A new RP

Started by Deathclaw, February 16, 2003, 04:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

windhound sighed in resignition.  He turns to his devistated army.  
"We fought for the honor of cheese, yet the foe is too strong.  We retreat now, but we shall return..."
Yet, as a final sign, evey soldier was ordered to make a makeshift bow and 5 arrows a piece.  Fires were started, arrows ignited, and more than 300,000 flaming arrows flew into Deathclaw's camp.
With that, the Windhounds turned from the direction of their foes and marched off, tripple time.  Knowing that Deathclaw's force could not possibly raise up and follow them while tending to injuries and mending tents, the Windhounds turned farther south, towards the lands of cheese where even the most dedicated anti-cheese army would never follow.  They hoped to meet with Ashyra Nightwing's force there, and then they would be a force to be reconned with.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Kilkenne

*Kilkenne, having retreated his forces had his leaders take a count of their battallions, all subcommanders reported to commanders, and so on, and on to him. His recent loss estimates were not surprising to him, having lost just more then 35,000 soldiers, though he would have lost more had he not retreated around the side. He had dispatched his messengers back to the North to gather more soldiers as his began digging in the fortification. First done was a simple motte and bailey castle, done in short time, but on a grand scale. All tent supplies were used, and labor from the North was brought in to work. Within 4 days a massive fortification was up, and the motte and bailey was recieving stone from a nearby quarry and they were building a stone foundation around, it, making a classic castle. He sat in a tent near the center, confident that, as he built it on high ground, there would be no unseen archer attacks.*

-The advisor entered- "M'lord we should probably-"

*Kilkenne raised up a paw for silence* "Burn the surrounding forests, we must have a clear field of view."

-The advisor was astonished, and he bowed and silently headed out.-  *Within an hour, the forests were ablaze, and by the next morning, they were nothing but smoldering ruin.*

*Kilkenne laughed as his army was re-bolstered to 450,000, in the same allotments, and he could see them drilling in and out of the fortification. The Emperor laughed the laugh of triumph as he sent a messenger to Deathclaw bearing this message---*

"Deathclaw -

By now you are aware of my stronghold near the cheese borders, you are invited to come and build onto the castle your own section. I have quarters waiting for you inside, and if your troops contribute to defense, we will be safer than safe can be. Patrols are to be sent out, and none in the surrounding land will kill without punishment.

~Kilkenne, Emperor of the North

"

*All he had to do was await the messenger and await his fort's completion...*

((OOC: I'll just be looking for cheating now, and will dictate when or when not to ignore it IE: 200,000 badgers, or modding people...for now I'm back though))

windhound

Woodlanders from all over flee the buring woods, some joining up with the pro-cheese army of the Windhounds.  The burning of the forrest seemed a very cruel and evil thing to do, thus turning many against the anit-cheesers.

Scouts were sent out to determine the strenth of the threat that followed them, and upon reporting back, windhound was saddened to learn that Kilkenne's forces were back in the picture.  Once again slightly less than a million troops would be fighting against the pro-cheesers.  
"windhound, Kilkenne has constructed a fortress, too close for comfort to the cheese lands.  What are we to do?"  a scout said upon returing.
windhound sighed, then replied, "We shall wait for them to make the first move, rearming ourselves as we do.  Post senturies, and have an hourly check done to ensure none are sleeping on the job, we will have no more nighttime raids.  Send out foraging parties, we will need a good amount of food as well.  Soon we may be able to construct a fortification of our own, but it will take time and careful planning,  we must not be caught off gaurd again."
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Kazaar

Martin's forces returned to Mossflower to Redwall Abbey. "We will have to choose a side soon," Martin said to Basil as they prepared a defense.

"Jolly good show wot wot! We will beat down the enemy when we choose wot wot!" Basil said after about 10 hours after Martin's forces returned to the abbey.

Deathclaw

"Kilkenne,

I am on my way to build my fortification alongside yours. My archers can be of service as sentries and my otters can patrol any water ways.

~Jason the Assassin
~Deathclaw the Conqueror
~Leader of the Coalition to Rid the Lands of Cheese
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leading his mass force in, Deathclaw quickly add his army working. In a short amount of time, he had started a fortress made for the purpose of defense, but also with many strategic offensive plans built in to it, complete with underground safe houses. Sentries would be posted in guard towers and behind battlements. The sturdy oak doors could not be destroyed easily, and the gatehouse was protected from enemy capture. It was a mighty fortress, just waiting to defend the enemy.  
Glory, Glory, Man United!

windhound

windhound paced up and down his small tent.  Deathclaw's forces had arrived sooner than he had predicted.  This would mean that they were no longer safe, such a large gathering would not stay inactive for long.    

A meeting of woodlanders and the Windhounds brought the planning of fort Cheesedom.  The fort would provide shelter for all thoes displaced by Kilk's burning of the woods and a camp for the forces of the Windhounds.  It would include high walls to discourage the foe from climbing and all stone interrior buildings so nothing would burn.  The only wood used for the exterior would be for the main door, and this was to be kept moist at all times.  The main door would be short and narrow, allowing only a limmited number to pass at the same time.  

Construction began immediatly, and only a few days had passed when the outer walls had been completed, without major incident.  A stone quarry had been dug only a short distance away from the site to make transporting the stone easier and to also provide close shelter for the few remaining adders, whom the woodlanders distrusted immensely.

