Birthdays

Started by wolf bite, April 07, 2005, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

yeah me too, how old are you??? im 15. 16 in may :P
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Arguia Zsah

I'm 17. You have to be 17 to learn how to drive over here.

Alazar is Back

Arguia Zsah

Alazar is Back

ah, well good thing i dont live there then :-P

Aqualis

Quote from: Arguia Zsah on February 07, 2007, 12:02:49 PM
Quote from: Aqualis on February 05, 2007, 06:00:37 PM
Green == Go
Yellow == Go Faster
Red == Top Speed

Heehee xD I shall remember that :P

I have my theory test next week x.X Funfun....

More tips:
I've found, and read in many places, that it's safest to go slightly faster than the flow of traffic. This leads to my first rule: Always go 10 mph (16 kph) over the limit, unless traffic is also going that fast, in which case you drive faster. Case in point, when driving on the highways around Chicago, I am never less than 15 mph (24 kph) over the limit, because apparently, the drive fast, but it's usually more around 25 mph (40 kph) over the limit (most of my highway driving in Chicago is on the 355 tollway). On one occasion I was almost 40 mph (64 kph) over the limit in an attempt to avoid a collision (breakdown lane == escape lane).

So, keep that in mind. Speed == Friend.

Actually, that's really my only rules, everything else is rather flexible. For example, I started out with a strict "no drifting in town" rule. Now it's more of a "don't drift in traffic." Except for that one time ... let's just say the people diving those minivans were probably surprised.

On second thought, you probly shouldn't take driving advice from me unless you plan on becoming some kind of wheelman. So ...

Who's birthday is it again?
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Alazar is Back

i like your rules! :-P im gonn have to test them out! :wink:

Gorak

speeding a little is safer then driving under the speed limit
if you are not keeping up to the flow of traffic, you are causing problems.
Your bottle necking traffic and pissing of many other drivers, who start to become aggressive and make mistakes leading to accidents and/or roadrage incidents. All because you couldn't maintain the flow of traffic.
If you can't keep up to the flow of traffic, get the hell off the road, you shouldn't be driving!

another rule (for North America or anywhere else that uses left hand drive) Stay the hell outta the left lane on freeways except to pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
once you pass, get your butt back over into the right lane!!
left lane bandits are worse then people who can't drive with the flow of traffic!
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Alazar is Back

lol, yeah I hate that! They just stay over in the left lane when its actually a law that thats a passing lane only, once you pass your are supposed to merge left! Thats my two cents :-P

Arguia Zsah

Haha. If I drive faster then the speed limit I'll fail the test xD

Scarwake

Just to swing this topic a bit back on course....my birthday was on monday....

Now for my driving stuff...

I always drive 10 over the speed limit and I stay in the left lane because otherwise I am stuck behind a bunch of morons that don't know how to keep the flow of traffic.  Even still in the left lane there are morons that go slower than the speed limit, so I ride their bum until they get over.  And I don't get passed at all on the highway which is why I stay in the left lane.

Oh, and you'll get in trouble here in USA if you drive over the speed limit too on your driving test, don't think you fail, but I dunno I went 5 under when I took it and I was in a small city just to be on the safe side.
Member of the ROC: 03/14/2000
Emperor of

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwl/  RWL Photo Album
In-Character Album

Aqualis

I was consistently over the limit on my driving exam but I still passed. Granted, I think my only infractions were speeding and cornering to fast. Oh, how I love the curves.

As for the left lane people, they are annoying, but they usually get over once I get behind them. Or I pass on the right. I know it's illegal, and bad etiquette, but if you don't get over I'm going to go around. Going left of the guy in the left lane is an emergency maneuver only.

I don't know about Indiana, but going 15 over in Illinois I still get passed. I once got passed by a limo going over 100mph. That was actually pretty cool watching it weave in and out of traffic.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Gorak

Once I was cruisin at high speed (my speedometer doesn't go that high so I don't know how fast, felt like about 220ish) and I got passed like I was standing still by a Dodge 1 ton Cummins with a tidy tank in the back!

I was in shock

he must have done alot of work to that thing
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Alazar is Back

Were I am if you go 1 mph over the speed limit during you test its an automatic failure! And if you go 5 mph under the speed limit then you get docked points for driving "unecissarily slow", but thats where i live :-P

Gen. Volkov

I nearly failed my test, not because I drove to fast, but because I accelerate too fast. I loves to hear that engine go up the RPM scale and then feel it shift when it drops into second. My tester didn't appreciate the rather sharp acceleration that entailed, or the hard braking I did at stop signs. (I still hadn't mastered the art of stopping smoothly at that point)

I'll be 23 in May.

I drive between 5 and 15 over the limit. Slower in areas where I know the cops frequent. Of course, the morons infest the local roads, and they are all two lanes, so I can't pass them, so I am forced to drive the speed limit or slower nearly all the time. It depends on my how focused I am on driving whether I get passed on the highway or not, but I usually don't.

The fastest I've ever seen someone going on the highway was 120, I was going 80 at the time, and he passed me like I was standing still. He got pulled over by the highway patrol 2 miles later, it was very funny to see.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES