The Chieftain

Started by Peace Alliance, January 20, 2005, 05:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

Might has been proven in the past. Many have risen to the top rank, and held it for ten days, proving that they are worthy of an Emperors title. Few have risen to the top and held the game under shadowing control, preventing any who oppose them from rising, and controlling everything in an evil manner, proving that they are worthy of an Overlords title.

But, an there is one who believes in something different. That the games purpose is to be the one in power. That that is always the purposeto have complete power, and that when without power, you are losing. That person is me, and this purpose is why i propose a new title.

He who is in the top rank, and has power over the game is the Chieftain.

NOT he who has held it for 10 days
NOT he who has massed enough food to be in first on 1K land

Being the Chieftain is an honor, but when you are not, you are LOSING. You cannot say that i've been chieftain already, because when you aren't the chieftain, you are LOSING.

At the moment, I am the Chieftain. When someone steals my power (which by the way wouldn't be all that hard to do atm, heh) they will become the Chieftain, untill they too have their power taken from them

Let he who has power, have Dignity!

Gen. Volkov

Er yeah. I like the idea, but methinks it won't go over to well. Just a thought. I could be wrong. BTW. I will be chieftain next run! *Cackles* Ok not really, but I have been stockpiling many things.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

windhound

Peace Alliance (#21)

let us admire a chiefton's stats ;)

edit: or not as the case may be
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

*Blinks* WHAT??? So few leaders! I have nearly that much on half his land! And da weasels... why so few? Meh. Whatever. Enjoy it while you can Peace.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

The problem is that you have no definite terms to describe what a chieftain is. It is like the old definition of what emperor meant. Emperor = ?Holding the top by a large lead for a sufficient period of time.? What?!? That could mean anything.

How does one control the game? Someone could dictate and run the game and never even be in the top ten if they have enough allies and deals going on. I can just think of so many examples that your new title could be argued.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

why must we have a definite term? we all know when we are being ruled, we all know when someone has the power. we all know that when someone sits on top with no land and stacked resources, that they DON'T have power...

[edit]

*buffs up army*
*buff shines guard towers*
*makes extra sure defenses are raised*

i HATE it when you loot and don't notice you have 0 food, totally ruins you!!

RazorClaw

So, almighty Peace gets to make a new title for the leader of the game, and redefine the terms? You're not THAT far ahead...  

Peace Alliance

I believe i'm in a good enough position to propose a new title.

And if you don't want to adhere to the title, thats fine by me. you know well enough i couldn't care less what goes on in lil razorclawns furry head :-D

Maximus Preliator

I like it. Granted, we could just call it "Uber-Emperor." hehe. Ereptor obviously did what your talking about. But I agree with Wolf also. I mean people have been considered very powerful, just by being diplomatic. They aren't the best players. Peace, your probably the worse diplomat I have ever seen! But you could also destroy the diplomats who hold power. So if we leave it at he who has power, than yes, he can be called Chieftain. But think about it, people have used their clans to up some one to top, but that person follows their Leader's command. In the time of your own Slayer, none of you were on top. Yet you could have destroyed the rank one guy. But if your talking of Chieftain in the sense of something like Emperor, it can work. But saying the person in complete power...that could be some one not in rank one. Specify mate.

Peace Alliance

Power doesn't only have to be might. Many wield the ability to achieve power through political means. If a clan boosts someone, then that clan has made a chieftain... they will all get the cridet for making that one guy a chieftain... but once that guys taken down, they will all lose the credit, and become losers.

and lets face it... nobody wants to be a loser right? well, ionno avout rc, heh

RazorClaw

I can spell correctly. I also, when I made that post, had last seen your net before it went up 80M... And I don't want to be a loser. I think I'm in a fairly decent position right now. I doubt I can actually win. Why? Because some people are just better. Holby, you, Wolf, Ereptor, windy (better at resource-massing, at least) Nohc, Death Eater, Devari, and probably many other people I have forgotten, are all better than me. So, I play for fun. Maybe someday I'll get good enough to be Emperor, or "Chieftain" or what have you.  

Nohcnonk

And if you don't play because it's fun, play so that other people can have fun crushing you! :D  

Peace Alliance

haha, well i know well enough that you don't have to be in first place to be having fun. but when your not... then your losing, heh.

you can have fun while your losing, just look at when i used to play hockey. MAN i sucked, i was tiny, AND i was slow... i had nothin goin for me.  

Juska

What does it matter?

Ya Chieftain Peace, *growls at leader grown net*, but what does it matter neway, you people are all so uptight.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

RazorClaw

So we're polar opposites. Liberal Canadian, Conservative American. Tiny, bad hockey player, tall, muscular, good hockey player. Winner and pwner of RWL, fifth place person.