole story, so don't jump to unstable conclusions. You'll have quite a nasty fall.

Things like this have happened before, and last time I was in tears because everything had been so perfect a moment before, and to fix it would not be an easy or rewarding task, if it happened to be the right thing to do. Right now, Shael is not amused, but not sad or crying.

*pauses for a moment and watches the squirrel jumping outside the window and suddenly wishes her contacts were on. Then she remembers she's supposed to be getting ready to take a college trig test*

If you think I'm smart, look at Beatles. He entered college at 14. Or does that really make him better than everyone else? We both started RWL in the same week, and look where we are today. I'm an admin and he's a banned member. But I'm rambling and that's irrelevant to the fact.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Juska

Beatles went to college when he was 14?

Is Beatles British?

Yes, what he did was wrong, but not worthy of all the garbage your saying about him.

Holby, what in.........
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

bjornredtail

QuoteWe both started RWL in the same week, and look where we are today. I'm an admin and he's a banned member.
So... Whose fault is that? Boze, Retto, and Wolf Bite I'll say. Boze banned him for a nonexistant reason. When he returned and brought it to to discussion it annoyed Retto who then wanted to "catch him on a rule and ban him" Then Wolf Bite reported his supsition that Beatles hacked the admin forum as fact, and Retto quite redily belived him without any fruther investgation. Not that that is relvant...

Yes, what he [beatles] did was wrong, but not worthy of all the garbage your saying about him.
I agree wholeheartedly with this statement.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Menatus

I liked the game when nobody knew of any bugs and nobody cheated (well, hacked, anyway...even *I* had two accounts first era XDD) Blah.

* I also miss being the only one with a special name who wasn't an admin  :D
**I also miss when I wasn't complaining about things all the time.

bjornredtail

If I do rember correctly, someone did hack the server in round 1, but revealed his exploit, and reported what he did so it could be undone. *digs through image folder for evidance*

EDIT: Indeed, someone did give themselves like 2 million land... I screnshotted it.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Menatus

Okay, so maybe I was just ignorant. But it was fun!