A new RP

Started by Deathclaw, February 16, 2003, 04:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathclaw

This RP is cheese haters against cheese. Rules are set in stone:

1. No invincible armor (God-mode). Armor and shields are allowed, but they must be penetrable.
2. Limit of 500,000 soldiers
3. Weapons must be Redwall type weapons (scimitars, dirks, bows/longbows, slings, tridents, javelins, spears, flaming arrows, etc. No guns/bombs.
4. No genocide, or mass murdering (EX: Trapping half a million troops in a valley and burning them with flaming logs).
5. No making your vermins' weapons more advanced to give them an edge, or anything else to that affect.
6. NO SPAMMING
7. No killing of an army without their consent in a post
8. If a protest is made concerning this thread, it must be sent through a PM. I have the right to overturn events, but it must be within reason to overturn it.

If you have an idea for a rule I have forgotten, then PM me with it.

Please include all the details of your army in your introductory post. No changes can be made. Include whether you are in the coalition against cheese or the armies fighting for it. If you think a change is fit, then please, before making that change, contact me and let me decide if it is nescessary. Include all weapons used in your horde and what type of vermin are in it, etc. Whatever we need to know.

If you start to participate, please play it out unless there is no way you can. If it comes to that, your horde and its actions become void and forgotten.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My army:

The army of Jason the Assassin, also known as Deathclaw the Conqueror, is a mighty band of 500,000 vermin. They carry assorted weapons: spears, javelins, dirks, bows/longbows, slings, swords, pikes, battleaxs, cutlasses, maces, flails, and daggers. The shrew sentry guard is armed with rapiers. They guard the camp during the night and are in the outer flanks of the marching columns for their keen senses. The archer regiment is led by Fletch Longbow, a squirrel with command of 50,000 trained archers, but all vermin can be called in to use their skills with a bow, as they are all trained in the skill of archery. Snipe Coldblood is a second in command of the archer squad, and is a good asset to the army. The crew consists of shrews, rats, ferrets, weasels, stoats, hares, otters, badgers, and even a council of moles for their logic and digging skills. The shrews are not only on guard duty, but serve in the naval branch and propel any skiff available in naval assaults. All soldiers are highly loyal and intelligent. They wear full body armor that is very useful and protective, yet light. They have the mark of The Assassin: a single flaming arrow, emblazened on both sides of their breast plates, and on the back of their helmets in a smaller version than the one on their breast plates. They strive to rid the lands of cheese. Once they do this, they will set a permanent base. They have a mountain stronghold, now being held by an ally of theirs to avoid its capture until they return. Scouts and runners (or gallopers) are also an asset to the army. They are usually not defeated in battle, and if so, by a small margin, and they always come back for revenge. Tactics are a way of life in a battle. Also, shrews alternate on cooking duty and sentry duty. A vixen also makes up a part of the army. A poisoner assists in many stealth operations.

I lead the Coalition to Rid the Lands of Cheese, or CRLC. Join if you wish, or rebel against my cause. Rebel insurgency will not be tolerated in this matter. Death to cheese!
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Kilkenne

*Kilkenne's forces of 450,000 mix with those of Deathclaw as they sweep with him through the mass campsite. 200,000 of them are armed with short stabbing spears, 50,000 with longbows and enough arrows to supply them through several battles, 100,000 carry battle-axes and swords, and the other hundred thousand carry maces, flails, or scimitars. The huge army of only ferrets and the 50,000 stoat archers are all armoured differently in proportion to their weapon.*

-Spear carriers - Light plate armour on all but joints, covering a slightly heavier leather underlayer. Their helmets cover the backs of their neck and come around, but have the face open. Carry light wood shields that are round and black.

-Archers - Simply the leather underlayer with a chain mail coif for the head.

-Battle-axe/Swords - Full plate armour over the same leather underlayer, with a slightly heavier helmet than that of the spear carriers, also carry shields. This armour is taken off during marching. Carry iron shields that are..well...shield shaped (from the end period of the medieval times) and are the darkest of black.

-Others - Armour of choice.

