land starved

Started by Beem, May 24, 2006, 04:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beem

Turbo is SO LAND STARVED, its so sad ;.; 

Is there anyway we can get a bot; like L L scouting, who does nothing but scout every time he gets full turns?  Instead of just waiting till he gets low on acerage?

Or have an account in the start of the game with like an extra 100k acres on it? 
Turbo is fun and has the turn masses to make it a faster paced game, but the lack of land is slowing it down.

Any other ideas or possibilities?

RWL: Skittles #17
Turbo: Kagewa no #9
Mini title: ?Aloof From all Grammatical Rules.?
"When the Emperor looks naked, the Emperor is naked."
"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

artu

right im never going to raise my net at this rate  :-(  wolf bite please bring LL Scouting back into turbo

Peace Alliance

Beem there is usually a LL scouting bot in every round. Retto forgot to make one at the beginning of this round, and i'm afraid with wolf's injury he hasn't be able to get around to it.

I'm sure he'll do it soon. i'm getting quite tired of scrounging for land. right now i scrounged up a max of 20k land which is exactly the amount juska is maxed at. it's all a matter of being on at a lucky time of the day when few people are maxed.

Beem

I know there is the usual L.L. Scouting, but am talking a bot that scouts even more than L.L does.  I mean, it is turbo, and a lot more land would make for a faster paced, mroe fun game.^^

"Let's all dance around under the rainbow until we get brutally assaulted with Skittles."

Wolf Snare

the game is pretty landstarved. If nothing else, I think if Retto made overn attack opertunities work, it would help us all out alot.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

VinnieOlle

What if someone makes a second name and only scouts it?

Then have like rules:
1. The person who runs both names cannot have any interaction between the names.
2. No attacking on scouting name.
3 Whatever else you could think of.

I'd be willing to do it if i was allowed.

Beem

thats how I played the first few days up until sunday night.  I only scouted the whole time, tried to add more land to the round, didn't work as well as I was hoping, but I guess it was better than nothing?

Juska

I believe someone is dropping land.

What proof do you have?

We'll the 4th day into the game I could hit 55k land, I haven't broken 50k since and more people have singed up.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Peace Alliance

yep, somebody dumped a ton of land. Otherwise we'd be nearing 100k a run i think, with all us land scrapers out this round. I know me, wolf snare and juska are all very very good at scraping up land, and do so almost every run. If there was aLL scouting this whole time, we wouldn't be having such a problem with the land.

VinnieOlle

Honestly, I dont think it matters if we have little land, UNLESS we dont have any land because one or two people are holding it all.

Its like in a sport, why make each goal worth 2 when itll be the same if each goal was worth 1.

Beem

You're missing the point of it.  Low land almost defeats the purpose behind Turbo.  It's supposed to be a much mroe fast pased, quickly changing game.  The low land brings a lot of the game to a slow crawl with turns you can't do much with. 

VinnieOlle

why doesnt retto just put a x10 next to the scouting code

David

Ask retto why don't ya?

And peace I know a lot of us RWLers do scout for land. I know I scout at least 200 turns every run i have.

VinnieOlle

When ever im under 5000 land i scout 250 of my turns and use the other 200 using it.

Wolf Snare

I think it would be reasonable if LL scouting was put into the game with about 35k land. That way we have the land that was dropped back into the game and a landfarm.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)