A quick thank you

Started by Peace Alliance, October 06, 2006, 12:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

It is hardly a glitch, volky. The races are specifically designed to have a range of costs in mercinaries, and this strategy has been performed ages ago, on a smaller scale, by wolf bite himself. I'd say leave him as he is, it was all fair game in the moment. We could continue this strategy even, if we wanted to, and nothing could really be said about it. Why? well, unlike pressgang and intentional maxing, this should be concidered a legitimate strategy, so long as it isnt as overpowered as it was when we performed it. No one said anything about this when me and blankshots hit 15 billion net , so why are people complaining now about 600 mil net? easy, no one knew what we were doing when it was me and blankshots using this strategy. This round is a different story, becuase it's been broughten to the publics attention as a glitch. I guess if the admins really wish to take it out of the game, they will have to rewrite the mercinaries division of each race when the new version is released. As for the remaining time in this round, if you all feel that redan dash sitting in first place is somehow preventing yourself from playing to the best of your ability, well, message komodo dragon ingame and I'll aid you for somehow degrading your strategy. Otherwise, use your own strategy to surpass him in networth. it cant be that hard ...
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Meh, I still think that having it be so overpowered was a glitch. But I leave it up to the players to decide. I was just giving my thoughts.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

White Fang

Considering that we can still do it...

Gen. Volkov

But not as well as before right? Which is kinda my point.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Wolf Snare

Well, I bugged Peace to make mercs sell for more so I could indy more effectively, but after redan murdered me several times and we had a little debate over the ingame message system, we decided to work togetehr, and it worked out perfectly that we try that strategy. Sorry Ollie for doing that, it wasn't intentional so that I could abuse the code.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

windhound

wasnt my decision volkov, I would have let you keep it = P
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Peace Alliance

It's important to note that we don't run this game under the same guidelines as FaF, volkov. Just because they are willing to fiddle with networths people earned doesn't mean we are going to here.

"When Josh found the glitch in Wildcat and got all that net, he was penalized"
Josh was penalized because he cheated... He wasn't even supposed to be playing the game at that point.

Gen. Volkov

Meh. Ok. *Realizes he just put the kibosh on the whole thing by mentioning FAF*

LOL, k wondy.