*The warlord makes his way to Deathclaw's tent and throws open the flap, letting himself in. He nods slightly to the guards before he speaks to his ally*

"When are we to march? My forces are prepared, and I've left fifty thousand in reserve a few days behind us in case they're needed..."

windhound

note:  I've never really tried this before, so if I stink at rping, then...  heh, sorry...

hmm...  My army is comprised of 20, yep, 20 soldiers.  Five fully grown adders are part of my army, and they use their streanth, speed, and venom...  They are covered with a fine chain mail.  
The other 15 members of my force are foxes, armed with javelins, throwing sticks for the javelins, and longbows with poisin tipped arrows.  (this is part of redwall, so it doent give my army any special advantage...  yep)  Their armor is nada, they are clothed in light brown bark-cloth, making them seem to dissapear into the woodlands.

My army goes by the name Windhounds, I am windhound, a silver fox and commander of my small force...  I rebel against the CRLC and fight for cheese...  using strike and flight tactics I wear away at much stonger foes...
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Deathclaw

"My scouts should be returning by nightfall tonight or noontide tomorrow. When they report to me on the location of the enemy, you and I will lay out our battle plans and march the following day. I plan to capture them in a ridge and pick them off until my archers are running low on arrows. Then, on either side, 250,000 from each of our armies flood in on them. I will assign 50,000 troops to guard the east and west from escapees, and no prisoners are to be taken. It will be an easy ride.... if they are camping in a ridge, or can be forced down there. Talk to my shrews. They can find you a sturdy tent to accomodate you, and I am sure you have enough housing for your ferrets."

With that, Jason the Assassin, pointed out a shrew to Kilkenne.

"Talk with him. He'll unload a tent I have in reserve. I expected your arrival."

The shrew in question had a rapier in his belt, and his customary shield bearing the symbol marking his loyalty to Deathclaw's army: the lone flaming arrow.

Upon hearing Kilkenne's question, he went to the army's supply stockade and set up a sturdy tent, much like that of Deathclaw's. He put a cot in it, some sheets, a pillow, and a desk. He showed Kilkenne a secret fall out drawer for his weapon and shield.

Deathclaw sat, sharpening his scimitar, eager to launch an assault in the near future. He awaited a report back.

Nightfall...

The scouts returned.
The first hare spoke: "We encountered a cheese encampment. twenty troops. No, I'm not kidding. Adders, full grown, five of the blighters. Fifteen foxes. Camping in a ridge... it is hidden by woodlands on two sides, and shaded by small trees and bushes on one... the other leans inward and they are camped under it, no traces of them in open view. Not too far from here. They could be reached in a short period of time."

"Good. Dismissed."
The hares both left, going to one of the campfires. Deathclaw went to Kilkenne.
"Apparently there is a camp of five adders and fifteen foxes not far from here. My mission will be to send out archers and kill as many of the adders as possible, but remain unseen. I'll either leave you in charge of the camp for a day or my second in command. Do you wish to accompany me, or do you want to stay at camp and keep order in the troops?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:

You make it hard, Windhounds... can you acquire some more troops... I should've set a minimum.

New rule: Besides Windhounds, because he made his army before this rule, your army must consist of at least 50,000 troops. Windhounds has the right to increase his troop numbers, because too few troops makes it hard to attack the enemy.

Another rule recently added applies to all: In attacks, you cannot lose 0 troops. The only way is if you snipe down a couple troops, and even then it is preferred you lose some troops.

Kilkenne

"Thank you, my friend."

*Kilkenne follows the shrew to his tent and sits on the cot, polishing his scimitars for the action to be had tomorrow or maybe the next day. He continues making them shine as Deathclaw arrives and tells his information. The ferret does not look up as he speaks, and merely looks at his reflection in the shinging blade.*

"Only that many, eh? Hm...I'll accompany you, some of my better archers are more than likely having competition with your strike force, as always, so you can grab as many as you like, you're the brains of this operation. If anything goes wrong, which I presume it will not, I'm bringing ten swordsbeasts along, just in case our position is comprimised."

