This is unfair

Started by Mark, February 19, 2003, 05:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

Check your facts, my IP is not on any other account, and that has been tested and proved.

Can you say the same thing?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Germania 4

Quote from: wolf biteCheck your facts, my IP is not on any other account, and that has been tested and proved.

Wolf Bite
Check your facts, my IP is not on any other account, and that has been tested and proved.
Check your facts, its not hard to use a proxy.

I can assure you my IP is not on any other account, whether it has been tested and proved, I would have to ask an admin.

Menatus

You should stick to the same lie, fools.

windhound

eh, escuse my ignorance, but what is an IP and a proxy?  
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Menatus

Computer stuff.

Anyway, how can you be brothers but live in different states? And how would your IPs be the same?

A question.

Germania 4

Quote from: windhoundeh, escuse my ignorance, but what is an IP and a proxy?
A more defined answer of what an IP is:

An IP is your address on the internet. The internet is a large network that uses the TCP/IP protocol, which was created largely in Berkley California through the UNIX project. UNIX uses the TCP/IP protocol to communicate between different systems using the UNIX operating system.

UNIX being a university project had a nice license saying you can do whatever you want to it. This allowed microsoft to use it in windows.

TCP/IP is a group of 4 octets (i think they're called) for example: 100.100.100.100
The values of each octet cannot be an integer and can't exceed 255.

When you connect to the internet, your isp assigns you an ip automatically, which is a dynamic ip, because it changes everytime you log in. (to conserve numbers) There are exceptions for people who are on static, meaning their ip doesn't change.

So when joe connects to his isp via his phoneline/cable etc, the DHCP server at your isp gives you an ip, we'll use the example of 66.137.208.90

Joe's IP is 66.137.208.90, it belongs to him until he disconnects. It can be used to identify and to a certain extent trace him.

Here is where proxies come in. Im not sure if they were created for connection sharing or anonymity, or both. By setting up wingate or any other proxy software you can share your internet connection with other computers that are on your own network. That computer then acts as a gateway for your other machines on your internal network to access the internet.

But

With a misconfigured proxy server, which there are a lot of, ANYONE can access the proxy server and use it for the same purpose it was set up for, sharing its internet connection.

Now when you connect through the proxy through your browser, all/most, websites will recognize you as the proxy machine, lets just say mr.proxy IP is 24.49.59.210

So now when you surf to the friendly little sites, their logs will show you, Joe, as 24.49.59.210
but we all know Joe isn't 24.49.59.210, he's 66.137.208.90

but the site doesn't know that...

The above description of an IP, is as accurate as, a bullet hitting something 1000 miles away.
So feel free to correct any mistakes.

Anyway, how can you be brothers but live in different states?
I think you should re-read that question.

And how would your IPs be the same?
If you lived in the same house or used the same ISP.

However if you meant to say

How could you have the same IP if you lived in different states?
You can't unless the IP is a proxy. Or in some rare cases, if the ISP uses the same class C network (i think its class C) for more then one state. (which is highly unlikely)

wolf bite

wow!  On an honest level, that was good. Wow!  I am good at programs, but just learned about IPs a few weeks ago.  I know that the internet was set up for domestic missile defense so that if one computer went down, they would redirect and still launch. So then every site you go to has a recording of who has been there, or at least their IPs. I know about cookiees, but can they trace IPs?

But then it also answers the queston why you could say that you are sure your IP is only used on one account. your the only one that knows how to dub a fake one.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

wolf bite

PS,

I am not brothers with anyone on this game, I never said that, nor has anyone. except you.

There are bros that play this game, I am not one of them. Beatle's bro is warhammer. who knows how many bros there are. But just because my clan of 23 people have 3 bros playing, you say we are cheating and all 23 accounts should be clossed.

I, nor anyone, said that I am in a libary, unless I am breacking in after closing.

So why again am "I" cheating?

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite

Germania 4

I know that the internet was set up for domestic missile defense so that if one computer went down, they would redirect and still launch.
Your probably thinking of ARPANET.

So then every site you go to has a recording of who has been there, or at least their IPs
Apache keeps logs, I assume other webserver software does the same.

I know about cookiees, but can they trace IPs
Cookies can be deleted or stopped entirely by a good firewall or other software.
Yes, they can trace IPs.

But then it also answers the queston why you could say that you are sure your IP is only used on one account. your the only one that knows how to dub a fake one.
Oh yes, i'm the only person alive who knows how to dub a fake one. (more retto sarcasm)

I am not brothers with anyone on this game, I never said that, nor has anyone. except you.
Refer me to the post where I said you were brothers with anyone in this game.

So why again am "I" cheating?
Just to refresh your memory. Go
here,
here,
and here

Blood Wake

its fair i meen how would you be able to get extra land and just kill who you are at war with if that was against the rules
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Germania 4

Quote from: Blood Wakeits fair i meen how would you be able to get extra land and just kill who you are at war with if that was against the rules
That is a good point, however, you missed the fact that we were not at war.