Birthdays

Started by wolf bite, April 07, 2005, 05:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on February 19, 2007, 03:31:17 AM
I nearly failed my test, not because I drove to fast, but because I accelerate too fast. I loves to hear that engine go up the RPM scale and then feel it shift when it drops into second. My tester didn't appreciate the rather sharp acceleration that entailed, or the hard braking I did at stop signs. (I still hadn't mastered the art of stopping smoothly at that point)

I'll be 23 in May.

I drive between 5 and 15 over the limit. Slower in areas where I know the cops frequent. Of course, the morons infest the local roads, and they are all two lanes, so I can't pass them, so I am forced to drive the speed limit or slower nearly all the time. It depends on my how focused I am on driving whether I get passed on the highway or not, but I usually don't.

The fastest I've ever seen someone going on the highway was 120, I was going 80 at the time, and he passed me like I was standing still. He got pulled over by the highway patrol 2 miles later, it was very funny to see.

I bet! The coolest thing i have ever done was when i lived in Cali and i was with my dad and his friend, we had a 91' Harley Ultra Classic and his friend a ninja, we wasted his [Behind] when we raced, top speed was like 142 mph and we were driving between cars and ziggzagging through traffic when we encountered it! It was so much fun! I don't know if you guys know what an Ultra Classic is but it is a fully dressed bike with saddlebags, a trunk and the lot, then afterwards we rode a wheely for a block! That bike is so [wash my mouth out!!!] awesome you can drive through parking lots and make all the alarms go off! :-P Nothing sounds like a Harley!!!

{Edit: Even though there are word filters could you please attempt to cut down the cursing in your posts it would be much appreciated.}
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gorak

Harleys come with saddle bags so you have somewhere to put your tools.
I prefer bikes that I don't have to spend more time fixing then riding

and my old '86 Ninja ZX9 would waste any Harley, no competition
you can't compare a massive, heavy butt bulavard cruiser with an engine that hasn't changed in 60 years to a sportbike
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Alazar is Back

hahahahaha, bring it! A Harley would waste that little rice burner that you call a motorcylce! hahaha

Gorak

haven't found a Harely yet that could keep up
and it's an '86
the new ones have 60 more HP and are close to 100lbs lighter

you have to understand power to weight ratios Ally

heres the stats

'96 Harley Ultra Classic
61 HP
75 ft.lb torque
750 lb curb weight (dry)

'95 Kawi Ninja ZX9
141 HP
94 ft.lb Torque
474 lb curb weight (dry)

those are just 2 years that came up when checking the stats, but it still paints a pretty clear picture.

Aqualis

Quote from: Alazar is Back on February 21, 2007, 10:54:43 PM
hahahahaha, bring it! A Harley would waste that little rice burner that you call a motorcylce! hahaha

Simply put: You are wrong.

8-)
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Alazar is Back

I have no clue what a V-Rod has for stats, but i would be willing to bet it can be prepared to some of the ninjas and crotch rockets!

Gen. Volkov

No, the crotch rockets waste the Harleys. Harley's are no longer built for speed, they are cruising bikes. Even the V-rod, cool as it is, is no  match for any of the crotch rockets. However, I would put that new Mercedes-Benz motocycle up against a Ninja. The comparison is rather favorable I think.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

all except the price tag that is

as for the VRod

106 HP
72 ft.lb Torque
595lb dry weight (w/ no saddle bags or W.H.Y.)

and still triple the price tag of a Ninja

as for my old '86
115HP
87 ft.lb Torque
480 lb dry weight

not bad for a 20 year old bike

also

Ninjas, aswell as all sport bikes, use chain drives, Harley uses a belt drive
the chain drive is far superior for putting the power to the pavement, where as the belt drive loses alot of power.

Alazar is Back

ahh :-D interesting! ok well i stand corrected but when we raced, it must have been the driver because we blew that guy away!!! But that also depends on the driver!

Aqualis

Yes, I'd be willing to bet the guy on the Ninja didn't know how to drive.

Or it was a 250.
"Less talky, more drivey." ~Hawk, Applegeeks Issue #161

~the mighta awualis

Alazar is Back

It must have been a 250 cause we seriously beat him, as for a bad driver, nah he want too bad! :wink:

Gen. Volkov

A bad rider on a bad bike will get smoked every time. You may not have thought he was a bad rider, but if he got smoked by a Harley, he was. Even on a 250, he should have not lost by alot.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Gorak

If he was a new rider, he was prolly too scared to go that fast

or else, he wasn't even racing :wink:

Alazar is Back

yeah...who knows he was kind of a panzy anyways but, i donno i guess :-P

The Lady Shael

Happy 15th Birthday Razorclaw!!
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.