*Looks up at Deathclaw, grinning slightly as he rises, strapping both scimitars to his back in a professional manner.*

"Lead on..."

windhound

muttering distractedly, windhound moved his band throughout the woods, absorbing more creatures under his command.  He was just informed that a major force is moving against cheese and more troops will be a must.  In addition to his original 20, stoats, rats, ferrets, and even a few birds were joining.  In the space of a week Windhounds had expanded to include 80,000 troops, all miss-matched and unruley, but completly dedicated to the cause of cheese.  
Cheezebeak, a sparrow,  was placed incharge of the main force, while windhound maintained complete control of his chosen few, 100 foxes with their wepons of choice and 20 adders.

looking out from a vantage point, he viewed the combined armys of Deathclaw and Kilkenne with apprehenson.  Would his small force beable to make even a dent into the teeming masses below?
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Deathclaw

After consulting his second in command and detailing him on his job, and gathering five archers, one being Fletch Longbow, they started off, with Kilkenne, the archers, and Kilkenne's swordbeasts. The scouts knowing the location of the camp had drawn up a map. Using it, they soon found the camp. Their plan was to circle around until they could see the enemy. Doing this, Deathclaw conversed with Kilkenne.
"Your swordbeasts should stand behind my archers and be ready for battle. We want to hit the enemy swiftly and return to camp."
With this, Deathclaw signalled to Fletch.
Fletch said, "Pick your targets. Two adders in the open and two foxes. Apparently they are cooking. Shoot them and we'll back off. I'll shoot at a tent and try to get somebeast that way."
They selected targets and awaited orders.

Note not to do with post: I just dropped a coke on my foot.

Back to post:

"Ready! Set! Fire!" whispered the master archer.
Four arrows hit targets. The fifth struck a cot. Windhounds' cot. He grabbed his weapon and crept to the other tents, awaking his troops.
"There they go!"
A mad chase went on, but eventually Windhounds called it off. Returning to camp, he stared at the transfixed figured. Two adders lay dead on the ground. The foxes had fell into frying pans, the faces burning. They were disposed of. Posting sentries, Windhounds slumbered, maddened by the attack on his camp. Four dead, and they slayed not a single one! He knew that wasn't the last he would see of that army, either. Not by a long shot.

This was made before you posted that last post... you slipped in...

windhound

note:  hmm... thought I made it clear that Windhounds, capital W and plural, is the name of the horde, and windhound, not capital and singluar, is the commander of the Windhounds....  yep...  further of note is that it really doesnt matter that you didnt notice my previous post, as it makes little difference...

Quite angered by the attack of the anti-cheesers upon his camp, windhound gathered his select few and strode off into the woods.  It wasnt long before he found the mass army of Deathclaw and Kilkenne.  He found the camp slumbering peacefully, and only a few senteries posted, most of whom slumbered on duty.  windhound sniggered to himself, an easy target.  Thanking the fates that the two foxes that were killed were not of his special command, he had his band of 100 fox archers notch arrows to their bows.  One hundred shafts flew into the enemy camp.  windhound withdrew swiftly, not waiting to see how many had been sent to the dark forest by the silent strike.

Arriving back at the main camp, he woke everyone quietly and moved off at double time to a more remote location.

Deathclaw

Note: Actually, I have all my shrews on watch, so that attack shouldn't have suceeded.

Deathclaw awoke with a start... he had just been attacked. He lost fourteen of his 75,000 shrews... oddly enough, an attack suceeded when he had thousands and thousands of shrews on watch. He set off with Kilkenne and 100,000 at his back. Seeing windhounds ahead and moving away fast, he got closer and had 10,000 archers fire into his ranks. Striking down thousands, he had them reload and wait. They withdrew into the bushes and trees, unseen, unheard, unknown. They would wait until they turned around, then the archers would unloose 200 shafts into their terror-stricken faces.

As they turned, Deathclaw yelled: "Now!"

Two hundred arrows were shot, and about half hit. Some were injured in both attacks; some killed.
Deathclaw called a challenge: "Fight me. Stop this arrow fight and fight me paw to paw."
Deathclaw awaited a reply, shield up and crouched, munching on a pear.

windhound

note:  all 75,000 of your shrews gaurded, what, almost a bil combined troops?  yeah, right, my attack succeeded, and 100 arrows would have killed more than 14 shrews, but whatever...

windhound heard Deathclaw's challenge, but he sniggered in reply.  "Go and boil your head, we'll wait for you ahead."

