Code Department

Started by The Lady Shael, September 08, 2006, 11:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruddertail

No, it is not.

When you build, you spend cash to build, in addition to the cash you spend on upkeep. You do not spend food to build, so that does not explain a sudden decrease in the amount of turns you can go as calculated on the missions page.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Shadow

i dont think that calculator takes into account the fact that as you gain leaders/troops your -food per turn will increase. It calculates turns left based on your -food remaining constant over those turns. Am i right?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

slickslayer

I am guarantying that this is a stupid question but: what language is this engine built on? couldnt anyone just take the promisance thing and alter it?
Citizen of the United States of America; Patriot; Conservative; Republican; Student; Has a date to homecoming YAY; Redwall Warlords PLAYer!!

~In game this round= "Peace through Strength": (reference to Ronald Reagan)
~Slickslayer

windhound

built in php
yes.  thats the whole basis of promi and other projects like it
there's a standard base that some guy(s) made and released, then other people use the code and add their improvements and fixxes then release their code.  As long as you give credit where its due and release what changes you've made there's no problems
RWL has stated that it will release its code when its  done fixxing things, if you're looking for a good stable version to play around with I sugguest FAF, there's a download link on the sidebar

edit:  and yeah, its fairly easy to setup a promi-based game, harder to get a good stable player-base
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

cloud

Are Sack/Capture fixed yet?
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

The Lady Shael

Nope, it's currently in testing stages.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.