RWL: The Battle for Emperor

Started by TR Shadow, February 20, 2003, 01:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengerak

TR Shadow

Act 3: Scene 2

Aus: (looks over Mena anxiously in the dark. Mena looks really worse for wear at the moment. She looks a lot paler and her skin has a slight jaundice tone. She is crying out in pain every so often, adding to Aus's anxiety.) Mrs. Menatus? (Touches Mena's face) She's growing cold!

(Raine says nothing and looks off into the distance.)

Bluemoon: (nervously) Is she going to die?

Raine: (turning back to the voles)(quietly) She's passing over into the Shadow. Soon, she'll be vermin like them...

(Viscous howls and screams are heard in the distance)

Calria: (whispers) They're close...

Raine:(urgently) Aus, do you know of the flowers of Icetor?

Aus: Flowers of WHAT?

Raine: (slightly annoyed) Icetor.

Aus: Icetor?! But that's a weed!

Raine: It just may help her. Come on, we must hurry. (Aus and Raine split off in different directions of the forest. We see Aus's face reflected in the torchlight looking very anxious as he searches for the plant that may help save his friend. Raine in the meantime scrapes some white flowers off a rock and places them into a bag. Suddenly, he feels a blade pressed to his throat.)

Ilse: (amused) What's this? A Ranger caught off his guard?

(Mena groans again and rolls over. Suddenly, her face is illuminated in a brilliant white light. She gasps in wonder as Ilse appears in a white robe.)

Ilse: Menatus... (** means Elvish/squirrelish ((whichever you prefer =P))) *I am Ilse, I've come to help you... Hear my voice, return to the Light...*

Calria: (Whispers) Who is she?

Ilse: (Looking over Menatus who's still crying out) She's not going to last...

Aus: (Awed) She's an elf...

Ilse: She's fading quickly. We must get her to Coolclaw at once. (Helps Raine lift Mena onto her badger) I've been looking for you for two days. (Glances over shoulder somewhat nervously) There are four ferrets behind you.  Where the other ones are, I do not know...

Raine: *Stay with the voles. I'll send badgers for you all as soon as I can*

Ilse: (grabs the badgers reins) *I'm the faster rider*

Raine: *The Road is too dangerous--I don't want to get you involved.*

Ilse: (smiles sadly) *But I am involved--The fate of RWL is at stake and I intend to do my part to save it. Besides, if I can get across the river, the power of the squirrels will protect us.* I am not afraid of them.

(Raine nods slowly as Ilse mounts the badger)

Raine: Ride hard and don't look back.

(Ilse nods and urges her badger forward with a squirrelish phrase.)

Aus: (shouts) What're you doing?!! Those ferrets are still out there!!

(We hear the dramatic Lord of the Rings theme as Ilse rides urgently across a field, Mena looking horribly sick. The field gradually shifts to a forest scene, and we catch glimpses of the ferrets right on Ilse's tail.  Ilse rides madly between the trees in an attempt to cut the ferrets off but Ashyra manages to reach out to grab Mena who looks at her outstretched hand wearily. Ilse glances at Ashyra, ordering her badger to go faster tersely. Eventually the forest melts into a flat plane and all nine wraiths form a sort of V formation directly behind Ilse's horse.  Ilse grits her teeth in determination as she races towards a river, stopping on the opposite shore. The ferrets stop themselves in the shallows of the river and Ashyra's horse rears slightly. She whispers something in the language of Salamandastron and again, signals for Ilse to surrender Mena.  Ilse smiles and draws her sword, rearing her own badger a bit.)

Ilse: If you want her, come and claim her!

(The ferrets hiss and rush forward.  Ilse smiles grimly and begins chanting in Squirrelish. Unbeknownst to the ferrets, the water is raising at their horses ankles. Suddenly, a title wave ((with random shiny objects mixed in with the water because Ilse likes shiny objects)) whose crest is made up of prancing badgers plows into the ferrets, sending them cart wheeling down the river. Mena lets out a feeble groan before slumping over.  Ilse's eyes widen and she starts shaking Mena a bit)

Ilse: No! No! Menatus, no! Don't give in! Not now! (a tear goes down her face)(whispers) What Grace has given me...let it pass to her....Let her be spared... (There is a white light as the image of Ilse fades away and a Wizened Coolclaw appears suddenly, saying Squirrelish spells.  We are left with a feeling of peace as the scene fades to white.)

(End scene)

I used a few extra people for this scene.  I had Ilse be that one lady that picks up Frodo/Menatus and I needed a squirrel to heal Menatus so I just gave it to Coolclaw.  I may actually do a few more scenes before I quit again ^_^.  I'm thinking about replacing Bluemoon for the later scenes because he's no longer here and he never was a big RWLer, so if you want toe part of Pippen, and you do not already have a part, drop me a PM.

~Julie~

TR Shadow

[POINTLESSPOST]

I just realized that I have a punctuation mistake in the title of this topic (And how old is this?).  It's RWL, The Battle for Emperor, when it should have been RWL: The Battle for Emperor XD.

[/ENDPOINTLESSPOST]

Sorry for double posting.  It won't happen again XD.

Abby The Rat

I've changed the title for you, it now RWL: The Battle for Emperor and not RWL, The Battle for Emperor.

How's that?
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

The Lady Shael

Yay! Add on more, Ju! I've been wondering when you were going to continue this, you haven't even reached my parts yet, it's so close...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

~>John<~

were never going to make it to my part, u aren't going to make it king John....
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Blackeyes

Hey Ju, think you could add me in there somewhere?
Dark days are coming my friends....... oh yes we are in trouble....

baska

~Prods Ju~ Write more please! They've been great so far, dont stop now!  Oh, and can I be Haldir?

Peace Alliance

She didn't write more yet...