Administrative Abuse

Started by Holby, December 14, 2004, 05:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

QuoteWhy can't you just live with it? What's stupid is why you guys are making such a big fuss over this. This is an administrative decision...you can't do much about it. Switch to Invision skin if it annoys you so much. Just stop complaining for a while and bear with it

I have been trying to keep my mouth shut of late, but this is too much. This forum is maintained by administrators, whose job it is to serve the members of the forum, and keep it in order, no? Not for the personal tastes of one of them with disregard to the community?
At least so I thought. So why has Shael removed the underlines, as small a matter as it is, with obvious disregard for what we think. She mas made countless posts telling us to get used to it... Is this what an admin should do? But this one really ticked me off- being called stupid and then saying we have no say over what happens? I thought we worked together here for the good of us all. I also thought an administrative decision meant that all of the admin had got together and decided it was beneficial for us. We are to not complain, either. No free speech now?

QuoteMy first decree rang out. I asked that a seperate forum for the Reg server be made...

This should help un-clutter the GD, and make it just a Discussion forum, not Reg/Anything Discussion forum.

Cheers.

QuoteHehe.  Tough decision when it's his in-character girlfriend who made the change in the first place. Not like that'll actually affect anything. But I'm still open to your comments. You still have yet to convince me.

Well well, Kilk's first decree. But, did we all want a forum separate for game discussion? I know I didn't, I think it will get ignored. In fact, we discussed it in length a while ago, would someone dig up the thread for me, please? However, it was not a landslide "We want a separate forum" it was a 50/50 thing.
Our opinion was not asked for in this matter, at least publicly. Purely Kilk's request, and immediately a new forum was made.
If you look at Shael's post, she made a joke about it... It covers the fact that it really is the reason, if it had been anyone else, would the forum have immediately been created without regard for what we all think? It's an obvious answer. And while Shael is supposedly open to our comments, it is only to justify what she has done. If our opinion mattered, would we not be asked before a decision was made?
I wonder if I fight this whether I'll be told to stop being stupid and realise I have to get used to it?

I call upon you all to restore what we have worked hard for, and that's fairness in our community. Have your say.
I will not deleted this

Vengerak

It was his decree as the President, not as Shael's bit-on-the-side.

Maybe you should try to impeach him, or whatever.

The Lady Shael

One point I want to make: Volkov, I think it was, used the term 'stupid' in the post I replied to. I didn't pull it out of just anywhere.

I give up. I hate arguments. I can't understand how you guys could take such a minor detail and blow up on me about it. I wanted the forums to look professional and easier to read. At first I thought your campaign was amusing because you couldn't possibly be serious about it...but I'm starting to dread you actually are.

I give up.

I wish you all luck in any future campaigns you may wish to establish.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Holby

Rain, yes, while Kilk is at fault here by not seeking opinion in this, him being President does not mean he has full power over what happens in our forum. Admin still has that. Hence, Shael is at fault.

Shael: It was originally a joke, but the fact you overlooked our opinion time and again, never consulted us in the first place, and never even informed us as to what happened until the issue arose is what annoys me. You brought the conflict on yourself.  Well, now you give up... *Looks for underlines*
I will not deleted this

Nohcnonk

It did, and still does seem like a bit of a joke.  Half of BBU's members seem to be in it for fun.  There should have been a poll or something, and it's true that Shael shouldn't be going about doing things based on her own opnion.  I like having less underlines.  But if you people really want to get rid of them... I mean, get them back, talk to all of the admin about it, and don't act like it's a joke.

Gen. Volkov

I concur. This is a flagrant disreagard for the will of the forums. And your willingness to do what Kilk wishes is not appropriate for an Admin. That should have discussed and voted upon. And Kilk was elected by us yes, but even the president needs to listen to his constituents. I was serious when I posted about impeachment. This is no joke. Your attitude is extremely inappropriate, and you shouldn't make decisions ithout AT LEAST consulting the other Admins first. You don't run this board all by yourself Shael. And others are here besides you and you your little group of sychophants. If members wish something you should at least listen, and make real arguments for your case, and not just say, I'm doing it because I can and want to and you can't do anyhting about it. Nanananabooboo. Because that's essentially the only argument you've made for doing this so far.

[Edit: Whoops took to long, yes, it was originally just for fun, but your response to it turned it serious. Did I use stupid? Well that's a measure of how irritated I was getting.. and if it was any earlier than some of my recent posts on this matter, it was in a jesting manner. *Looks for underlines* Sorry for being a little harsh... it was meant to go right after Holby's initial post]
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Quote from: NohcnonkI mean, get them back, talk to all of the admin about it, and don't act like it's a joke.
Talk to all of the admin? Seeing as there are three admins, do you think Shael should have spoken to them first? She is the only one who made the decision as far as I know, so the only one responsible.
It was initially a joke, but there were some of us who ahd something to say. But Shael treated it as if we should have no impact.

*Still looking for underlines*

*Also looking for an admin poll or thread about Reg discussion*
I will not deleted this

Nohcnonk

Your points still stand, Hobly, but we can't bring the underlines back... and Shael's not going to do it... so who is?  Other Admin.

Holby

Quote from: NohcnonkYour points still stand, Hobly, but we can't bring the underlines back... and Shael's not going to do it... so who is?  Other Admin.
Yes she is, she said she gives up. That means we get our underlines back. Or unless I misunderstood, and it means IGNORING THE ISSUE.
I will not deleted this

The Lady Shael

If you translated "I give up." to "I'm putting the underlines back"....you were wrong.

I find it silly how all this can be solved just by putting some underlines back.  
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Gen. Volkov

If she starts ignoring the issue then all previous statements I made stand alone. The ONLY reason I apologized is because I thought Shael was listening to us. If not, I retract my apology, and all I said in my post stands as is. But it CAN be solved that easily.

[Edit: This isn't about the underlines anymore Shael, this is about Admin responsibility and member rights. Just because your an admin doesn't mean your all the sudden better than the rest of us Shael. It doesn't mean you don't have to listen to us and weigh our opinions any more either.]
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

alright, all jokes aside, the reason BBU is a joke, is because the underlines are a detail that are so minute that they don't MATTER. Our permission isn't needed on the matter and when i made the BBU, i was intending to create a long term arguement for humerous purposes.

Did shael overstep her power by taking away the underlines without permission? no

Should she have listened to us when we protested? well, some consideration could have been made, but keep in mind she knew it was all in good humer

as for the reg forum, we all voted for kilk. He doesn't have ultimate control, but the Reg board is a decision he is allowed to make i guess. Thus, if you don't like it, then vote for someone who WILL consider your feelings before changing things. i'm not just being petty hear, this is simply how a democracy works.

besides theres nothing stopping us from removing the reg forum later if it turns out to be crappy.

wolf bite

*Stands in front of Shael and blocks the stones*

If Shael wanted to try something, then fine, she tried it, no need to attack her for trying something she thinks may make this a better place.

Wolf Bite
(still don't know what people are talking about)
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

bjornredtail

Perhaps the skin could be split... One with underlines, one without.
0==={=B=J=O=R=N=R=E=D=T=A=I=L==>
AKA, Nevadacow
First person to ever play RWL

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"-Edsger W. Dijkstra

Visit http://frostnflame.org today!

Peace Alliance

nev i hardly think that the issue here is the underlines.