The OC!

Started by Trident, November 21, 2004, 02:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident

Since the OC deserves a poll...

Scarwake

I've only seen the First Season, I've not had a chance to see the 2nd season.....BUT I will as soon as I find out the times...and day...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

wolf bite

Never seen it.

I do live close to Orange County (go there a few times a year) and even know one of the real OC people that the show was taken after their family.

Also just met the mom of one of the kids, Talan, from the MTV takeoff show  ?Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County?

* so nice to live in southern California *

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

you need an option for "only because the title of the show is my innitials, so i feel obligated"

Aqualis

I've seen most of both seasons.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gen. Volkov

Um yeah.... what exactly is new about this show? Ooo wow another drama about teens... how is this unlike every OTHER drama about teens? Cause they live in Cali??? I refuse to watch this show on the grounds that it would make me sick to my stomach to watch it. You can only take so much sappy teen angst. I saw enough of that on other channels and other shows.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Death Eater

but there's hot girls!
user posted image

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Again, this is different from every other teen drama how? What show DOESN'T have at least one hot giurl nowadays? I'll tell you. The Simpson's. That's about it. And The Simpson's ROCKS.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Trident

The guys are hot, too.

Plus, the issues they deal with are so much like today, so you can either know what to do or what not to do about stuff.  

It's also really funny.

Sonoras

Ehw!! Guys aren't hot!!! Besides, The OC sucks, like Volkov said!!!

*Gives it a  ::disagrees:: *

Death Eater

Guys??? There are guys in the OC *too busy watching the girls*

well, its different because...I DON'T NEED A REASON TO WATCH HOT GIRLS!!!!

lol
user posted image

Wolf Snare

yay.. I'm watching the O.C. right now.. I always am..

*glares at haters*
\
The OC is the best. give it a try.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Veranor

This is going to sound super ignorant but bare with me (I don't watch a lot of TV): what the (hades) is OC?
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org

wolf bite

Not that I have ever seen the show, nor even know when it is on:

OC is short for Orange County. That is just south of L.A. County, California. Although the real OC has a lot of inland property that encompasses all kinds of life styles, it also has a few beachfront cities. Three of those are the well know New Port Beach, Balboa Island, and Laguna Beach cites. They are very expensive to live in, almost exclusive. Most of the people there are overly into style and snobbish. They have large boats, servants, and big beach homes. People spend their money on plastic surgery, yoga classes, and other methods of looking lovelier then humanly possible.

One of the richest families (whose name and company I can?t think of right now) owns a lot of land and is very powerful. The show was modeled after what life would be like to be them.

Or that is what I understand from talking to one of those family members about the show.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Veranor

Quote from: wolf biteNot that I have ever seen the show, nor even know when it is on:

OC is short for Orange County. That is just south of L.A. County, California. Although the real OC has a lot of inland property that encompasses all kinds of life styles, it also has a few beachfront cities. Three of those are the well know New Port Beach, Balboa Island, and Laguna Beach cites. They are very expensive to live in, almost exclusive. Most of the people there are overly into style and snobbish. They have large boats, servants, and big beach homes. People spend their money on plastic surgery, yoga classes, and other methods of looking lovelier then humanly possible.

One of the richest families (whose name and company I can?t think of right now) owns a lot of land and is very powerful. The show was modeled after what life would be like to be them.

Or that is what I understand from talking to one of those family members about the show.

Wolf Bite
Aaah, thanks. I was thinking "yes.. Orange County... what does this have to do with TV?!"

I need to keep up with certain elements of pop culture.
#127.0.0.1 rovl.org