Bad Peace Alliance, Bad

Started by Gen. Volkov, January 10, 2005, 01:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

wow
nice defence Orcrist..  took every scrap of skiffs I had to get in one attack..  quite litterally..  give or take 50,000
unfortunatly I screwed up a bit, so I'll just be happy with my two attacks that got through ^_^

an' also congrats on breaking Peace, probably took a few stoats..  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Indeedeth. Good job Orcrist. Course the day AFTER I complain about this Wolf Snare and Menatus go and scrape up all the beautiful land for me. LOL. And OF COURSE, my turns hav only half regenerated. But meh. It's nice to have leaders again. So thanks guys!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

RazorClaw

And thank you, Volkov. I'm no longer minus in food OR leaders. And I've made it back into the top ten barely after I mader the transfer from Wildcat to Marten, which hurt me muchly.  

Gen. Volkov

LOL, Your very welcome. :P Why were you transferring in the first place I must ask.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Peace Alliance

Quote from: OrcristWell- I broke peace, and his land was finally divided up-- unfortunately I didn't exactly set myself up to hold the land, so I will lose it very soon I'm sure. I could have continued a run on  Peace beyond what I did, but the troop losses began to not be worth the land gain. Anyway, just one thing- if you want to try and take my land, fine- I'm sure someone will break me within the next day, but don't expect me not to retal if you have enough land worth taking. So don't get angry at me for retaling at you if you start the cascade of attacks that takes me from 45k land down to 15k...
in other words you leached off me, gaining 40K land which is less then what i had, then didn't put up a good defense so the land will soon be devided and people will be complaining once again about the sparce land on regular... congrats.

and no, i'm not bitter because i was broken. i was UP there to be broken, a challange that was met, good work.

Gen. Volkov

I never complained about sparse land. There is always enough for me. And as to you being broken, I'm just sad I didn't get to do it. I would have taken 55k land. Mostly to fort up with, but also to keep the land concentration.

Wolf Snare

haha. dang.. I was ready to take him down.. oh well
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

RazorClaw

No, now I see the average is more around 11K-13K land, as opposed to the previous average of 8-9K.  

Gen. Volkov

Exactly the point Razorclaw. The land is spread out.

Orcrist

Peace- the entire point of me to get land is not to hold it- it's to increase my leader #. Realistically, the point of my attacks on you was to take your land, so I was only prepared for an attack, not for the defense that followed. I can see you're mad that the land will be divided because I am breakable, but that's only because that means you have to attack many people to scrape the land back together. I'm sorry that I caused you any inconvenience, but you were the only viable source of land. Maybe you haven't realized, but every time I make a land run, I'm attacked down to a certain amount of land, but as I make a run, each time, that amount of land left is higher. I suspect I'll be knocked down to 25k land, but I think that, by then, it won't be worth the attacks on me, or I'll be maxed. By the way, people will complain less about sparse land in regular if I'm broken, because with the land more spread out, there will be more to go around.
~Orcrist~

"We will win the war...it is a simple case of mathematics." -Samuel Grant

Peace Alliance

no orcist, you are wrong.

with the land spread out, it means that someone can't go on, see someone with a lot of land, take it and use it for their run. instead the go on, look around, see nobody with any large amount of land, so they don't know what to do, so they complain.

land, when spread out, is FAR less productive then when its bunched up. for more reasons the the one cited here. you taking my land and letting everyone leach off you, has provoked spreading. the only reason people weren't complaining before that, was because i was being a land farm. then i told everyone that i would stop because i'm not someone people can leach off of, and i put up defenses.

also, if it were me with that land and no defenses, i would be hit down to 11-13K land... i donno if that'll happen to you, but we'll see.

RazorClaw

Rank           Warlord                    Land   Networth     Clans     Race     Locations
1    ?    Peace Alliance (#21)    23,679    $153,992,499    None    Marten    Southsward
2    ?    Alive and Amplified (#17)    40,315    $110,588,553    Wra?h    Marten    Southsward
3    ?    Death Eater (#88)    19,822    $100,318,357    w00f    Marten    Southsward
4    ?    Windhounds (#6)    18,418    $55,259,842    BA?    Fox    Northlands
5    ?    wolf bite (#5)    12,983    $39,367,145    None    Stoat    Mossflower Country
6    ?    Golden Slumbers (#31)    2,480    $39,131,062    None    Wolf    Southsward
7    ?    Wolf Snare (#129)    14,415    $38,207,789    None    Marten    Southsward
8    ?    Juskabally (#49)    12,143    $37,373,764    w00f    Rat    Northlands
*9    ?    Calvinators (#41)    22,456    $36,569,628    BA?    Marten    Southsward
10    ?    Imperial Army (#23)    8,535    $34,889,573    Wra?h    Marten    Southsward
People compain when one person has the land and they have 8K. They don't when everyone has 15K. ANd it;s easy to simply attack a bunch of people. Who's complaining now? Not me (notice bold).

Peace Alliance

... was there a point there?

RazorClaw

That he had 40K in-game. And that the land is benefitting the game.  

Peace Alliance