King of the hill

Started by wolf bite, December 30, 2004, 03:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

I know I have talked about this before. It would be great to have an emperor count down on regular. The object is to hold the top spot for 10 days. There should be a count down of time how long the top person has been on top, and when they reach 10 days, change colors for the rest of the round.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Orcrist

I agree, except I think that the time limit should be 20 days. Regular rounds are quite long, and multiple people can hold the #1 spot for 10 days- very few people have ever held it for 20 or more...
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

The Lady Shael

Or we can have more than one color.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Juska

How about ranks? Like if you hold #1 for for 24 hours straight(minues gaps lesser than 15 min people gotta sell down and run)

Like rank names, leading up to emperor I can't think of any good names.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Nohcnonk

Good idea.

There could be a color for 3 days, 6 days, 9 days, 12 days, 15 days, and 20 days.  Or something.  Definately cool, and it shows your accomplishments.

Gen. Volkov

Yeah I like it. Special names and what not. And it doesn't half to be restricted to first either. You could do top five too.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Maybe it should be restricted though. Top 5 isn't as prestigious as first. And, it would get too confusing. You don't want colors flying all over the scores list and confusing people. We've already scared off enough new (and old) players because we kept adding new features.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Nohcnonk

Maybe something else should be used since we already use colors for things and I could make my account name Emperor Nohc, and make it seem like I've been Emperor.

Maybe changing the color of your networth?

Another idea: We could do a Turbo round in which the longer you were at the top, the stronger you were.

Retto

minutes total on top? Minutes consecutively on top? longest on top and current on top?
The 'ittle otter,
Retto

Nohcnonk

All? XD

Most important are minutes on top and the current person on top I think.

wolf bite

I think continuous as the test of time for holding the top. Of course there would have to be some allowance for the person fighting on line attacks and resetting his turns were he could drop for a short time. So if the person has 3 continuous game days pass (30 minutes) were he is not at top, he losses all time. If he can keep it for a specified period of time, he gets bold, or a different color, or a star or something really neat.

Maybe, if possible, each person has a field of total time on top in their info page as bragging rights. Then the game has on the scores page how long the current rank 1 person has been there since there is no need to show a big 0 for everyone else.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Nohcnonk

I like Wolf's second idea, since losing time isn't very appealing.

Scarwake

must agree with wolf's second Idea, which If I might add would have been good to use for the current Turbo round....Because I and I'm sure many others had 160+time in top ten and then they lose all that time they got when they fall out, and have to do it all over again....quite annoying really...
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album