idea

Started by artu, March 06, 2006, 08:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artu

how about we add in the option to have clans open like in faf   

Blood Wake

no, cause thats one reason why I don't like FaF, random people can join your clan and look at your news and stuff. if you are at war with another clan all you need to do is get a little brother or someone to join and get in the enemy clan, so that you can read their news and forums
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Ruddertail

On the other hand, no one is forcing you to have an open clan. But I've never really seen the point in having an open clan. I wouldn't bother adding the feature, if Retto's going to work on code, he should be fixing "attack opportunities", or some other thing that doesn't work quite right.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

artu

and you dont have to go to the all the trouble of messaging people to join

Ruddertail

No. You get a clan full of people you don't know and have never talked too. You don't know why they joined the clan, whether they will give a hoot for the authority of the clan leader. The could be accomplished treasury robbers for all you know.

I used to run clans where I messaged random people to join. They never worked. You want a decent clan? Talk to a couple people. Get to know them a little bit. Then ask them if they'd like to start a clan. If they say yes, work out rules, leadership positons, etc. then make the clan.

Otherwise, you don't know and can't trust your members. I'd rather go alone then run with a bunch of people you can't trust. And I've never had much taste for the kind of guys who just join random clans. Generally, all they're looking for is handouts or easy attacks on high ranking guys, using clan war.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

artu

i guess you could just post your pass on the forums

wolf bite

Right, many new clans trying to make a name for themselves do advertise in the clan forum with their Pass. This is allowed.

My trouble with not knowing everyone in the clan is that sometimes you get someone that just wants to start wars and the rest of the clan takes the beating.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Blood Wake

we had this guy in Blades the other day and he kept messageing me with his war plans and asking me to help him kill Peace or someone, we kicked him, lol.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

artu

how was that guy that keep telling you to kill peace

Peace Alliance

kill me? someone kept tryin to... i didn't play for like a week and a half and i let 'em get me down to 1k ,hehe. then i killed 'em. the reply i got was "about time" i thought it was funny