The previously appointed leaders of the Windhounds separated their commands from the main body, and soon hundreds of groups of about 200 troops each spread out in different directions.  windhound gathered what he could of his group of archers, which amounted to 78, and ran ahead, knowing that no creature could outrun foxes.  He and his band raced ahead, then cut out at a tangent, and then made a half circle back.  Soon they were behind the enemy army.  Quietly, all separated off in pairs, with bows at the ready.  many a foe would die before this ended.

The adders were in their element.  Slithering about the opposing army, they struck faster than wepons could strike, and soon thousands were mortally wounded with the deady venom, with many more targets running about.  It was a good day to be an adder.

Deathclaw

Suddenly, arrows transfixed the adders, killing them. From behind, 400,000 troops left at camp attacked the groups, who retreated like wild. Then, a thousand pikes lunged at the archers, killing all but 34. They disarmed those and killed five of them until the remaining 29 escaped. Three thousand of windhound's soldiers died. All but 200,000 of Deathclaw's forces drew back out of weapon reach. The foxes were fast, but the scouts and runners were faster, and so were the squirrels. Shooting arrows dabbed with poison, death fell to 103 foxes and 9 other animals. Every troop returned to camp except Deathclaw and the archer squad, who kept up a constant barrage of arrows at the retreating Windhounds. Killing three more thousand before leaving, Deathclaw began to devise a plan.... a great plan.

windhound

note:  I get tired of posting info that should be obvious.  "Then, a thousand pikes lunged at the archers, killing all but 34."  the archers spread out in groups of 2s, the "pikers" would be hard pressed to kill all but 34, much less capture the 34 remaining.  "foxes were fast, but the scouts and runners were faster"  foxes are the best at speed, you cant deny that, surely weasels and ferrets and such cannot outrun an animal that was made for speed?  squirrels maybe, but few other.  My army dispersed in groups of 200, there is no realistic way that your army could possibly track down enough to kill 3 thousand, then to kill 3 thousand more of my retreating forces?  they were spread out, 3000 could not be killed by arrows at once.   My creativeness has left me to be replaced by discust.  You took the easy way out, you dont always have to win.  goodnight all.

EDIT:  oh, and you said you killed all my adders?  The entire army of King Sargano (spelling) found it rather difficult to kill one female adder, the fact that you killed 18 or so at once is quite surprising.

Deathclaw

Hares and squirrels are faster. I won because I had 400,000 troops splitting up and attacking you. Also, 3000 is plausable, I have 60,000 archers. I have won some battles and you have won one or two. I haven't one them all.

windhound

note:  I semi apollogise for my statement, I have problems with decimal placements, though there is no way that you killed all my adders and all left me with only 29 of my group of 100 archers while losing minimal troops yourself,
~windhound,

EDIT:  also, you said you spell things correctly, please watch your word choices, one doesnt equal won.  yep...

Deathclaw

Fine. I didn't kill all your adders. Your army was so high and mighty in that scenario, though. You had 3 adders, at least I thought you did. The ones I hadn't killed...

Now to my military actions:

In the middle of the night, Deathclaw snuck into the enemy camp with eighty thousand troops and a few extra troops, including the poisoner. Silently, he went into an adder's tent. Gently, the poisoner injected him with a liquid to make him go unconscious. Then, he relieved him of his venom sacs and fangs. He grinned. So far, the plan was working. He did this to each and every adder. The venom sacs would be used later in further plans already devised. Once that was done, Deathclaw told his troops to remove weapons from all of the tents except windhound's. As they did this, Deathclaw knew the enemy would need 80,000 weapons tomorrow. Halfway through, a fox stirred. Quickly stabbing him in the heart, he was dragged away into the woodlands to avoid any knowledge of attack. They would only notice the weapons were missing and the adders' fangless and venomless mouths. Removing the weapons from the enemy's paw, they would silently retreat away. Once all the weapons were taken, they moved away from camp. Deathclaw put the fangs at the door of windhound's tent, and padded off to join his troops in returning to camp. All was well in the life of a conqueror. He knew that it would take a long time to acquire the amount of needed weapons. Only one weapon remained in camp: That of windhound. A good plan, indeed.