Kilkenne

*Smiles as he finishes his letter and places it in the care of a messenger to be sent to Windhound himself.*

Warlord Windhound,

Let us cease this war now...Though you may think that most hordes are undisciplined and "worthless" I'll have you know any two of my fighters could kill one of your pathetic adders...every day they just get stronger, and faster. You don't stand much of a chance attacking, and I think that sheer weight of numbers could starve you out of your fort in a matter of weeks. Your only option is to A) Retreat to the south, or B) Disclaim loyalty to the cause of cheese, and destroy all cheese stores in open sights of my armies, something a cheese leader would never do...

~Kilkenne, Emperor of the North

Deathclaw

How can you construct a stone fortress in days? Also, though your door is moist, enough fire on it could destroy it if nescessary.

windhound

note:  Deathclaw, I could build a stone fortress's walls in few days because my army and the woodlanders would have worked together, and their forces together rival the anti-cheese army.   :P   The woodlanders are in no way a part of my army though, they just helped to construct what would be part their home.  Dampend wood would help prevent the fire from ceaching, and in anycase would make it spread slower, giving my army more time to put it out.

Pondering the message that a messanger from Kilkenne brought, windhound once again paced up and down.  Shrugging, he sat down at a spare piece of stone and wrote a message back.

"Kilkenne.  Your forces do overwhelm mine, but we have our own facilities within our walls, including some gardens that are starting up and a deep well.  So, we could outlast most sieges.  My adders were crippled by an underhanded move by Deathclaw's forces, yet they still posses streanth and speed and they currently reside within a maze of underground passages inside the quarry.  The likelyhood of your soldiers even finding one of my adders, much less slaying one, is quite remote.  We shall remain inside our now almost complete residence,

Thanks for the offer though,
~windhound, commander of the Windhounds"

Upon finnishing it, he rolled it up onto an arrow and gave it to a messanger.  The messanger went out and shot the arrow over the walls of Kilk's castle and set back.

Kilkenne

*As the wall guards watch the messenger pull out the bow, they realise what is happening and quickly pull their off their shoulders. The enemy arrow goes sailing over their heads, but the 12 or so guards that have time fire their longbow fire at the messenger, hoping for a kill.*

*The arrow lands in the leg of a passing soldier, moving from the mess hall to the store room, having been sent there by his superior to get more water for the evening meal. He falls, clutching the arrow, and rips it out. He grits his teeth and makes his way, limping to Kilkenne's tent and rips open the flap, tossing the arrow at his feet before collapsing. Kilk nods to his guards and they take the ferret to get the proper care for his leg as he reads the letter.*

"Fool..." *Kilkenne snarls as he tosses the note in the fire. His blood red eyes burn with the glow with new vigor due to the light of the flame. He calls in his advisor.*

"Be prepared. We march to besiege their fortress soon." *Kilkenne spoke, pleased that they had allowed no forces in so there would be no spies to counterract this action.*

"M'lord?" *The advisor asks, confused.*

"Do as I say, or pay the penalty..." *Kilk laughs silently as the advisor scurries out of the hut.*

*Looking at the messenger who had just walked in after delivering the message to Windhound, he has one last job.* "You! Get Deathclaw in here at once! Then you will recieve your food and drink...double rations for the week."

Duke

Reosin Darkwood sits in his throne.

The Castle that reosin runs is not a castle but a tree fortress. Reosin looks over is forest and says "ahh today is a nice day for alliances" Then reosin turns quickly and says " Bring me anyone you find in our forest maybe there lord will ally with us in any wars, for we fight for no cause but to be paid". He says this while looking at his thousands of trackers/hunters.
I am a great Dwarven Warrior

- The great Blue Dragon

-Thorn Destructor Great dwarven Hero

windhound

The messanger sent to deliver Kilk's message limped in to the fort Cheesedom, half of his right ear had been shorn off and his left leg had been hit with an arrow, but he concidered himself lucky to be alive after the 12 hastily shot shafts flew out of the air at him.  

When windhound saw his messanger in this condition, he knew immediatly that Kilkenne would be none too pleased with his response.  "Well..."  he muttered to himself, "atleast I was polite..."  

Creatures scurried everywhere, making the last of the buildings inside the walls.  News of a possible attack spread like wildfire through the fort.  Tunnels were dug undernieth the buildings, connecting them, making it so that there was no need to venture outside.  Foraging parties scoured the countryside, bringing in tons of food.  
windhound was pleased with the progress that was being made.  Kilks and Deathclaw can siege all they wish, they shalnt break in.  

A messanger from Reosin Darkwood met with one of the forageing parties, and they were brought back to the fort to meet with windhound.  
"Hello,"  windhound said as he greeted the messanger.  The messanger delivered his message, and windhound pondered it a moment before replying.  "Tell Reosin Darkwood that his forces would be of much use to us in the war for cheese.  We can pay in cheese, lots of cheese.  Infact, if he needs paying now, he may talk to our adders, they protect our huge supply of cheese."

Kazaar

OOC: during the siege, it would be no fun if you just break in and destroy it in one post. lol.

"We march in one hour..." Martin says as his army was preparing to march.
*One hour later* "We better get going wot wot!" Basil said  as the forces were ready and started to move, "We will move with haste wot wot!"

"Yes Basil we will move with haste," Martin says as he walks out of the abbey with Basil.

Duke

Reosin hears the message from his messanger and says " Bring themn to are forest and let them come to me, not me go to them anymore." While looking at his messanger.
I am a great Dwarven Warrior

- The great Blue Dragon

-Thorn Destructor Great dwarven Hero

Deathclaw

Walking into Kilkenne's tent, he took his seat.
"You wish to see me, Kilk?"