removing the sack feature

Started by Malicious, October 16, 2006, 10:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malicious

i think the sack feature should be removed
the reason is simple
say appa want's to get a massive networth he has alot of food a bit of cash and hardly any troops to consume his resources
i come along and sack him and his networth drops because i have just stolen his food and paid for my run
if Appa wants to get to say 10 billion networth with no army for expense i can just keep on sacking him and i netgain in 40 turns what takes him 450 turns to make
if this sack feature was removed then everyone could get massive networths without it getting sent to the enemy
this would encourage everyone to stock that cash that they get stolen due to the evil sack feature and make a much more interesting and defining game

windhound

I find it amusing you used my appa in your example, but he is a resource netter

the point of sacking is to stop people like me from doing what I'm doing
resources do not impact your horde.  I could gather billions of food and hold it without consequence, and as I (like most) use leaders to gain those resorces, the chance you have of takeing via steal or destroying via poisen is low, esp. since I keep my defences raised around 80% of the time
basically, unlimited networth. 

sack is also very underpowered.  if I'm clanless the most you can sack me is 21x.  you also take less land, which is good for my leaders.  I can normally remake what you can sack in thoes 21x with ~15 missions, depending

if anything we need a steal food spell and for sack to be more powerful, but, naturally, I'm not a big advocate of that ^_^
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

wolf bite

Agrees mostly with windy. Only disagrees it should be made more powerful. Where it is works fine.

Not only for the reasons that windy said about it being the only way to stop one strategy which could take over the game but also for how it plays in diplomacy.

You see, Sack is an act of WAR (unless done against food netters). Lets say I am a normal person playing the game and someone takes the little resources that I have. This will greatly damage my player as my armies can?t eat and I have to step back selling off my armies to make up for the attack. I would be much more upset for the theft of my stuff then the land which I expected to be taken. Many times I have gone to WAR with someone for sacking. Each game has its own unspoken rules. One or Two sacks are over looked as the person might have been low on funds, a full Sacking attack will cause a full retaliation.

Thus Sack is there, use it carefully because it can get you killed.

Wolf Bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles