Death of the clans

Started by Ereptor, March 01, 2005, 03:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ereptor

We all know that the reg server has lost many players.  One thing that has not been brought up as much is the lack of clans.  Clans are to dangerous it seems.  If you are in one and you have enemies, well you won't last to long.

So I am proposing something to change that.

Give clans more positives.  Have the clans work on donating resources towards a common goal.  First you give the clan a bank and a banker, err someone who controls the flow of supplies within the clan.  He oversees who gives money and who doesn't and can in turn give out aid to any clan member or allie.

This could be easily abused.  So lets add something else.  Lets say, for analogy sake that once a clan gets 100 bill cash, 50 bill food and 10 bill of each troop that they can buy a fortress.  The fortress gives extra defense and protection from any enemy trying to attack, steal, poison, etc.

I think this could bring back clans.  We are at a stage where we are losing many players by the week.  So this could be a good time to bring some new ideas to the table and help us get this game back on track.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Scarwake

Now, I know this might sound odd seeing as I rarely don't agree with anything this ole chum has to say, but I feel that this is a really good idea and could be quite another exciting part of the game.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Holby

Another idea of Ereptor's he's brought up before and still yet to be considered.
I will not deleted this

Juska

I think clans need a boost, but I'm against clan banks too many exploitations, if we do get banks make em along the line of Vahall and ZA Prom's ideas, those work fine.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

andrew

Deathclaw

Quote from: andrewlimit attacks
That is the only way a kill is possible, though.  
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Peace Alliance

I was thinking of some ways to balence clans. Since the next commanders i think will be a scewed version of a clan war...

andrew

Quote from: DeathclawThat is the only way a kill is possible, though.
dying is a main reason no one wants to be in a clan

Deathclaw

Quote from: andrewdying is a main reason no one wants to be in a clan
But without a kill being possible, war is pointless. You NEED to be able to have kills.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

RazorClaw

But Ereptor's idea will make kills and other assualts harder. I think 10B of each troop type is too much. Maybe 100M.  

Nohcnonk

Depends on how much you have, but he was just making a point, not using exact values.

RazorClaw

Perhaps attacks could be limited, but it's 21 per person in the warring clan? that way, the other clan has to work together to make the kill, and it's harder to bring someone from 30K to zero.  

Arguia Zsah

Amazingly good ideas! Would make RWl reg much more fun! (not that it isn't at the moment, of course)  :D  

Juska

Go to valhall ask for the source code check it out and use it, it's based on clan total net so as your clans grows you can store more things.

Andrew, you have a point killing is too easy, I think that once your reach 750 land you should only be able to be broken for land by standard attacks. But getting rid of killing is like killing the game, it's a war game for pete's sake there must be killing.

I think clans ought to get bonuses, clans with 1 or 2 ppl get nothing, clans with 3-5 ppl get a +10% Off. and Def. bonus 6-9 get  +10% Off. Def. Indy. and Loyalty and clan 10-12 players large get +10% in every category, the larger clan size decreases land grabbing potential so the bonus don't get too good, % is open for discussion and the categories, and number of ppl in the clan or other ideas ppl have(like total net average rank, average net and so on).

I also think shadow clans need to be adressed, no one should be able to leave or be kicked out of a clan for 48 hours, and empires in protection should not be able to join or create clans.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

andrew

juska understands my point, kills are essential, but being in a clan gurantees death.