April Fools

Started by Peace Alliance, March 30, 2006, 03:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peace Alliance

The following is only an April fools joke played in 2006.
This is only a play. Nothing you read is true.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since i've been admin, RWL has had very few serious problems. I've helped us get through all the issues, and we have had a flawless half a year. So why do we always feel the need to promote people for no reason? Sure, windy is a nice guy, but he hardly has the leadership qualities of an admin!
So on the staff forums for the last while they've all seem to be deciding without me that windy should be an admin too! Like i haven't done enough on my own? We don't need any more bloody admins! I'm doing everything that needs to be done and more. But no matter how much i protest, they just keep outvoting me and whatnot.
Why have i put all this effort in only to find that my position is being filled by more and more people? I won't sit here while we promote everyone to a position i worked hard to get into!

Gen. Volkov

Yeah, if anyone deserves to be an admin, it's me. :D
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

cloud

"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Neobaron

Windy has a strong background in this stuff plus a level head in all matters... and its not like all of our admins are as active as they need to be.

I havent seen you around much lately, Peace.

Are you even playing the game?

---

Why was this even posted in public?

Its none of our business.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

The Lady Shael

*moved to Staff Forum*

Peace, I can't even express how utterly immature it was to post about this in GD.

I agree with you that we don't need any more admins(I even voted AGAINST the issue like you did, and still we were "outvoted"). Sure, windy would be great as admin, but seriously, we have enough staff members as it is, and we're managing fine.

I'm not happy about this either, but I'm not thick enough to go off complaining about it in public view.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

Thanks Shael for catching that. I just logged in about the same time you moved it to the staff forum. I may disagree with you most of the time, but I know you are out for the best for RWL.

Peace, What In The World Are You Thinking!?!?!

When you joined our team, you agreed to some rules, included in them was that the staff acts as one, and that nothing in the staff forum can be talked about in public until decided on. May I remind you the punishment for violating any staff rule can be demotion?

Okay, now lets fix this. There has only been 10 hits on the topic, so some people have read it. Let just hope that no one realizes what you were talking about. Neo was right that it is NONE of their business until we work things out.

Lets just try to forget what happened and call it a slight oversight, shall we?

This topic is done and lets all just go back to posting in the staff forum topics about this.

Gee!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Peace Alliance

You go and move the topic, and threaten to demote me? You guys are such hippo crits!

Let's get one thing straight here, I have ALWAYS looked out for the betterment of this game! Over-staffing, and promoting people just because it looks cool will make us look unprofessional!

You guys can babble with debates in the staff forum if you want, but i think if i put it right here in GD then everyone will know whats going on and they'll agree with me. I have put plenty of time into this. Sure, maybe some of its behind the scenes. But why do i put all this work in to have it thrown in my face?

I will post about this where i want, when i want. I've earned that right after all the work i've done for this site!

windhound

"hippocrits"  =  one word

look in the mirror ^_^

shame windy cant move topics  :|
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Ok, I was gonna blow this off, but this is enough. You are a cool person Peace, but don't you think you are taking this a little too personally? And why are you talking about this issue in the GD? If you need to talk to someone about this stuff, IM me. This should not be for public viewing, it's a staff argument, and when you agree that an issue should be kept in the Staff Room, it should stay there. Always honor your commitments.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

Urrg, if windy WAS an admin, he could move this topic back to the staff forum.  I just came on line to find 24 hits on this post, and 8 people on line.

I frankly don?t have the time to deal with this. Besides, enough people have seen it. All you are going to do is show what a pain it has been to deal with you for the last half year. You have caused nothing but troubles.

What your real problem is that you don?t want more voting people on the Admin staff to bring more logic against your foolish ideas.

You want your garbage read? Will fine!

*Leaves, but slaps shut with his fist*

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

The Lady Shael

Maybe other members reading this will understand now just how immature you are. That's what you want, right? You only asked for it by posting it out in GD.

You're one to talk about overstaffing. Forgive me for saying, but I still think it was too much to hire you on as an admin, me and wolf were doing fine as it was.

You think that just because you've done stuff for this site that you can do whatever you want? WRONG. Everyone's done their own share of things, and they're mature enough to keep a level head about these things.

And honestly Wolf, I don't even see how the number of voting people on staff is an issue, because both me and Peace voted against it, you and TJ voted for it, and somehow the movement is passed?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

windhound

eh.  not complainin'

moddom has enough power, the move bug could be fixxed..  maybe.  but windy's happy as a mod, as 'es one of the few left..  we are an endangered species, evolving to an admin may greatly disrupt the chi of the forums..  seems the argument already has  :-(

*backs down*
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

*Hates having his closed topics opened*

Sheal, the vote does matter. I am not going to say what all the different types of votes are here in public view, but for Staff promotions there are 5 votes, Retto gets 2 votes, Admins get 1, Mods only advise. Thus, all I needed was Retto?s vote and it would be 3 to 2, I win. You should really know the rules by now.

Peace?s problem is that he is always trying to get some hair-brained idea through, like that ?select people only game.? But can never get anyone to agree. The more people to try to get the majority, the less likely he can trick anyone into it.

Back to the issue, windy is on line a lot and can?t even do his Mod job because those powers don?t seem to work. Who knows, maybe getting him into the controls could fix some of the problems we are having? This is not the time to back down windy, you have been here and put in more time then Peace. Stand up and take what you have earned.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Peace Alliance

QuoteI'm not happy about this either, but I'm not thick enough to go off complaining about it in public view.

Why not? because the public would realise i'm right? Maybe if you would actually stand up and make an ARGUEMENT for once shael. You're always the peacemaker. Making peace on an issue like this gets us nowhere. Then actually look at what we're trying to do; give power to windy?? windy is a peacemakerx10000000!! Nothing will get done now!

I can't believe after all i've done it comes to this. And you act like i have done nothing? If it weren't for those hindering progress (hint: peacemaking shael) we might actually have more accomplished by now! I'm giving this game some direction. thats what we need, not more admins!

I'm posting this here in GD because i know i'm right, and the people of RWL will reflect that now that they know of your plans.

Are you going to try to discapline me for this wolf? Use the voting system YOU designed to outrule me? I don't think you guys will. what will you do without me? What will get done with windy and shael hindering progress?

Everyone here will agree with me, its time to do something about this!

Peace Alliance

And i will stick it to make sure they see

Oh, and here we go, i get more mess on the staff forums from them now, telling me they are going to get me in big trouble! All i get is accusations from these guys! Wolf still thinks i'm just as bad as i used to be. A classical villain! HAve i now done enough to prove myself? This is just like the old days, i can't get around without being under everyones eyes.

I don't do anything wrong, and i get these crazy accusations that i'm cheating or something. They focus on things like that in the debates, completely false things! and then we take away from more important discussions that will help the game!